Official Community Forums Home

Pro's And Con's

• Members
Have you ever thought relationships are cyclical. Perhaps this is the bottom and things will be on the way up now?

(forever the optimist)

LOL! Yes I do. It's been that way for me in the past. But my relationship is so new we haven't had time for ups and downs. After a year and a half we're still looking for... I don't know what. A stronger sense of confidence I guess. This is my LAST relationship, so from that perspective I've put a lot of pressure on myself to get it right.

I was thinking about this thread this afternoon. Over the course of my life I've had several people who have said, "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you." But I've never had anyone say, "If you ever need someone to have sex with, come on over." So I do think if I had to have one or the other in a relationship, I'd take the sex.

• Members
LOL! Yes I do. It's been that way for me in the past. But my relationship is so new we haven't had time for ups and downs. After a year and a half we're still looking for... I don't know what. A stronger sense of confidence I guess. This is my LAST relationship, so from that perspective I've put a lot of pressure on myself to get it right.

I was thinking about this thread this afternoon. Over the course of my life I've had several people who have said, "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you." But I've never had anyone say, "If you ever need someone to have sex with, come on over." So I do think if I had to have one or the other in a relationship, I'd take the sex.

I agree, a great friend is easier to have than a great sex partner. Having both, thats love... JACKPOT! But if this doesn't work, why does it have to be your last relationship? Is it because of your age; if so big deal, my grandfather was older than you are now when he happily married for the 3rd time, and for over 20 years. When you give up on hopes or dreams that is when you die, not when your dead. Maybe the reason you need to go through this relationship is to get to the grand prize, so to speak. Don't pull yourself out of the life before your time. All of life including relationships are full of wonder with little surprises just waiting to happen.

• Members
That is SO true! I think 90% of the other problems in my relationship would go away if I was getting loving, enthusiastic sex once a week.

Come on by. That happens to be my forte. And this week I'm having a special on tender nookie. You'll love it. We'll talk about how men never seem to appreciate the inner you and how they just aren't any good at noticing feminine cues and knowing when you need a hug and a cuddle. I'm full-service. There is foot and hand massage with lavender scented lotion. That comes standard. And then depending on your mood we can swing into finger tips down the spine or caressing along the inner arms and thighs. You decide. I'm here for you.

If you did that more than once a week I bet the other 10% would evaporate too.

If I HAD to chose I would chose a relationship that was just sex. It's easier to find a friend to talk to than to find a good sex partner. But I hope I never have to choose.

No you don't have to choose. I'm right here. Just whistle.

Hi Sunday. I tease woman because I love woman. Ask anyone here.

• Review Team
I agree, a great friend is easier to have than a great sex partner. Having both, thats love... JACKPOT! But if this doesn't work, why does it have to be your last relationship? Is it because of your age; if so big deal, my grandfather was older than you are now when he happily married for the 3rd time, and for over 20 years. When you give up on hopes or dreams that is when you die, not when your dead. Maybe the reason you need to go through this relationship is to get to the grand prize, so to speak. Don't pull yourself out of the life before your time. All of life including relationships are full of wonder with little surprises just waiting to happen.

I agree with LL here, Sunday, there is no reason to call any particular relationship your last until you are happily married to your best friend, who also happens to be your equal in every way - including sex. People sell themselves short when they try to pretend a happy sex lfe isn't important, and I really hate it when people do that - probably because I did it for so long and see the time I wasted being unhappy. I don't want others to make my mistakes.

• Members
I agree with LL here, Sunday, there is no reason to call any particular relationship your last until you are happily married to your best friend, who also happens to be your equal in every way - including sex. People sell themselves short when they try to pretend a happy sex lfe isn't important, and I really hate it when people do that - probably because I did it for so long and see the time I wasted being unhappy. I don't want others to make my mistakes.

A happy sex life is important but it cant be all there is. I am very lucky to be with the woman i am with now. She has made me the happiest man in the world both in and out of the bedroom and we will be married June 23rd.

• Members
I agree with LL here, Sunday, there is no reason to call any particular relationship your last until you are happily married to your best friend, who also happens to be your equal in every way - including sex.

I've been basically single for 10 years. I was with a prescription drug addict for 4 of the years, but the six years of dating and now a year and a half into a very serious relationship has almost been worse. I don't want to go through it again. I completely expect things to work out fine though, so no problems.

• Members
A happy sex life is important but it cant be all there is. I am very lucky to be with the woman i am with now. She has made me the happiest man in the world both in and out of the bedroom and we will be married June 23rd.

Good for you! Are you going on a honeymoon?

I've been basically single for 10 years. I was with a prescription drug addict for 4 of the years, but the six years of dating and now a year and a half into a very serious relationship has almost been worse. I don't want to go through it again. I completely expect things to work out fine though, so no problems.

Just don't close yourself off. Life can be full of wonderful surprises, and when those surprises stare you in the face, stare back, don't turn and run.

• Review Team

I understand. Once you have that something special - it is very hard to imagine being alone again. Trust me - been there done that! Just make sure you are happy, that is all I ask.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I thought so, too... 13 years ago. I thought the sex part would fade and take a backseat. I thought the other stuff we had was more important and would prevail. Well, sex may not be all there is, but if it isn't there, not much else matters. :( After two months of improvement, we're right back to where we were before and I'm back to being as miserable as I was before. Here comes the "D" word again. My point is, don't settle. Don't think for a minute that sex will be less important down the road. Don't make my mistake. Please.

• Members

I'm happy with my boyfriend, even though I haven't had sex with him yet, he's fun to hang out with me and he listens to me. :) Were both pretty independent people but we also enjoy each others company a lot whenever we are hanging out with one another. I want someone fun to be with and knows how to make me laugh and knows how to talk to me about my feelings and then once when we get into the bedroom we turn up the heat and have a lot of fun and knows what my turns on are! He definitely knows how to satisfy me sexually and non sexually! I'm very very happy with him and glad I have him as my boyfriend! :wub:

• Members

AAAHHH!! There is no way I can choose, I just want SEX ALL THE TIME! But there has to be more to it than that. Both, as pretty much everyone has said, is the way it should be. Sorry, but there is no way I can choose. Unless it was because of unfortunate events that turned the sex part off completely, then I would stay because I love them and just take care of myself. That would be very hard... :(