Official Community Forums Home

I Miss The Oldies

crossroads123

• Members

I know what you mean Chuck. Several people have tried different ways to revive this board with bringing up old topics and creating new ones. Unfortunately it hasn't helped. I know some have gotten busy and/or at times there isn't really anything new to try to bring up.

• Members

can't say on the old members....as I have only been on here for a little over 6 months.

I don miss some of the previous discussions.and yes the political one was one of the ones I miss.

it seems to me this board is getting very boring.hardly any new topics,and usually always the same 4 or 5 old threads on here.thbm,ask a question answer a question,etc.I haven't even bothered to look at any of those threads in the last severl months,as they don't interest me at all.

somehow we meed to spice up this board somehow.a new thread that has caught my interest is....does this make you hot.we need more like that and let the old 4 or 5 die a slow death.just like the political ones did.

• Members

Being involved in this board for years, its a pattern. There's highs and lows as far as topic threads and movement. Maybe there's something new that you can share with everyone to get a topic going. Or have a question that you've been burning to ask. I also try and incorporate conversations I've had with friends/lovers to get feedback.

• Members
somehow we meed to spice up this board somehow.a new thread that has caught my interest is....does this make you hot.we need more like that .

Thanks...

• Members

Should there be a contest for All-Time Favourite Oldies Thread? Or maybe just a highlighted Vintage Thread of the Week?

How long has this site been active, anyway? What has changed during that time? Have pubic hair shapes evolved? What about positions - what is in now that wasn't back then? And what about the hot couples we've had in here - are they soooo done with the whole 69 that all they like to do these days is just sleep in a comfortable 96?

• Members

The forum front page says there are 9437 registered members. Wonder how many have been active in, say, the last month, or last 3 or 6 months.

Is there a way to find out?

• Members
The ones you where once here but have gone I miss them ssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss politics gave us some thing to get the blood flowing over. Just mho.

I kinda miss the guy who was insisting that everyone in the military had an occupational specialty number. I was bad - baiting him and enjoying watching him twist, then the board shut down and he was gone. I know - I shouldn't tease people, but that was funny.

• Members

As probably one of the more consistent 'long time' members, I can say from experience, that people come and people go. The board waxes and weans. Topics come up and come up again. For me, this board is not always about new topics, but more about helping those who come here. Sometimes that means revisiting old posts and sometimes it means answering the same question repeatedly. There are many people here that are my good friends now - and for that reason alone, I love TT.

I have a suggestion for those of you who want certain topics back on board. Email Rob@tootimid.com and tell him what it is you would like him to bring back. His ultimate goal is to have a successful board, so perhaps he would be willing to bring back politics if there is enough interest in it.

I also have to point out that many new topics DO come up. New articles are posted and polls are placed on board, but sometimes people don't take advantage of that because they are 'not interested' in that topic. Like the topic on marriage and ED. That is an important topic, but not too many people chimed in. However, many people have viewed it - so it still has tremendous worth. Many people come to TT and never post - they just read. That is fantastic! We always have to be mindful of those persons too.

So, I hope that the activity on the board steps up a bit, but I also hope that people stay just because this is a wonderful community and we can all learn and share here!