Official Community Forums Home

"why Real Men Crave Real (Not Perfect) Bodies"

WendyNY

• Members

There seems to be a lot of discussion on the forums about women wanting

plastic surgery and wanting their breasts enlarged, etc..etc....

I found this article online awhile back and thought I would share it with you.

It's a bit long but it's really good.

Actor Gabriel Olds writes about women he's dated and some thoughts

he has on women who have had plastic surgery versus

"Real" not "Surgically Enhanced" women.

My favorite part of the article is the very last paragraph.

Hopefully this will hit home to all of you women

who may be thinking that you're not "perfect" enough.

http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/2008/02/men-crave-real-bodies?currentPage=1

• Thanks 1

• Members

I agree with the last paragraph

"This is the part I think women don’t understand. When a guy falls in love, his lover’s body parts become bewitching. I’m not going to tell you that our heads don’t turn when we see a stacked blond walking down the street. But when we fall for you—really, really fall for you—you hijack our sense of beautiful. What’s sexy to us? You—in the “before” picture."

I had such trouble with this. He would always be telling me how sexy I am and I would hide and not look at him. Most times he would make me look at him to realize what he was saying was true. I always thought it was about looks. It is the entire package...mental, emotional and physical. A lot of time we forget this because society imposes their ideals on us as to what the perfect sexy person is.

Yes he looks...hell we share pics of people we find. I have come to realize that when you truly care about someone the ideal of someone being sexy transforms into so much more.

• Like 1

Actually, I think many of us gals on here are OK with NOT being surgically altered. However, we do get comments on how someone has done so, or is thinking that it's ok to do.

Personally, I think almost every woman has an area that they wish they could just ZAP away, I know I sure do!

The issues I've seen most commonly here, is that most of us think that some women get plastic surgery to please a MAN, and not THEMSELVES. If you have a BF, or Significant Other, and, after a fashion, they want you to go get plastic surgery to be more sexy, I think that it's time to dump thier sorry butts, cuz they didn't really want the REAL you in the first place.

• Like 1

• Members

I think there is also some truth to the saying, 'I didn't do it for him; I did it for ME.' Listen, my hubby seems to love me for me, and seems to be attracted to me in my post pregnancy, almost 40 state of body. I, however, would LOVE to have a few minor 'alterations done' - for ME. To make ME feel sexier. TO make ME feel better. Not for HIM, for ME. So, while I think that it is true that men DO crave 'real people' - sometimes we women want to do it for us.

• Like 1

• Members

As much as I want to be rid of my stretch marks, (as I'm sure any woman with this "flaw" has thought the something similar) but I would never actually go under the knife. I have never been under, so the thought is a little frightening. That last sentence is very true, my hubby would never let me do anything to my "already perfect body". :P As much as I would want to to feel more sexy, I wouldn't do it if it made my hubby uncomfortable, and not recgonize me. Just can't wear two-piece bathing suits, I don't to begin with. Bring on the stretch marks! :D

• Like 1

• Members

I... I... I... can't fathom doing something like that to myself. I'm good enough for me, and I should be good enough for you, or I'm not going to bother with you. This is my face and my body. Take it or leave it. I'm not going to pay an ungodly amount of money (which would probably do far more good somewhere else) so that someone can slice me up, put stuff in or take stuff out, and then sew me back together. I know that I'm pretty much average-looking, but the people who love me think I'm beautiful. More importantly, *I* like how I look. I'm not by any means 100% thrilled with every single part of me, but not one of my flaws could ever compel me to get surgery. I'm not by any means 100% confident in my body all the time, but I need to learn to deal with (and love) who and what I am, rather than trying to change that.

*shudders*

In case you can't tell, I have strong feelings on this subject. :P I also feel the same way about makeup, though of course not as strongly.

• Like 1

• Members

I think that this issue is personal to each person. I don't advocate nor understand getting plastic surgery or lipo just because. I do think, however, there are those women out there who may try and try and try to lose weight or tone up and just can't get past a certain point. There are those women who may have had C-sections or surgeries that need a little help. IF it is going to make you feel better about yourself as well as more sexy - then what is the problem? I know people have strong reactions when it comes to boob jobs or such, but I think it is a very personal and individual choice!

• Like 1

• Members

Yes, I also think that you should never do anything just to please someone else.

If it will make a women feel better about themselves and they are

doing it for themselves then it's fine.

Cosmetic surgery is definitely an individual choice.

The part of the whole article that totally blew me away was what men

really see in us when they fall in love with us.

I know this is how I feel and I think most women feel the same way.

The more you get to know someone and the more you fall in love with them,

you start to see them from the "inside out".

• Like 1

• Members

Yes, I also think that you should never do anything just to please someone else.

If it will make a women feel better about themselves and they are

doing it for themselves then it's fine.

Cosmetic surgery is definitely an individual choice.

The part of the whole article that totally blew me away was what men

really see in us when they fall in love with us.

I know this is how I feel and I think most women feel the same way.

The more you get to know someone and the more you fall in love with them,

you start to see them from the "inside out".

I completely agree. It gives you such a totally different perspective of the person. It is the deeper connection emotionally and mentally that can make a person sexy to another as well.

• Like 1

• Members

Told my wife fake boobs are her call...she does not need them nor do I(on her). If there was ever a medical reason I think its OK too. From what we have been told women sometimes have to go back a few years latter because one gets "hard" or one might leak(accident). BTW why do so many women buy eye lash stuff,,,guys do not care about eye lashes.

A guy can be a T&A man,leg man or ass man but not eye lash man!

i have always wondered the same thing.... I love my long eyelashes.. but no one really actually notices them.. i get a lot of compliments like "omg.. you have the bluest eyes i've ever seen.

• Like 1

• Members

Fake eyelashes - I don't do them but I do know many women who get them for special occasions because it makes them feel more.... that it just more everything. Prettier, sexier, etc... Also if done professionally the risk of infection is very low. I have never heard of anyone getting an infection from fake eyelashes.

My girls both have translucent dark brown eyes with the longest black eyelashes ever, I'm so jealous!

• Like 1