Official Community Forums Home

Impossible To Catch Up On Sleep!

Tyger

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Went into Houston, no accidents. LOL Went to Barnes & Noble, found the book I wanted (book on rocks minerals, to help label stone beads when I make my jewelry). Went to Micheal's, found the spacer beads I needed. Went to lunch, dropped Mom off at the airport. That's when it began.....the headache.

I get home, poor DD (who went with me), has had a cold for going on over a week now. She fell asleep on the way into Houston, and dozed on the way home. I'm gettting a headache, and she is sick. I get home, relax, and take some Excedrine, to try and get rid of it. Didn't really touch it. It was a "You're Exhausted" headache. I got home at around 3 pm, to late to nap for me.

Bedtime for DD arrives, and after she's all settled, I get on the chair and read (with plenty of light). Gotta finish the 2nd book in the Twilight series (which I did). Went to sleep around 9:45pm, REALLY early for me.

That's when it all starts...around midnight, hubby gets hungry, makes himself a snack (bacon and eggs), smokes up the house. Nice. Around 2 am, some cats outside start fighting. Meanwhile, the dogs in the neighborhood go barking, to try and encourage "fight fight fight!" LOL. While this is going on, my cat, Mulan, keeps moving with me, everytime I roll over, she moves, then gets back on me. It's uncomfortable. Next comes the dogs grooming, scratching, slurping, chewing......did I mention they're ON THE BED while they're doing this?

At least I realized I got rid of my headache this morning....

So, yes, I am grumpy today. <_< Thanks for reading....

• Members

I think sleep deprivation is the worst thing next to hunger. If I don't get sleep, I don't function. And every annoying thing is magnified.

• Members

Insomnia. I've had it since I was roughly seven or eight. I'd complain to my parents that I could not get my brain to shut off. I feel you. I am super grouch when I am enjoying a rare sleep filled night and it is interrupted by unwanted activity.

now, wanted activity, that's a different story......I am currently very safe from any REM interruption for that. Wait. My best wanted activity takes place in my dreams..........

• Members
The other is that I refuse to have a family member that can do something I can't: lick my own private parts.

Before I say this I'll apologize for my twisted humor and say I mean nothing personal to iha by this smartassed remark!!! They would probably let you if you asked nicely!