Official Community Forums Home

Totally Random Thoughts, Ideas, Perspectives!

Tyger

• Members

Congratulations that's wonderful.

Wonderful ??!! :blink: You must be mental. She's too young. She's not ready. I'm not ready. She's my little girl. Auntie Flo, go away and don't come back for another 3 or 4 or 5 years. AAAHHHHH!

• Members

Monthly visits from Aunt Flo from Red Bank (that's Exit 109 off the Garden State Parkway, for you out of towners) are a hell of a thing to saddle an eleven year old girl with. Thanks, Mother Nature.

Square, you crack me up !!!! LOL....I can sympathize. My girls are 12 and 14. My youngest got hers last year at 11 also. She is the more mature of my two daughters. Do you know she had it for almost 4 days before I even found out ?? She just took care of it and didn't say anything. My oldest daughter got hers a little later that same year . She was 13. Now she is COMPLETELY different and you would have thought we needed to take her to the ER !!! It's a lot for them to go through at that age. Yes, it's a sign that they are becoming a woman but at the same time we want to keep them our babies. I think men have a harder time with their daughters growing up. I know my husband is not handling them maturing very well....

• Members

Wonderful ??!! :blink: You must be mental. She's too young. She's not ready. I'm not ready. She's my little girl. Auntie Flo, go away and don't come back for another 3 or 4 or 5 years. AAAHHHHH!

You can't fight it so you might as well embrace it.

Yes, it's a sign that they are becoming a woman but at the same time we want to keep them our babies. I think men have a harder time with their daughters growing up. I know my husband is not handling them maturing very well....

Absolutely! My DH has a hard time remembering my girls are young adults, they will forever be his little girls. They all grow up in spite of us.

• Members

Lol, poor Square! You will soon find out that the worst part is not the periods themselves, it's several years of cranky, moody, super emotional outbursts over every little thing! But it all works itself out in the end with lots of patience, love, and firm guidance! :rolleyes:

• Members

Lol, poor Square! You will soon find out that the worst part is not the periods themselves, it's several years of cranky, moody, super emotional outbursts over every little thing! But it all works itself out in the end with lots of patience, love, and firm guidance! :rolleyes:

Oh boy, your right, how many girls does he have?

• Members

Sometimes in our day to day lives we all have thoughts that perhaps what we do doesn't really make a difference to anyone, doesn't really matter or is not important. Sometimes we feel unappreciated even. I know I've often felt that way. My children sometimes make me feel that way as well.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. While I was at work I was summoned to a patient's exam room. I was confused as I'm not a nurse so I couldn't undertand why I would need to go there. When I got to the room, there was an older man--in his 80's maybe. He was in a wheelchair and his son was with him. On his lap was a box of candy JUST FOR ME--ONLY FOR ME. He smiled at me and he said he wanted to give it to me for all I had done for him, to help him. I was simply stunned. HE THOUGHT OF ME with all he had going on in his own life. He was SO SICK and HE THOUGHT OF ME....I was speechless and it almost brought me to tears. So, I guess that's confirmation that when we think what we do doesn't matter--it matters to SOMEONE.

• Members

Aw, that's great to hear. It's nice to be validated once in a while. :)

Yes, validation is definitely nice. Although it's not necessary all the time, it helps every once in awhile with our outlook of life and ourselves in general. I suppose that incident happened at just the right moment for myself also. We all need a pick me up every now and then... :rolleyes:

• Members

It is interesting in conversations you can have with some friends. A friend I have had for probably 5 years and I have recently become much closer as we know we can trust each other with anything and wow the conversations have been that. It feels good to have someone in person to talk so openly with as well. Don't get me wrong I have friends from here that I know I can pick up the phone at anytime and talk to as well. Just fun as we make sure we do dinner or lunch once a week to catch up as she is in the process of divorcing and my divorce was final a year ago so we have or are going through a lot of the same things. We have learned some rather interesting things about each other that is for sure.

• Members

It is interesting in conversations you can have with some friends. A friend I have had for probably 5 years and I have recently become much closer as we know we can trust each other with anything and wow the conversations have been that. It feels good to have someone in person to talk so openly with as well. Don't get me wrong I have friends from here that I know I can pick up the phone at anytime and talk to as well. Just fun as we make sure we do dinner or lunch once a week to catch up as she is in the process of divorcing and my divorce was final a year ago so we have or are going through a lot of the same things. We have learned some rather interesting things about each other that is for sure.

I'm so happy for you. It's great when you find a friend that you feel really comfortable confiding in and trusting. I think the "trust" part of it is HUGE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If you need help with your wrapping, Ladylove, just give a holler. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Members

If you need help with your wrapping, Ladylove, just give a holler. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

No problem, but I believe it's the unwrapping I need help with. smile.gif

• Members

Just let Me know...

PITA up & down weather!! Hot, cold, hot, wet, cool, chilly, hot, soaking, warm, humid.......and HOT! No wonder we keep getting lots of sick kiddos (and adults) that can't seem to get rid of their colds (and don't even get me started on my allergies!!!).

• Members

PITA up & down weather!! Hot, cold, hot, wet, cool, chilly, hot, soaking, warm, humid.......and HOT! No wonder we keep getting lots of sick kiddos (and adults) that can't seem to get rid of their colds (and don't even get me started on my allergies!!!).

The weather's been wacky everywhere. Here in the North east one day it could be snowing, the next we don't even need to wear a jacket,. I could easily get use to a warm winter .....

• Members

What else pains you there...:P

• Members

OMG someone actually hit on me for once today! but it was a girl, LOL

Its not so flattering when you're a guy and another Male hits on you...Then I consider where I live...B)

• Members

Its not so flattering when you're a guy and another Male hits on you...Then I consider where I live...B)

West Coast Metrosexual........ nice, she thinks to herself.

• Members

West Coast Metrosexual........ nice, she thinks to herself.

So what is "MetroSexual" to you...Ive had this conversation with others, both Men and Women... And it seems to vary from one person to another....

What does this imply...MetroSexual...;)

...and yes, I know the more or less slang definition of the word...Just curious as to your own definition of the word...

• Members

So what is "MetroSexual" to you...Ive had this conversation with others, both Men and Women... And it seems to vary from one person to another....

What does this imply...MetroSexual...;)

...and yes, I know the more or less slang definition of the word...Just curious as to your own definition of the word...

Common to where I live, a metrosexual is a man who takes very good care of himself. Stays in shape, but doesn't have to be a gym rat, always put together and dressed well (even in sweats), a bit manicured while staying manly, and is gentlemanly but can still be a man's man . Basic explanation, but I think you get the idea.

• Members

LMAO...OK, just curios as to your own idea of the word....:P