Official Community Forums Home

Who Is More Likely To Do The Dumping, The Guy Or The Gal?

square

• Members

Who do you suppose is more likely to dump the other in a dating couple, the guy or the gal?

Or is it an even mix?

Does the answer depend on whether they've been dating a short time or a long time?

Any thoughts?

• Members

I wouldn't say that its an even mix but I would think that guys do slightly more dumping than girls. Ultimately the person who is the most emotionally invested in the relationship would have the harder time dumping the other. Because women tend to get emotionally invested due to pressures of society in some cases and due to chemical reactions in the body in other cases it would almost stand to reason that men tend to be the dumpers more than the dumpees.

Randy.

• Members

I have to agree with Randy here. One aditional thought here is the ego factor. Many will sense the impending doom and make a rush to break it off so they can say they broke it off. It is definitely ignorant, but it is a fact! Especially in this era!

• Members

I'm not sure I agree with you two. I understand that there is a chemical emotional attachment rational for thinking this, however I think emotional human connections cross the gender line. That is why I say it is impossible to say who or which gender does the dumping more.

I don't really know. I guess it would depend on the situations. Not to sound all arrogant here, but, in all but one of my relationships, I've been the one to call it quits. I think women try to hang on, and try longer, that's very true, but, in my experience, I've noticed the women doing more of the dumping.

• Members

I was kind of thinking maybe guys are more likely to dump early on, and girls later on. But my data pool is pretty small in the big scheme of things, and the more I think of it, the more examples I come up with that don't follow that trend.

I've known a lot of guys who would date a girl just long enough to get laid, then dump away.

Lately, my wife has had several (girl) friends who'd been dating a long time, maybe a year or more, who dumped the guys after feeling the relationship wasn't going where they hoped, or the guy was turning into a jerk and not worth the shit.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I think Men in the 30's range are not emotionally capable of relationships, if they didn't find the one in the 20's they seem to me anyway to be more into relationships that have no emotinal ties. They are more focused on the jobs and their toys and friends then trying to find the ONE. I also have a question now that I can ask this question and not offend anyone I know.

Why do you think most men are going bald? it seems the men I know in their 30's are for the most part going bald if not already?

I love a mess of hair on my man not all over his body but atop his head. I wonder why this is?

I think that men are more likely to do the breaking up in their 30's because they have got to a point in life that they have a life style and its hard to mix that with a relationship.

I have noticed that with my boyfriend who is in his 40's he wants to have the house the kids the white picket fence

funny I thought I wanted that all a few months before I met him but with the wrong people now that I have what I wanted and asked for

its not as exciting.

I normally date bad boys and now this good guy thing is a bit over whelming for me. I can only handle being around him for three days at a time and the third day I am ready for him to go home.

I got so used to being the chaser that now that the tables have turned its not as appealing for me.

I think I turned into the guys I have dated is that strange?

• Members

From my own personal life experiences, Men...

I'll leave it at that...:P

• Members

Even when you were dating, before your first marriage?

Not that I was ever rude or un caring of someones feelings, It was hard for me to commit before I was married. Then when I did marry, I was committed because I felt I had enough of being single and the entire dating scene.

My divorce had nothing to do with her or me cheating or unfaithfulness, it was more along the lines Our children were grown and we no longer had a common interest, we stopped communicating. So I moved out...

And for the record, I have had only ONE marriage...:angry:

• Members

And for the record, I have had only ONE marriage...:angry:

tongue.gifNot trying to suggest you're a serial marrier, just trying to qualify before your marriage as a young man. Studies show it's harder for women to meet, date, marry, once they reach a a certain age.

I'm wondering if it is more equal when one is young(er). I myself did more of the breaking up, however I still think this is not something one can measure. I still think that human emotional connections cross the gender line, therefore making it impossible to say which gender is more likely to be doing the breaking up.

• Members

tongue.gifNot trying to suggest you're a serial marrier, just trying to qualify before your marriage as a young man. Studies show it's harder for women to meet, date, marry, once they reach a a certain age.

I'm wondering if it is more equal when one is young(er). I myself did more of the breaking up, however I still think this is not something one can measure. I still think that human emotional connections cross the gender line, therefore making it impossible to say which gender is more likely to be doing the breaking up.

Before I was married, .It seemed every girl/woman I dated wanted a relationship, they seemed clingy...I avoided those women like the plague... If I didnt call, they wanted to know why, and i didnt have an excuse other than I wasnt attached to any one woman. And please dont get me wrong, It wasnt as if the 3 Fs were my standard. As I did not have sex with every girl I dated. Some women I just realized once out, she's effing crazy...And there were/are a lot of crazy Women (and Im sure Men also, but I dont date Men) out there.B)

• Members

Before I was married, .It seemed every girl/woman I dated wanted a relationship, they seemed clingy...I avoided those women like the plague... If I didnt call, they wanted to know why, and i didnt have an excuse other than I wasnt attached to any one woman. And please dont get me wrong, It wasnt as if the 3 Fs were my standard. As I did not have sex with every girl I dated. Some women I just realized once out, she's effing crazy...And there were/are a lot of crazy Women (and Im sure Men also, but I dont date Men) out there.B)

I get it... Have you ever watched " How to loose a guy is Ten days"? If not one of the women is the epitome of what your describing. And yes there are men that can be the same way. I always say independence is not underrated.

(what are the 3 F's?, I can only figure out one)

• Members

I get it... Have you ever watched " How to loose a guy is Ten days"? If not one of the women is the epitome of what your describing. And yes there are men that can be the same way. I always say independence is not underrated.

(what are the 3 F's?, I can only figure out one)

I'll send you the definition of the 3F's in a PM, its not very flattering, and not to be discussed openly within earshot of a Lady...:rolleyes:

• Members

I'll send you the definition of the 3F's in a PM, its not very flattering, and not to be discussed openly within earshot of a Lady...:rolleyes:

I guess it's a guy thing that all you men know about?... and women don't? OR am I just naive?

From what my hubby has said before, the 3 F's are Find 'em, Fuck 'em, and Forget 'em. :P

• Members

From what my hubby has said before, the 3 F's are Find 'em, Fuck 'em, and Forget 'em. :P

And a lot of guys practice it.

Which makes me wonder where on earth this notion came from about needing to sleep with a guy after a very few dates to keep him from running off. He's likely to run off anyway.

• Members

I guess it's a guy thing that all you men know about?... and women don't? OR am I just naive?

I dont believe youre very naive... You may lead others to believe this and maybe its a game some women enjoy being coy... But Tyger is spot on... Though I would have sent you the definition in a PM, Ive just been busy since....

Square ~ why so judgmental of men...Women are just as capable of running off (as you say)...

• Members

I dont believe youre very naive... You may lead others to believe this and maybe its a game some women enjoy being coy... But Tyger is spot on... Though I would have sent you the definition in a PM, Ive just been busy since....

Square ~ why so judgmental of men...Women are just as capable of running off (as you say)...

... some is just play, but some not. It's for you to decided which is which rolleyes.gif

• Members

... some is just play, but some not. It's for you to decided which is which rolleyes.gif

Game On...:D

• Members

tongue.gif okay....

Just remember, loser shall receive "Titty Twisters"...;)

• Members

Just remember, loser shall receive "Titty Twisters"...;)

OUCH!!!!

I think you can come up with something much better than that....

• Members

OUCH!!!!

I think you can come up with something much better than that....

Nahhhh, I believe its fitting due to the much TEASING Ive received...

(you know who shall win this game of wits)...:P