Official Community Forums Home

Is It Over Yet?

ohshelly

• Members

Lots has happened in my life over the last few months, as many of you know.

I moved back near my family and was starting over newly single again.

I kept the job I love so much, and my awesome co workers whom I love even more.

Things went along quietly for a few weeks, and I was getting settled.

Then my dog (my best buddy) got cancer and had to be put down. Major sadness.

Next my son, just home from the Army, found his wife had taken their child and moved in with another man. :(

My son (age 26) was crushed and confused. He and my grandson (almost three) moved in with me. I felt they needed family support and consistancy in their lives right now. My ex (his dad) lives two miles away, and is there when our son needs him.

Not long after, my ex husband, father of my children, who I had been married to for 28 years had a heart attack.

He died twice but they where able to bring him back each time, and he had an emergency triple bypass. He is in his early 50's and very active, not at all who you would picture this happening to. The kids and grandkids where upset, unsettled and needed a lot of reassurance. It made us all take inventory of our lives.

Now, all of this seems so depressing and sad, doesn't it? But I have always said everything happens for a reason. Think about this a moment.

When I had to give up the undying loyalty and companionship of my dog, I was given my son, and my grandson. My son knows me well, but my grandson thinks I can walk on water! I have that poor child so buffalo'ed!! :D:D

Whatever I do amazes him. Who wouldn't get a boost from that?! They have been the best medicine for my bruised heart.

If I had still been living on the farm with my SO, I would not have been here for my son, and not much later, the rest of my family when their dad had his heart attack. I was right here, able to get to them within minutes, and comfort my children. In the mix of all this, we where blessed with anohter healthy grandson.

It seems our family was all brought together because we all where going to need each other.

In the midst of this, we where reminded of lifes miricles and blessings. (baby Logan)

As crazy as this sounds, I am so grateful for everything that has happened.

But I have had enough excitement and suprises, good and bad, to last me for awhile!

Let God know I got the message, ok?? :D

• Members

Wow! So much to get hit with in such a short time! And keeping that positive outlook on it all at that! I think you can walk on water too! Wishing you some peace and happiness now just for you!!! Don't forget to take care of yourself! :)

• Members

Oh, trust me, there where plenty of tears and ranting at God,

but I did it in private. The next day I got up and kept going.

• Members

You are a true surviver.

God works in mysterious ways.......

• Review Team

You have had a lot going on! And I totally agree, things happen for a reason, if we don't see or understand the reason at the time. Keep positive Shel, and good luck with everything.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

That's all you can do. Sounds as if you're doing it all just right too.