Official Community Forums Home

2014 Has To Get Better.

RC4BLUE

• Members

I am glad to have the 13 done and over with. 2014 has to get better. I ended the year with being told that my services were no longer required. Asa result I am beginning a nation wide job search. I have few leads. I am hoping to find a teaching position as well as a position in my first profession. I had a LTR go south. She is a wonderful person, caring, kind, intelligent, and stable. Unfortunately the was little passion and we seemed to be moving in different directions.

Having said this, I tend to be a very positive person, addicted to passion, and always perusing happiness. I know thing will work out. There is a great job out there for me. My bigger difficulty will be meeting new people, as I tend to be painfully socially anxious in personal or private settings such as gatherings and parties. I do we'll one on one and that is my strength.

Peace, love and connection will happen.

• Members

Things have got to get better... right?!

Sorry to hear about your job and relationship at the same time.

Think about it like you get a do over and how many people would kill for one of those? :)

• Like 2

• Members

Thanks Blonde... Those are kind words.

I am writing a new chapter of my life. I trust this will be exciting and inspiring.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the encouraging words.

As for an update: I have had one job offer that I turned down. It was't the right fit. The search continues...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Have interview for a position tomorrow. If all goes well I'm hoping for an offer.

• Members

Have an offer on the table. I have to review the contract and negotiate some terms of employment. Looks like I will have a new position within a month. This is good news.

• Members

Thanks. I hope the negotiations go well.

• Members

I have one job offer with a meeting set to negotiate the contract,and another interview with a different potential employer prior to the contact talk. Either way I may be back to work by the end of the week.

• Like 2

I am glad to have the 13 done and over with. 2014 has to get better. I ended the year with being told that my services were no longer required. Asa result I am beginning a nation wide job search. I have few leads. I am hoping to find a teaching position as well as a position in my first profession. I had a LTR go south. She is a wonderful person, caring, kind, intelligent, and stable. Unfortunately the was little passion and we seemed to be moving in different directions.

Having said this, I tend to be a very positive person, addicted to passion, and always perusing happiness. I know thing will work out. There is a great job out there for me. My bigger difficulty will be meeting new people, as I tend to be painfully socially anxious in personal or private settings such as gatherings and parties. I do we'll one on one and that is my strength.

Peace, love and connection will happen.

I'm glad to see you're trying to have a positive attitude towards all of this. That's GREAT!! I too am starting out the new year on a better-for-me foot! I've been single for a little over a year, and I am loving it. This year can only get better now that the drama and pain of a divorce are over and done with. My ex isn't moping around or pissy anymore because he's dating again, and he's dating a woman with my first name, which I find hilarious!! LOL Anyway, I hope things get better for you on a regular basis.

And where will you be going in these great United States of ours?

• Members

Tyger I am happy for you. Moving on is a great thing.

Where will I be going? that is still open to discussion. There are a few options that I still have to look at. I have offers so lots to think about. It is coming time to weigh what is best for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well it's time for an update. So far all of my job leads have not produced a job. With some employers there have benn issues with their ethics that I had problems with so I didn't pursue the job any further. Two jobs didn't pay enough to make my time worthwhile (I would have had to drive 160 miles a day just to get back and forth to the job, at a pay of 10 to 15 $ an hour. Given what I do for a career and my level of education that was not acceptable (have 5 degrees). So as a stop gap I took a part time job building bicycles for $10 an hour. My search continues for employment in my field.

Job searching is very frustrating at times, especially with those that have specialty degrees. Thanks for keeping us updated. We love hearing from all of our forum members. I hope you find something very soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Today I was offered a very part time position, one day a week, that may develop into more. I accepted the offer. I will at least make +$50 per hour. This is a lot better than the last offer of $15 an hour. The job is close by. I am still looking for a full time position, but now I will have money for the bills.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I am still searching for a great job. The one day a week job is going well. I picked up a job working in a bicycle shop for some added cash and something to do while I continue to search. I am headed out to a professional conference and will be putting out feelers there. It is looking more and more like I will have to make a major move for a professional job.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Moving is always a hassle, but if that's what you have to do, that's what you've got to do. I don't know the specifics, but I do know that change is always scary, but if it's a change for the better, then there's nothing to be afraid of. :) I hope things go well for you. Good luck!

• Members

I am beginning to think that I should have never said 2014 has to get better. I am still working part time, looking for a better position, and frustrated with the process. Then yesterday the man who has been a part of my life since the day I was born, the man I am named after, died. I have no way of expressing my love for him, his family, and how important he has been in my life. I will miss his deeply.

• Review Team

I'm sorry to hear of your loss but know he would want nothing but the best for you.

Let warm memories lift the heavy weight of your feet and lighten the pain in your heart, for loves truest form is to celebrate how very special one person can be to you.

• Members

Thank you for your kind words. Through sorrow there is joy. Through loss there is love. Through remembrance there is respect. I strive to live this each day.

• Members

Sorry for your loss. I believe everyone grieves in their own way and time

and if you try not to it will come back on you.

So be sad when you need to be, laugh when you remember something that

you both enjoyed. Time is your friend.

• Members

Well said, thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

It has now been a year since I had my job end. I have worked part time at three different jobs to make ends meet since then. I have sent out somewhere around 700 resumes with a less than 1% return response. Then suddenly there has been a big up tick in employment opportunities and I have been getting positive responses. I've had a few interviews that were incredibly bad. One said no time off for the first year and preferred no time off for the first 5 years. The next had two dogs licking my croch as soon as I was asked to come back to the office for an interview (very disturbing and unprofessional). Now I have several potential opportunities in front of me. If all goes well I will be back in my profession with the new year. This is the first time I have seen real hope in the last year.