Official Community Forums Home

Quality Time ...

• Review Team

I posted this question in the answer a question, ask a question thread but then I decided I actually would like multiple answers to this one. So here goes, during an average 24-hour period, how many hours awake do you spend with your SO? I guess if you aren’t living with your SO your answer will likely be fewer hours, but maybe not because I did say waking hours.

This question comes from an ongoing mini-battle my SO and I keep having. He says we do not spend much time together since I work days and he works nights. But, I contend that we spend just as many waking hours with each other as couples. He says no, but before I throw in the towel, I wanted to see what you all will say.

• Members

Not enough! We both work, he does shifts so can be on nights and he works weekdays and weekends and with a 10 year old there is just not enough hours in the day! When we do get time on our own we can be knackerd, its not easy.

But on a bright note son goes off on cub camp next Friday for the weekend and hubby is off so 2 whole days and nights to ourselves, the first in about 10 months! We have a lot of lost time to make up for ;)

• Members

OK um let me see... On a normal workday, maybe 6-7 total. The weekends vary but it is always way more.

• Members

4 hours at the very least.

• Members

My wife works at home so I see her at least 6 hours a day.

• Members

4-6 hours a day tue, wed, thur. We're together almost constantly fri, sat, sun, mon.

• Members

I usually talk to my SO online about 3 hours a night, depending on if I have school or not the next day.... (remember that he lives 10,000 miles away).

When we are together at work over the summer, most of our day is together, or I can at least see him at pretty much any point that I want.

• Members

Oh, almost forgot... my BF works at the same place I do, so Friday and Saturday when we have the same shifts I see him there as well :lol:

• Members

Golly, I don't know that I could put a number on it, and it varies a lot, but it seems like not a whole lot. Yeah, we cross paths in the morning with me getting ready for work and her getting the kids ready for school, but I wouldn't call that together time. Many nights when I get home from work, she'll be on her way out to her job or a class, or a night out with her friends. And much of the time that we are in the house together, she's yakking on the phone or text messaging, or both, or goofing off on the computer (like I am now), or one or both of us are helping the kids with homework, so that doesn't count as together time either. If we doink, we'll get an hour together; if not, she'll stay up watching the telly, so zero hours there.

On the weekends, I tend to want to do things with the kids, who I haven't seen much of all week, whereas she wants to get away from the kids who she's been with all week, so there's a bit of a disconnect there.

It's not as bad as all that sounds, but it's not a whole heck of a lot of together time.