Official Community Forums Home

Ah L'amore

mystofpric

First dates  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who asks who out?

• The man does silly!
    • In a modren world, the woman does the asking!
    • Does it matter, when we're married and 95 and senial who'll remember?
  2. 2. What is your ideal first date?

• Dinner, so we have to talk and get to know each other
    • Movies, it's dark and we really can't talk so there's no pressure
    • Strip Club, I have to pick up my pay check first.
    • Beach or somewhere physical activty is require
    • Well first in the door then up the stairs and finally my bedroom!
    • A bar, relaxed, ots of peole, we can talk but not so likely to ask really personal question.
  3. 3. Do you have sex on the first date?

• Heavens no! Shame on you for even thinking it!
    • Probably not, though i would be quite okay with lots of making out and heavy petting.
    • Maybe, it all depends on how the date went and how comfortable i feel
    • Probably will, unless something really horrible happened.
    • Yup. We're two healthy adults, and did i mention horny as hell?

• Members

Did you know that more first dates happen in the month of Februray than any other non-summer month? This must truly be the month of love! So for those of you married folks, remember back to teh early days when teh butterflies in the stomache ran rampent and the palms were sweaty! For those not in a commited relationship remember the last first date, how'd it go? Do you have a favorite first date to be charished for all time? Share!

• Members

My last first date was about 13 months ago. It was interesting. This was after we talking online and phone for just about a month. We decided to go to dinner and maybe a movie. He was sweet he remembered that my favorite color was purple so he brought me purple carnations. We joke as I was so nervous and quiet on that date. We went to a local pub. While we were sitting there I had direct view of the tv...so I did very little talking and looked at the tv. Before this I had not had a first date in over 14 years. Some of the nervousness wore off, but some was still there. He occasionally would touch my hand or give me a little kiss. It was really nice as he knew just how nervous I was as I almost turned around and went home and didn't show up....lol.

We did chat some back and forth at dinner a little. We decided to go out to the car and talk some more. Well one thing let to another and ended up being like teenagers in a car making out. It was nice as he was always a gentleman making sure that I was alright and ok with what we were doing. Then after a while it was time to head to the movies. We went and saw PS I Love You. Although that is what we bought tickets for we didn't see a whole lot of the movie due to again acting like teenagers, but it was very nice and I was starting to feel so comfortable with him. I tease him on occasion and tell him he corrupted me...hehee.

After the movie he drove me back to my car. We talked a little, kissed good night and planned to get together again 5 days later for New Years Eve as this date was the day after Christmas.

He still teases me on occasion when we go to the pub to eat. He asks if I am gonna watch the tv. Well 13 months later we are still enjoying our times together and having fun.....so who knows what the future holds.

• Members
*takes out note book* shy and quiet, prefect gentleman, necking like teens...

Okay who has has some stories?

Well how about a story from you.

• Members
Well how about a story from you.

I've only had three first dates

1 in high school, it was summer he took my to the semi-pro foot ball team's game and talked to his buddies all night.

1 w/ the work jerk, he invited me bowling with some of the guys and tehir wives/girlfriends, it was fun we talked and things started out really well. No kissing or even a hug but it was nice to take things slow. Little did I know why he was taking things slow.

1 just recently was just horribly awkward. I wrote post about that.

Now back to the stories. Give up the details folks, i have a big ol' notebook!

• Members

I like question 3 in the second part Hahaha...

Anyway the ultimate first date... Hmmm for me I have been on a lot of first dates. I will share a couple since I don't want to be lame and share the one about me and My H again!

I keep thinking about this guy I met at a dance I went to at a city High School back in the day. Me and a couple friends crashed the dance. I was from a suburb next door... I had my eye on him, he was "fine" (remember saying that?!) anyway... My friend told him I thought so, while I was in the bathroom.

When I came out he was standing there and he kind of grabbed my arm and spun me around and kissed me... He ended up driving me home, (heh heh) got my # and called me the next day.

We went to the drive in with another couple. We were in the back seat... as you can imagine we made out but that was it. I do not remember going out w/ him again not sure why... but I love that story!

Another fun one was... I was working at a dept store. This Vince Neil (motley crue) looking dude kept coming in to see me, say hi chat, whatever. Then one day he finally asked me out. We went to see Karate Kid! (yeah I am that old) It was fun we parked afterward. Maybe we went out again but I can't remember either it was a LONG time ago!

Guest eminatic

i've never actually been on a date, but i answered based on what i think i would do lol...

i keep hearing that if you have sex on the first date the guy will not respect you/the relationship will fail. now im kind of curious how many long term couples on TT had sex on the first date :huh:

• Members
i keep hearing that if you have sex on the first date the guy will not respect you/the relationship will fail.

That may be true of guys who are into dating around and seeing a lot of girls, but if he's really interested in you, IMO, it's not going to matter that much in the longrun. I've never had sex on the first date more out of coincidence than anything else, but the BF and I had sex on the second date.

I've only ever been on one first "date" really, and that was with my BF. It was the first time I ever went out with someone I didn't already know well, and I was super nervous! I was the one who asked him out... a band I like was playing at a lounge downtown on my birthday and I didn't have anyone to go with, so I figured it was a good excuse to ask out the cute guy from work who'd just quit the job for the summer. Found him on Facebook like the stalker I am, and that's how I contacted him... I was honestly pretty surprised he took me up on the offer, he seemed like such a goody-goody and I come across as a bit strange, so I didn't know if he'd even be interested in me. I didn't know what to expect, but we completely hit it off and even went to get a bite to eat afterwards and ended up staying out until 2AM or so. I knew he was interested when he wanted to meet me for lunch the next day ;)

• Members

Hmm so cyber stalking isn't a bad thing.....

Em I really think it depends on the guy. I've had guys that I slept with right off the bat that turned out to be pretty decent and then there were guys that i waited to sleep with that turned out to be real douche bags.

• Members

Sweetguy and I made love on the first date, in fact, I spent Thursday thru Sunday with him.

I spent one night alone at my own place before we moved in together.

We are still together, still in love, and he is still hot in the sack! hee~hee

• Members
Sweetguy and I made love on the first date, in fact, I spent Thursday thru Sunday with him.

I spent one night alone at my own place before we moved in together.

We are still together, still in love, and he is still hot in the sack! hee~hee

DAMN! May we all find that kind of passion!

Guest eminatic
Found him on Facebook like the stalker I am, and that's how I contacted him...

lol! thats such a coincidence because i think i met a guy a week or so ago that i might be interested in and i contacted him on facebook...but then i started worrying that i was being too creepy stalker-ish haha. D:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Long ago, a lifetime away, I met a darling spit and polish Army pilot while skiing. He was so neat and pressed. He asked me out. I thought he would be formal and reserved. Well, the next morning....

• Review Team
Hmm so cyber stalking isn't a bad thing.....

Nope, I don't think it is a bad thing. I think there are actually some advantages as long as you are smart about it. The last first date I had was with a man I met through My Space and we talked and chatted for three weeks before we actually met. We had sex on our first date but after three weeks of pretty deep conversations. Had we met another way, there may have been less conversation before our first time together - hard to know for sure, but it's likely.

So, our first date:

I had a work function in a city that is about 40 minutes from where I live and a female friend of mine and I decided to make it a mini-vacation and each get a room at a swank hotel there. You know the type - down comforters, feather pillows, and complementary robes in the closet ... nice place. So he and I made plans to meet there after my work function. We met in the lobby and when he walked up to me, he smiled, I smiled, I think we said "hi" or "nice to see you" or something like that - then we locked lips. I knew it was going to be a good first date at that point. … He left my room about 9 a.m. the next day. ;)

(PS: He has been a constant presence in my life since then, sometimes as a friend, sometimes as more, but having sex on the first date did not seem to have any negative effects on our relationship.)

• Members
lol! thats such a coincidence because i think i met a guy a week or so ago that i might be interested in and i contacted him on facebook...but then i started worrying that i was being too creepy stalker-ish haha. D:

Congrats! I guess it all depends... people who spend as much time online as I do wouldn't think much of it IMO, but someone who's less 'net-savy might think it a little strange :P