Official Community Forums Home

Candle Wax

mailahn97

• Members

We have been talking about bringing wax play into our fun. I am very excited by this. Here is what I purchased. Sensual Hot Wax . Does anyone have any tips to help to enjoy this more as well as tips for removal. I have read somewhere that putting baby oil on beforehand eases the removal.

Do you have any suggestions at all as to the pros and cons to this type of play. We are a couple that have complete trust with each other which I know helps. Thanks.

• Members

GREAT! looking forward to the responses! Very interesting!

If the wax is designed for "wax play", then it should come off easily without any other aides. Does the candle have anything on it for tips, tricks, or hints?

• Members
If the wax is designed for "wax play", then it should come off easily without any other aides. Does the candle have anything on it for tips, tricks, or hints?

I will have to take it out and see. I dont' remember anything on it as far as tips and such. It is designed for it.

• Members

Candle wax varies in melt point and clean up. Paraffin waxes melt at 130-145 fahrenheit, Soy at 120 and Beeswax at 150. Most massage candles are soy. Soy cleans with soap and water, paraffin needs to be picked off or heated to remove. Beeswax is difficult at best.

And be wary of essential oils in candles, not all essential oils are safe for everyone. Fragrance loads in the candles should be in safe amounts for the wax used. Look for seepage in the candle. If you see it, toss it because it's probably excess fragrance oils, and most have a low flash point.

The massage candles I formulate and use, are soy based, cosmetic grade fragrance or just unscented. Just be careful because as I said some paraffins waxes are really hot when liquid.

• Members

I'd suggest laying a towel down where ever you choose to play too or another sheet. Wax can get very messy. Fun, but messy ;)

• Members
I'd suggest laying a towel down where ever you choose to play too or another sheet. Wax can get very messy. Fun, but messy ;)

A towel's a great idea or an old sheet.

• Members
From what I know of my Big Sis, she needs that any way, so maybe a tarp?

Hey sis thanks and I hear my lil sis is following in my steps. I guess for your next birthday I will get you a tarp....hehee.