Official Community Forums Home

Random Touching

krisleightate

• Members

So a friend of mine had a cashier grab her hand and pull it toward her today to see her nails better.  That made me wonder what everyone's opinion is on random strangers just reaching out and grabbing and touching other people.  I am not at all meaning in a sexual way.  The touching I mean is randomly touching someone's pregnant belly, reaching out to touch someone's hair, etc.  

I personally think it is truly bad form.  When I was pregnant I hated people just randomly reaching out and touching my belly. I also have had people reach out and touch my hair randomly commenting how long it is (well not now but it used to be fairly long) and actually one lady pulled on my braid to see if it was real or not.  I am not a fan of being touched, not even by friends and family.  I have my bubble and you have yours, I think people should stay in their own bubble LOL

• Like 4

• Members

Wow Kris after some of the YT vids I've seen of WM shoppers I can believe it. Like you I don't want someone right next to me unless I know them or we are a couple. If I was in a crowded bus or niteclub or even say a grocery store and someone got up close to me and sexually touched me if it turned me on I wood initiate contact with a good chance of reciprocation. If it were the opposite I'd go defensive posture move away and see what they do next. If they go all thug on me and or threaten me my gun comes out. If they run gun is reholstered and I look for a phone. Call 911 report what just happened but the perp ran when he saw my piece and that's it. Castle doctrine extends to wherever I lawfully am in my state. Although one will never hear this in the MSM most defensive gun encounters result in the gun never being fired. As soon as the thug sees a gun he's hightailing outta there.

I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s. Hugging kin was often difficult for me. When I meet someone and extend my hand to shake theirs that's what they're getting. If they try the hood hug and back slap maneuver I'm backing up and telling them we shake or forget about it. I'm Old School. They can like it or lump it.

• Like 3

Thankfully, I have "resting bitch face", so I'm very rarely touched, even when I was pregnant. I've been told I have a "don't fuck with me" vibe, though I don't mean to in most instances. Now, when someone compliments my nails, asking if they're real or not, THEN I tell them to touch them and see.

However, since working at an elementary school, I do allow the kids to touch my hair or nails, or give hugs, or hold my hand.  I never tell them no  because I know that, for some of them, school is the only place they get any sort of affection and/or attention.

• Like 5

• Members

If they compliment me on my nails then that would be different, the cashier just leaned over her register and grabbed K's hand half way through ringing up her purchase.  K said that the cashier hadn't said anything to her at all before this happened.

Children are totally different.  Even though I don't particularly like to be touched, at all, I don't get mad if I child does just touches me.  And I have to say I love little kiddie hugs lol

• Like 3

• Review Team

After spending years in the military I try to stay some distance from people, my training is still well instilled in my head and if someone suddenly reached to grab me my instinct is to grab twist and if need be break bone, only those close to me can get away with it ,however im very aware of my surrounding at all times

• Like 4

• Members

18niter the Service taught you SA. Keep your head on a swivel. When I was in it was all about doing my job. I was on a SAC base in the Heartland. A dozen nukes aimed at Russia. We never used them.

I finger I'm 10 years out from being an old geezer. Where I live Castle Doctrine extends to anywhere I can legally be. My place or my ride or downtown anywhere in 'Murica. Minus NJ NYCity TX (NO Not Texas) DE RI CA and DC=District of PRICKS. <--The 7 places I mentioned incluse Taxachusetts but NOT Illinois. I hope/trust you're in the Rockies or below the Mason Dixon. Or Alaska for now.

• Like 2

• Review Team

HAHA! I can so relate to the no touching! I dont mind a handshake or a side hug, but Iv literally met people who are a hug and kiss for time I meet ya! Now Im mexican so hug and kiss is in my blood, HOWEVER.. if I dont know you respect my space! I also hate when people touch my daughter. Its weird to me and I hate it! Unless you are family or someone we know do not touch her face or her hair like some kinda creep! rant end. 

• Like 4

• Members

So you don't do the evil eye thing?  I am still not sure what that is or what it is about but my stepmom, who is Mexican, touches damn near every kid under 2 that she comes around.  I asked her once and she said it had to do with the evil eye.  Never did get total explanation on it lol.

• Like 2

• Review Team

Lol! Yea idk what the heck that's about 

• Like 2

• Members

Yeah I don't either LOL, but her and all her sisters do it.  Actually most of her family does that.  I am so glad that my girls are both too old for her family to paw on now LOL.  I think it is some sort of blessing? I hope LMAO

• Like 2

• Review Team

Well 12Gauge I was in the 10th mountain division, I've walked the berlin wall, spent a lot of time in Germany guarding the pershing missile company in the northern mountains, I'm actually about 6 and a half hours east of the rabbit hole ( you should know where that is ) and from one vet to another Thank you for your service !!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• Members

I am a touch oriented person. I love to be touched and tend to touch people on first meeting. My touch is not sexual or hopefully inappropriate. I will shake someone's hand and may touch their arm or shoulder. I offer hugs openly. In conversations I am likely to touch someone hand, arm, shoulder, back as we talk. Usually I know when people are open to this. Whith those are not open to touch I tend to keep my distance. I do believe that many of us don't get enough touch in our lives, leaving us disconnected form ourselves and others at times. And for me first meeting of people will quickly move to a hug upon parting or a hug the next time I see that person. It just seems natural to me. .

• Like 2

• Members
On June 9, 2016 at 8:09 PM, PlayfulKitty said:

HAHA! I can so relate to the no touching! I dont mind a handshake or a side hug, but Iv literally met people who are a hug and kiss for time I meet ya! Now Im mexican so hug and kiss is in my blood, HOWEVER.. if I dont know you respect my space! I also hate when people touch my daughter. Its weird to me and I hate it! Unless you are family or someone we know do not touch her face or her hair like some kinda creep! rant end. 

I grew up in a hug and kiss family it's funny because there are people I meet along the way that are not huggers but know I am and know they are going to get a hug... I am a hugger and I don't care... I know what it's like to lose people who mean the world to you in an instant and I also am an over sayer of I love you... I have even slipped up to checkers or so on its my hello good bye because again I know what it's like to lose someone in a blink... I have also been in places in my life where I know that hug that kiss that randome I love you I see you can save a life can save a person from doing something harmful to themselves and others so if my gig makes you uncomfortable I am ok with that nobody has punched me or ever told me to not hug them I mean ever! Also I find it funny how some people great with kisses and I am always that person they do this to. Like my neighbor my boyfriends dad my friend and her family who are Italian it seems more of the older generation but I must be an open person where this does not seem awkward or unacceptable. My friends gave me ha hard time because I once kissed a homeless man it wasn't a French kiss it was a hug and a kiss on the lips an I see you and it will all be ok they thought I was weird I just might be but something tells me to do these things and I am ok with it so I suppose I am an over toucher 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I do hug all of my friends, they deal with it. LOL Even Kris. ;)

• 5 weeks later...