Official Community Forums Home

4 All You Dieting Girls!

pappyld04

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
glad you liked that Suzy :) I wasn't sure what the response would be.

LOL Sorry I'm in an awesome mood. I know I could be my pre-diet weight and be healthy, every important level is healthy (blood pressure, cholestoral etc) but i wasn't happy at a size 16, a size 12 and I'll be elated. But more than that I hated that I'd go out with the girls get 1/2 through dancing my tail off to a song and be winded. That's what got me. I don't wanna be skinny, I heart my curves, like whoa. I just want curveS not to be a curve! LOL

• Members
LOL Sorry I'm in an awesome mood. I know I could be my pre-diet weight and be healthy, every important level is healthy (blood pressure, cholestoral etc) but i wasn't happy at a size 16, a size 12 and I'll be elated. But more than that I hated that I'd go out with the girls get 1/2 through dancing my tail off to a song and be winded. That's what got me. I don't wanna be skinny, I heart my curves, like whoa. I just want curveS not to be a curve! LOL

Good for you sweetie... keeping it real.

Guest eminatic
No hun it's not a double standard or anything, it's just a question of whether or you've been there. If you have then you'd understand why we are saying it's negitive. That's all hun.

see, apart from having a rather condescending tone, you are also assuming that the ONLY reason i do not find this article negative is because i don't know what its like to have weight problems, which is not true.

also i have been on both sides of the weight issue, for a long time i could NOT gain weight and was told i was at an unhealthy weight by doctors. it was not because i did not eat enough or did not have a balanced diet. and i would constantly hear people around me saying stuff like "well i dont like a girl thats a a stick figure/unhealthy. i like a girl that actually has curves etc" this article just got me thinking, why is everyone so quick to assume that all thin women are unhealthy? and for that matter....why is it that so many men always try to say that they "prefer" a woman at a healthy weight, yet it is the "sticks" they are always oggling and chasing? :huh:

• Members
see, apart from having a rather condescending tone, you are also assuming that the ONLY reason i do not find this article negative is because i don't know what its like to have weight problems, which is not true.

also i have been on both sides of the weight issue, for a long time i could NOT gain weight and was told i was at an unhealthy weight by doctors. it was not because i did not eat enough or did not have a balanced diet. and i would constantly hear people around me saying stuff like "well i dont like a girl thats a a stick figure/unhealthy. i like a girl that actually has curves etc" this article just got me thinking, why is everyone so quick to assume that all thin women are unhealthy? and for that matter....why is it that so many men always try to say that they "prefer" a woman at a healthy weight, yet it is the "sticks" they are always oggling and chasing? :huh:

E, I've never encountered the attitudes and opinions you talk about. I also don't read a condescending tone in any of the post here. You may be sensitive due to what ever your going through right now. It has always been my opinion and experience that different men like different things. Some men like large women, some like a coat hanger women, then there is all the in-betweens. Men are also attracted to women of varied hight; some like women to tower over them, some like the little petite ones. It's just a matter of preference. You have preference on what you like in a male I'm sure, we all do. However, I still think men will find you sexy no matter what size you are if you have the right attitude. Yes, I believe it's all about attitude baby!

That being said, I will tell you growing up I too had a difficult time gaining and maintaining weight. I always ate a 4th meal, and my dad was forever taking me out for sundays, and frustrated when I only wanted ice's(a very low cal tasty treat). I've had 3 children and worked really hard to gain the weight needed during pregnancy. My friends always tease me about being the skinny one who can eating everything. I'm not skinny, I'm thin and I have my own real boobs, which means I do look like a woman. I take my friends teasing as it's meant, good old fashion fun. Yes, I exercise and need to be careful how much cardio I do so I don't overdo it. I hardly ever order a salad for lunch, even though I love them; and I never eat as much as I could when out because I don't feel it's lady like, but I always have desert. No, I don't have any medical problems, including a hyper-thyroid. I consider myself lucky. You should too.

• Members

I'm sorry you find my tone to be condescending. It's not. This is: Stop looking for the negitive in EVERYTHING. No one is out to get you here!

• Members

This post kicked major ass. I know everyone thinks..oh it's negative and she seems so bitchy. Which she is BUT that's what I call tough love baby, and it's the most motivating thing you could ever hear. I want to shake this girls hand, she just added a good 30 mins to my workout tomorrow. Hell to the yes!!

:P

• Members

Now that I got a chance to read all the posts, I wanted to add my two sense in here regarding this battle!

Eminatic, I actually agreed with article myself. While I don't think she should have knocked any other diet programs, I don't think she was all that negative. I did sense some fierce motivation in her tone...or "Tough Love" which I've always favored when it comes to dealing with life's issues. As for the whole skinny vs. fat debate:

i would constantly hear people around me saying stuff like "well i dont like a girl thats a a stick figure/unhealthy. i like a girl that actually has curves etc" this article just got me thinking, why is everyone so quick to assume that all thin women are unhealthy? and for that matter....why is it that so many men always try to say that they "prefer" a woman at a healthy weight, yet it is the "sticks" they are always oggling and chasing?

First of all, let me say, men REALLY don't know what they want, at least half the time. I think they want what they don't have or what they are NOT "USED TO". I think we all know it's pretty obvious when a girl is unhealthy skinny...to name a few..have you seen the women on a high-class runway? THAT is the sick-unhealthy I think everyone refers to, and why are they like that? Because everyone else has told them that sickeningly skinny is the only way to be.

Skinny girls don't get HALF the negative attention that big girls do, and that's why there's a double standard. People associate being "fat" with unhealthy a helluva lot faster than skinny. Why? My theory is that "fat", thanks to Hollywood and Media-retards, is synonymous with extremely negative concepts:

****LAZINESS

****UNHEALTHY

****PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES

****DIRTY, SMELLY, POOR HYGIENE

****LACK OF SELF RESPECT

****POOR SELF IMAGE/LOW CONFIDENCE

****LACK OF SELF CONTROL

The list goes on and on. Now look at the very FEW negative connotations surrounding

skinny women (mind you, women at average weights--not underweight, not overweight-- are NOT included, because everyone loves them, REMEMBER?)

*****EATING DISORDER

*****DRUG ADDICTION

Yeah, let me tell you. You "skinny bitches" have it REAL HARD when it comes to negativity from the outside world :rolleyes:

There's a reason why it's okay to say "Wow you're so freakin' skinny" and it's NOT ok to say "Wow you're a fuckin' fat ass"...I think I've proven my point at least.

• Members

Now that I got a chance to read all the posts, I wanted to add my two sense in here regarding this battle!

Eminatic, I actually agreed with article myself. While I don't think she should have knocked any other diet programs, I don't think she was all that negative. I did sense some fierce motivation in her tone...or "Tough Love" which I've always favored when it comes to dealing with life's issues. As for the whole skinny vs. fat debate:

First of all, let me say, men REALLY don't know what they want, at least half the time. I think they want what they don't have or what they are NOT "USED TO". I think we all know it's pretty obvious when a girl is unhealthy skinny...to name a few..have you seen the women on a high-class runway? THAT is the sick-unhealthy I think everyone refers to, and why are they like that? Because everyone else has told them that sickeningly skinny is the only way to be.

Skinny girls don't get HALF the negative attention that big girls do, and that's why there's a double standard. People associate being "fat" with unhealthy a helluva lot faster than skinny. Why? My theory is that "fat", thanks to Hollywood and Media-retards, is synonymous with extremely negative concepts:

****LAZINESS

****UNHEALTHY

****PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES

****LACK OF SELF RESPECT

****LACK OF SELF CONTROL

The list goes on and on. Now look at the very FEW negative connotations surrounding

skinny women (mind you, women at average weights--not underweight, not overweight-- are NOT included, because everyone loves them, REMEMBER?)

*****EATING DISORDER

*****DRUG ADDICTION

Yeah, let me tell you. You "skinny bitches" have it REAL HARD when it comes to negativity from the outside world :rolleyes:

There's a reason why it's okay to say "Wow you're so freakin' skinny" and it's NOT ok to say "Wow you're a fuckin' fat ass"...I think I've proven my point at least.

Smile4me, i loved your post. it's true and entraining. Thanks for the chuckle tonight. And by the way anyone who says 'skinny bitches' it's usually meant in fun and a tinsy-winsy jealous. My afternoon group of fun told me that.

• Members
Smile4me, i loved your post. it's true and entraining. Thanks for the chuckle tonight. And by the way anyone who says 'skinny bitches' it's usually meant in fun and a tinsy-winsy jealous. My afternoon group of fun told me that.

Thanks Ladylove! I'm glad you found it entertaining! LOL I put quotations around the "skinny bitches" for a reason! hahahaha It's an ongoing joke with me and some of my girlfriends who've lost a significant amount of weight. My good friend Alli lost about 85lbs last year and I still to this day give her hell, stuff like "Are you off to the skinny bitches of orange county convention?" LOL It's definitely meant in a teasing, totally non-insulting way, at least on my end! And of course, it wouldn't be nearly as funny if there wasn't a little envy on behalf of the name-caller! hehehehe

Guest eminatic

****LAZINESS

****UNHEALTHY

****PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES

****LACK OF SELF RESPECT

****LACK OF SELF CONTROL

*****EATING DISORDER

*****DRUG ADDICTION

quite frankly thats a load of crap (but i like how you are allowed to say that you didn't find the article negative and not be attacked for it :o ). the lack of self respect, poor self image and psychological issues goes BOTH ways, for both skinny and fat. also, many people DO NOT DISTINGUISH between healthy thin women and unhealthy malnourished women. besides the eating disorder, drug addiction and lack of self respect, being thin also carries other connotations like conceited, shallow, "popular/bitchy girl", spoiled, airhead, gold digger, slut etc.

and high class models and women portrayed in the media are that way for a reason: IT SELLS. if men were truly not interested they would not bother investing in this industry.

I'm sorry you find my tone to be condescending. It's not. This is: Stop looking for the negitive in EVERYTHING. No one is out to get you here!

i don't know about you but where i'm from, you don't EVER refer to someone you are not friends with as "hun" during a debate unless you are TRYING to come off as insulting and condescending. however the above quote is not condescending, just hostile. :)

• Members
quite frankly thats a load of crap (but i like how you are allowed to say that you didn't find the article negative and not be attacked for it :o ). the lack of self respect, poor self image and psychological issues goes BOTH ways, for both skinny and fat. also, many people DO NOT DISTINGUISH between healthy thin women and unhealthy malnourished women. besides the eating disorder, drug addiction and lack of self respect, being thin also carries other connotations like conceited, shallow, "popular/bitchy girl", spoiled, airhead, gold digger, slut etc.

and high class models and women portrayed in the media are that way for a reason: IT SELLS. if men were truly not interested they would not bother investing in this industry.

i don't know about you but where i'm from, you don't EVER refer to someone you are not friends with as "hun" during a debate unless you are TRYING to come off as insulting and condescending. however the above quote is not condescending, just hostile. :)

Em, see here's what your missing: The world loves a skinny woman. And yeah they differeniate between thin and super skinny. How many time do you see starlets being praised for being thin? All tehf-ing time. Magazines are always saying "how I lost the weighjt" etc etc etc. When I see them being bashed for being skinny is when they looks skeletal. And i agree with those people then. However. You will see more articles about someone gaining 10lbs then someone losing. Suddenly the whole world hates them because they are "fat" when they are by no means, ways, standards, not even in the realm of reality, fat.

Further Smile said that it was negitive to HER, but that she could see why we all think it is. and no one attacked you, that was all in your head, what we did was try to explain to you why we found it negitive an dyou got all defense because poor pitiful Em, no one likes her and she has to be the sad sack center of attention. No one here is out to get you or hates you. Some of us just call people hun, its not condecending unless you have you decide to make it so.

There now that was both hostile and a load of crap.

• Members

Hey now Suzy and Em your both getting hot under the collar. Take a step back. This can be a fun/good debate as long you both stop killing each other.....

• Members
Hey now Suzy and Em your both getting hot under the collar. Take a step back. This can be a fun/good debate as long you both stop killing each other.....

Agreed, this was a great DISCUSSION before people started crying about being attacked. (which I admittedly and purposefully did so in my last post purely as a self defense and coming to the defense of a friend after she and i were both actually attacked) I say if you don't have anything related to the topic hand, weight loss and staying fit, then bugger off.

• Members
Agreed, this was a great DISCUSSION before people started crying about being attacked. (which I admittedly and purposefully did so in my last post purely as a self defense and coming to the defense of a friend after she and i were both actually attacked) I say if you don't have anything related to the topic hand, weight loss and staying fit, then bugger off.

Suz, your still doing it.......

• Members
Suz, your still doing it.......

Your right, I am still defending myself because I am sick and tired of people starting problems and creating drama where there is none. So if this makes me the "bad guy" then so be it but I really REALLY wish people would back the fuck off.

• Members

Em, I call lots of people "hun" and "sweetie". It is not meant as insulting or condescending. It's just the way I talk. I talk that way at work, at home, to my friends, to everyone.

Now, please, Em and Suzy, stop this. We are all adults here, and should be able to have a discussion without calling each other names and being mean. Let's have fun!

Guest eminatic

oh HELL NO i'm not gonna let this little POS get in all these arrogant, snide, flat out RUDE blows and not say anything. i tried to stay quiet. i tried to let the thread get back on topic. but if she feels the need to keep adding on to her mound of bullshit begging a response then fine. you want to continue the discussion and stay on topic? then YOU quit posting over and over with your BS "defense" even though i have said NOTHING for several posts now. you are CLEARLY instigating now so if you want a fucking fight then fine, but don't try to act like you are trying to save the thread by telling people to stay on topic when you are the one continuing to post off topic repeatedly.

smile doesnt get a bunch of shit for saying she didnt find the article negative because she "only said it was negative TO HER"? what kind of fucking bullshit excuse is that? go back, read my first post. what did i say? i said the article doesn't seem negative TO ME. so nice try but your attempt to look innocent is clearly bullshit. but hmmmm i guess its all in my head, huh? god forbid someone might actually have an opinion different than yours. and then you come in with this arrogant prissy attitude of "oh well if you don't agree with ME then clearly you just don't know what its like" you know what? sometimes two people can experience the exact same thing and come away with DIFFERENT OPINIONS ABOUT IT. does that mean the experience of person with the "wrong" opinion doesn't count? NO. fucking deal with it. maybe YOU are the one that needs to "back the fuck off"

• Members

I have tried to stay out of this. This has gotten insane. Em well Suzy said her peace and was done. She posted those replies you are referring to about 14 hours before yours....so she isn't constantly posting. She posted at 9:24 that it should get back on topic so LL posted a reply and Suzy replied to what LL had to say at 9:49am....not to what you were saying.

I am sorry but it seems no matter what you come on here with you turn negative. Get out and enjoy life you are young. Too young to have such pent up anger and such.

Get over this and move the hell on. I hate to say it but I am tired of the poor poor Em things on here. Can I ask why you truly are here? You claim you hate sex and aren't even into playing with toys. It just confuses me. I am not trying to attack you so don't try to turn it that I am attacking you next. I am just asking for clarification.

And now back to the original discussion about the dieting aricle.

Guest eminatic

you asked me for "clarification" so do not complain that what i am about to answer is off topic.

as i already answered in another thread, i came here with an ordering issue. i found this site because i was in a sexually abusive relationship with someone who decided we were going to incorporate toys and i was too stupid and too shy to stand up to him. if you are wondering why i am still here, there are others here that do not start whining that i am being "negative" every time i disagree with something and who have actually been helpful instead of going "ZOMG!! YOU DONT AGREE WITH EVERYONE ELSE?!?! YOU CANT DO THAT!! YOU ARE SO NEGATIVEEEE!!!11!!ONE!ONE!" plus it would obviously give you too much satisfaction if i left.

• Members
you asked me for "clarification" so do not complain that what i am about to answer is off topic.

as i already answered in another thread, i came here with an ordering issue. i found this site because i was in a sexually abusive relationship with someone who decided we were going to incorporate toys and i was too stupid and too shy to stand up to him. there are others here that do not start whining that i am being "negative" every time i disagree with something and who have been helpful if you are wondering why i am still here. plus it would obviously give you too much satisfaction if i left.

I don't complain. I was curious. It just seemed strange to me that you say you don't like toys or sex but were here. I can see someone having thses issues belonging to the board that is trying to work through it so they can enjoy it, but I dont' see that in what you say. I am sure others were curious as well, but didn't know how to approach it or ask you. They were probably afraid of you becoming arugmentative with them. It isn't about being negative it is the way things get worded I think that is the problem. I see a lot of times when you post it is in an arugumentative or negative tone.

I am wondering something is there any topic that has been on here that you weren't negative or argumentative with.

As far as others there are also some that I am sure have just kept there mouth shut. No offense but I know a few. I won't be breaking their confidence to reveal who they are.

As far as the satisfaction of you on here or not....well I don't care. I will say most of your postings I don't even bother with as it is as I said mostly negative or argumentative. There is enough going on in peoples lives without you turning 90% of things into the poor Em show.

Again I am not saying this to fight. I am just answering the points raised. Take it as you want. Again I apologize to it going off topic.

Guest eminatic

i'm sorry that you don't see that in what i say but that's really not my problem. go ahead and tell me more about me, since you seem to think you know what i am feeling or what my goals are better than i do.

and yes, i am aware that PMing about others goes on behind pretty much everyone's back here.

the poor em show? someone posts something with an opinion or asking for an opinion. i happen to disagree or have an unpopular opinion. someone has a bitchfit over it. it turns into a clusterfuck. is it my fault if someone has a problem with a differing opinion? as they say "it takes two to tango" how about "i don't agree with that." "why do you think that?" "are you aware of fact X Y or Z that could possibly change your view?" instead of "WTF YOU CAN'T DISAGREE YOU MUST BE WRONG!" and perhaps i wouldn't get "argumentative"

• Members
i'm sorry that you don't see that in what i say but that's really not my problem. go ahead and tell me more about me, since you seem to think you know what i am feeling or what my goals are better than i do.

and yes, i am aware that PMing about others goes on behind pretty much everyone's back here.

the poor em show? someone posts something with an opinion or asking for an opinion. i happen to disagree or have an unpopular opinion. someone has a bitchfit over it. it turns into a clusterfuck. how about "i don't agree with that." "why do you think that?" "are you aware of fact X Y or Z that could possibly change your view?" instead of "WTF YOU CAN'T DISAGREE YOU MUST BE WRONG!" and perhaps i wouldn't get "argumentative"

Em sorry but I won't be the one that you get mad so that you make me look bad. That isn't going to happen here. I am not the type that edits post after they post them, because they want to get a rise out of someone. Your edits had nothing to do with typos of your own....you added things to get someone mad which was uncalled for. I read your post last night where you went off, but decided I would answer it today. I go today to answer it and clearly see that you have edited it to get a rise out of someone, because you see they are clearly not answering you or stepping into that ring of fire.

I didn't say you are wrong. You may not realize that your tone in practically every post is negative or argumentative. That is what I said. Not once did I say you were wrong.

As far as the pming yes it goes on, but I am just making you aware that some just don't want to publicly say what they think as they are afraid of a fight happening.

With the poor Em comment. I am sorry that is how I feel it turns on most of the threads you post on. Again voicing my point of view but you don't like it. Yet you want everyone to accept your point of views. Do you ever post anything happy, positive or funny? Never said you couldn't disagree it is the way you go about it by attacking someone...instead of saying I see your point but here is my view on it.

I will tell you this. I am done talking about this so say what you want or post what you want....doesn't matter to me. I am not going to keep going back and forth with you on this when no matter what you won't agree with ANYONE.

If you want to talk further you are more than welcome to PM me but I am done discussing this topic on here as others shouldn't have to deal with this issue.

Guest eminatic

oh please, while i can tell you that there are plenty of posts where i am not being "negative" i would challenge you to find ONE post that i did not edit. i ALWAYS go back and edit posts for things left out, things that dont make sense or things that are spelled wrong. (and yes, i minimize punctuation and capitalization on the internet) its called proof reading.

i do not expect anyone to accept my point of view. just perhaps that they dont automatically assume disagreement = heresy.

you think i don't receive PMs about others that would never be said in public? like i said, everyone talks crap about everyone else through PMs. that's nothing new.