Official Community Forums Home

Fun get to know you game...

wendybird74

• Members

I don't come on here very often but I find sometimes it's kind of nice to get to know people by games or questions... So I thought I would try something easy like where is everyone from... Maybe originally and living now.. I don't know if that's to personal but I thought I would give it a try. I am from a very small town in Washington state. Born in Ore. I am a huge fan of the PNW have been and lived all over it... Right now I am living in Spokane WA not my absolute fav part of the state I miss the forest the rain the inlets and the smell of the ocean... But I also love the agriculture of this side of the state I love watching the harvest season 

• Like 2

• Members

Currently I live in the Great Lakes region of the U.S. I have traveled the world and the nation. The water always draws me back. Lake Michigan - salt free/shark free. Having said that I love sharks. I have done several open water dives with sharks. They are amazing anamils. Anyway...will  I live here the rest of my life, most likely not. But now my business is here and I love what I do. Although I could just as easily be a beach bum.....

• Like 3

• Members

I haven't been very much further then the Pacific Northwest but three states wide that's pretty good... Although o live two hours away from Montana and haven't been there yet I feel like from what I have seen o could just as easily fall in love with that state too lol 

• Like 3

• Members

I am a girl but I love the woods I could live out in the woods and never want to come back to town unless I had to lol ok that may or may not be true but today I could run away to the woods and stay for a while give me a fire a bath tub wool socks a coffee pot a good book some good tunes and an endless sky full of stars and I am sold 

• Like 3

• Review Team

I love WA wendy! I wanna retire there when im old, My husband has family in PA and his grandparents lived in sqeuim forever. LOVE IT THERE! Im originally from El paso, texas border town shithole. Iv lived in Colorado for 10 years now love love love it its beautiful here, people are super nice, dont plan on leaving until im ready to move to WA lol

• Like 4

• Members

Colorado is on my list of must sees... I love sqeuim... I haven't been to the lavender farms there yet but man it's a beautiful place xo my fav drive is the Columbia gorge 

• Like 4

• Members

I was born in East Texas, and I currently live in another part of East Texas lol

• Like 4

• Members
On 5/31/2016 at 1:25 AM, wendybird74 said:

I don't come on here very often but I find sometimes it's kind of nice to get to know people by games or questions... So I thought I would try something easy like where is everyone from... Maybe originally and living now.. I don't know if that's to personal but I thought I would give it a try. I am from a very small town in Washington state. Born in Ore. I am a huge fan of the PNW have been and lived all over it... Right now I am living in Spokane WA not my absolute fav part of the state I miss the forest the rain the inlets and the smell of the ocean... But I also love the agriculture of this side of the state I love watching the harvest season

You asked for it so you got it Wendy. Grew up in Lake City in the north end of Seattle. When I got out of the Service in 75 I went to a small town 2 counties north to go to college. After college I got a job and 39 years later decided I might stay for a spell.

Most of the jobs I've had the last 40 years were basically in Agriculture or Natural Resources. About the only jobs I haven't done was work in a chicken plant buck hay or milk cows. I retired in 2015 and I'm here to tell ya it ain't all Mai Tai's and Yahtzee.

I always wanted to buy a couple acres with a nice south western exposure with a spring or existing well.  Land with character. Always had designs of building something akin to a cordwood straw bale Earthship below grade place or dome. Lived in boxes all my life. In 1991 I lived in a good sized tipi for a week in North IDAHO. Wanted to ((build a round house or kinda egg shaped like a tipi. Spent the next 40 years collecting tools BOOKS skills and such as that.))  In the tipi we had a TV and watched China Beach and Star Trek at night on the 1 channel we got. During that trip eventually as a group (8 adults 3 teens and 1 Kitty) in 2 trucks off we went went to MONTANA and camped out near Red Lodge. One of the most kewlest towns I ever been to and HAVE BEEN TO most of the cool towns in Montana. Been to the WEAVER place too. Bought a wok at their yard sale.

Up until 2010 I was in pretty good shape. Thirty years of working outside does that. Spring of 2010 got ambushed by arthritis in my legs and hips. Really knocked the wind out of me. Now 90% of the stuff I used to do is a fading memory.  So I'm 63 half stove up and it's too late for me to make like Charles Ingalls and Half Pint in my version of Little House On The Prairie.

I'm just a hillbilly livin just outside of Sedro in my own place and drive a truck. Haven't owned a car in 30 years.B)

• Like 2

• Members
10 hours ago, 12GAUGE said:

You asked for it so you got it Wendy. Grew up in Lake City in the north end of Seattle. When I got out of the Service in 75 I went to a small town 2 counties north to go to college. After college I got a job and 39 years later decided I might stay for a spell.

Most of the jobs I've had the last 40 years were basically in Agriculture or Natural Resources. About the only jobs I haven't done was work in a chicken plant buck hay or milk cows. I retired in 2015 and I'm here to tell ya it ain't all Mai Tai's and Yahtzee.

I always wanted to buy a couple acres with a nice south western exposure with a spring or existing well.  Land with character. Always had designs of building something akin to a cordwood straw bale Earthship below grade place or dome. Lived in boxes all my life. In 1991 I lived in a good sized tipi for a week in North IDAHO. Wanted to ((build a round house or kinda egg shaped like a tipi. Spent the next 40 years collecting tools BOOKS skills and such as that.))  In the tipi we had a TV and watched China Beach and Star Trek at night on the 1 channel we got. During that trip eventually as a group (8 adults 3 teens and 1 Kitty) in 2 trucks off we went went to MONTANA and camped out near Red Lodge. One of the most kewlest towns I ever been to and HAVE BEEN TO most of the cool towns in Montana. Been to the WEAVER place too. Bought a wok at their yard sale.

Up until 2010 I was in pretty good shape. Thirty years of working outside does that. Spring of 2010 got ambushed by arthritis in my legs and hips. Really knocked the wind out of me. Now 90% of the stuff I used to do is a fading memory.  So I'm 63 half stove up and it's too late for me to make like Charles Ingalls and Half Pint in my version of Little House On The Prairie.

I'm just a hillbilly livin just outside of Sedro in my own place and drive a truck. Haven't owned a car in 30 years.B)

You my friend just might be my absolute favorite person today... I love this story of the life you have lived I am sorry to hear your life has lead you to pain... You are an amazing soul I totally dig that :)

• Like 2

• Members

Wow Wendy THANK YOU SO MUCH for the shining time you give me. Bout the nicest compliment aimed at me in a long spell here.:wub: All the doctors and various hospital personnel tell me I gotta walk everywhere. Yeah I tellem that's EZ for a 25ish to 40sumpin to say. I manage w/o OTC meds. If I'm up making a grub run I got 20-25 minutes of ambulatory and either git er done or be finding a spot to set fer 5 to 10 mikes. Five mikes knocks down half the pain. Nother out to 5 mikes more I'm back UP TO SNUFF. In a pinch I kin git 45 minutes to an hour on a COSTCO RUN. For Costco I'll put in 115% and TBT I ain't too enthused with those fuckers. Cuz of them and my own dang fault likker now costs about a THOUSAND PERCENT MORE than it did when WSLCB had the shine monopoly.

Well shucks Wendy Life is rough all over. I reckon since I LIKE IT ROUGH I KIN HANDLE GITTIN SCREWED EASIER. 'Sides a bitta PAIN JUST MAKES YA STRONGER.:huh:

HUA

• Like 2

• Members

Well you have survived 100% of all you have been through you can survive this I am in a bitch fest lately I guess.. I did talk to my fella and he did seem to hear what I had to say but I guess we shall see he's really good at saying what he thinks I want to hear and then I am really good at buying it and then we are both really good at it all just going back to complacent and drifting treding water this life thing gets messy sometimes it's not all rainbows and butterflies sometimes it's faces scrunchy and full of  wtfs 

• Like 1

Born and raised in central Maine. I moved to Texas the first time, in 2000 after my first divorce. Met my now second ex husband, moved back to Maine for almost 2 year, then back to Texas. I'm in East Texas, not too far from Kris. I'm kinda stuck here until my daughter is 18, per the divorce/custody arrangement. We've been thinking of moving back to Maine when that happens. I do miss my family and friends up there, and the ability to go outdoors without being drenched in sweat immediately after going outside due to the humidity! I love Maine, but the taxes are a bitch!! So, even maybe NH. But anyway, I'm a Maine City Kid now living in Redneck Country! And, yes, I too have a horse!! LOL

• Like 3

• Review Team

I agree Tyger nothing like the great state of Maine, im originally from the coast of Maine , my family roots run deep in the bedrock of Maine ( Blue Hill )

I've set foot in almost every state in this great country except Alaska and Hawaii. I miss Maine during the spring summer and early fall but not in the winter , I used to go to Hampton beach all the time during the summer

• Like 3

• Members

Well I wrote a long winded response to all of you but lost it in a melt down with my son lol. I loved hearing about where you all have been and lived I really like getting to know you all thank you :)

• Like 3

• Members

I to have been a child of a single mother so we moved quite a bit growing up our family tho bat shit crazy at times has always been a constant it's huge like second cousins and great aunts and uncles big.... Lol I have never lived outside the Pacific Northwest but I have always wanted to travel outside of it.. I absolutely cannot imagine living anywhere else ?❤️? we are American Indian and Irish. My grandfather was and always will be my hero used to tell me stories or folk lore of the three mountains the bridge of the gods and this group of hills together that form to look Like a sleeping woman we in Washington call her or it sleeping beauty. There are the natural bridges and ice caves involved in the story too. I live in the agricultural side of the state now but I have spent most of my young life in the trees and my young adult life on the ocean and inlet side of the state... Yep I believe in Sasquatch and all that stuff 

• Like 2

• Members

I believe in love at first sight and I know it all takes work I am not afraid to get my hands dirty I am a daughter of a logger a grand daughter of a dump truck driver and a cherry orchard owner I believe in team work because it's what we do in our family. 

• Like 2

• Members

I love when you get a vibe from someone you cannot deny and have to say it out loud you are beautiful... I get so misunderstood a lot because I voice this it's not always a flirt tho sometimes it might be man or woman if I feel something is absolutely voice able I say it lol it drives people crazy but life is not about the moments unsaid it's about the moments you voice the moments that take your breath away at least I would hope so 

• Like 2

• Members

Having that rush when someone enters your life that overwhelms you is amazing. Putting your voice to it is wonderful. While there may be time that telling someone they are beautiful gets a strange reaction. My experiences is that most of the time it is greeted with joy. There is only one way to truly know if another person as anything close to what you are feeling, voice what you feel. I have missed too many opportunities by not voicing what I feel. I have to fight through my shyness or anxieties sometime. In the end when I do, it is usually worth it.

• Like 3

• Members

I get that questioning look of my nationality all the time... People can't place me lol one a guy walked up to me and asked at first I was set off because he came right out and asked me my nationality and then he explained to me why it was flattering but I understand the uncomfortable places in human nature I just don't understand working through them life is made up of a million things to work out and if you are not doing the work what's the point? We are here to do the work to learn the lessons to find out what we are made of if we are hindered by what makes us uncomfortable that is where the work begins then change it be pro active in the lessons god set out to teach us if we are anxious why if we are addicted why if we are shy why find the value in what you are confronted with and do the work 

• Members

The reasons we are uncomfortable are the reachable moments so find out why my boyfriend and I are working through our stuff and it's getting better but it's because we have to learn how to talk to each other he's tender and I am in your face I can stand to work on that 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/10/2016 at 8:17 PM, wendybird74 said:

... Yep I believe in Sasquatch and all that stuff 

I think my wife had a friend who was married to a Sasquatch ...

• Like 1

Next  Get To Know You Question:

Have you ever been married?

• Like 1

• Members
8 hours ago, Tyger said:

Next  Get To Know You Question:

Have you ever been married?

Twice, divorced once widowed once.

• Review Team

I've been married and divorced 3 times

1st time it was 12 years, she ran off, 2nd 5 years she went back to her ex,  3rd 10 years and she ran off with an old boyfriend , must be something wrong with me  

Married/divorced twice. I know what you mean, l8, sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with me too. Both ex husbands were liars, manipulative, and acted like victims, refusing to accept responsibilities for their own issues.

Maybe it's because I was with the wrong gender!!! ;)

• Like 1