Official Community Forums Home

Fetishes

allit

• Members

I think we need to clarify that bondage in and of itself is not a fetish.

A fetish is something that causes extreme sexual desire and arousal and most times a person can not have sex without some aspect of the fetish. For example, a foot fetish or a urnination fetish.

Therefore, to say that bondage is a fetish is incorrect, it is actually an interest. So, do you want to ask if anyone has any fetishes? Or, do you want to ask about bondage?

I do not mean to be rude, I just like to have correct terminology floating around and for people to be clear about what we are talking about.

For me, I have always considered Corsets to be a bit of a fetish for me. While I can and have had sex without them, I get EXTREMELY sexually aroused when I am wearing one. I also have better sex in general when I have put one on. I have many, many corsets and find them sexually arousing to just touch. In that case, corsets would be a fetish of mine.

Now, if we want to discuss bondage, ask a specific question and I can go on for hours and hours and hours....

Mikayla

• Members
I think we need to clarify that bondage in and of itself is not a fetish.

A fetish is something that causes extreme sexual desire and arousal and most times a person can not have sex without some aspect of the fetish. For example, a foot fetish or a urnination fetish.

Therefore, to say that bondage is a fetish is incorrect, it is actually an interest. So, do you want to ask if anyone has any fetishes? Or, do you want to ask about bondage?

I do not mean to be rude, I just like to have correct terminology floating around and for people to be clear about what we are talking about.

For me, I have always considered Corsets to be a bit of a fetish for me. While I can and have had sex without them, I get EXTREMELY sexually aroused when I am wearing one. I also have better sex in general when I have put one on. I have many, many corsets and find them sexually arousing to just touch. In that case, corsets would be a fetish of mine.

Now, if we want to discuss bondage, ask a specific question and I can go on for hours and hours and hours....

Thanks for the clarification

Any of your thoughts on bondage would be appreciated. I think a blind fold would be great; Could help concentrate on certain other aspects.

Mikayla

• Members

If we're talking about fetishes, mine is fur...just thinking about fur touching my skin gives me shivery chills, that lovely cold-soft sensation...real fur is best.

As for bondage, Im no expert, but I think its a great thing to try.

• Members

Allit, if you are interested in my beginner's bondage techniques, which you certainly seem to be suggesting a blindfold, then I suggest you read my article on Bondage 101 - I am most sure that will give you the answers you seek. If you want more beyond that, let me know I will be glad to provide more "advanced" examples!

Mikayla

• Members
Allit, if you are interested in my beginner's bondage techniques, which you certainly seem to be suggesting a blindfold, then I suggest you read my article on Bondage 101 - I am most sure that will give you the answers you seek. If you want more beyond that, let me know I will be glad to provide more "advanced" examples!

Mikayla

Thanks, I will do that.

• Members

I believe mine if it counts as a fetish would be heels and a teddy. I have had sex with them off of course but when I put on a pair heels, not just any heels the spiked heels and a teddy it turns me on, and of course my hubby but once I have it on and look in the mirror I get wet. :)

• Members
I believe mine if it counts as a fetish would be heels and a teddy. I have had sex with them off of course but when I put on a pair heels, not just any heels the spiked heels and a teddy it turns me on, and of course my hubby but once I have it on and look in the mirror I get wet. :)

I can tell you that a woman who dresses like that for me is a real turn on. Must get my asawa some heels though.

• Members

Mine would be whips. Just seeing one gets me all wet. I love the look, feel, and sound of them. Especially leather, especially ones with several straps. My favorite is this one:

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=4595

I love the way it tickles when he just runs it over my skin and I love the way all those little strips sting when he snaps it just right. :) Just looking at the picture makes me hot. :)

• 4 months later...
  • Members
I would love some bondage both ways. What is your favorite?

Maybe dressed in slutty lingerie and have 4 or 5 hot, hung guys do me in every way and feed me their cum......... yummm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Mikayla

I have to confess that corsets are my fetish as well. I don't know what it is about them, but wow! Just looking at a photo of a woman in a corset can make me wet, and thinking about putting one on for my husband later tonight means I'll have to change my panties soon. I almost always wear a corset when we have sex, and have done so for years. It adds so much to the encounter. I have about two dozen corsets of various styles. Some have been worn so often they're almost threadbare, but I have such great memories of mind-blowing sex parties we've had when I've worn them that I just can't bring myself to throw them out.

I keep my corsets in two separate groups... those I can put on myself, and those my husband has to help me with. I tend to prefer the latter, because choosing the corset and then getting it on and cinching it up can be a steamy experience in itself. I love the feeling of being tightly embraced when he tightens the laces, and of course it's very difficult to put on one's own stockings once tightly laced in, so there's the added pleasure of having him put my stockings on me. But it's nice to have 'easy-on' numbers as well, so if I'm in the mood to surprise him, I have the means to do so.

My husband's fetish has always been garters and stockings. I never found garter belts all that comfortable though, and it wasn't until we discovered the erotic potential of corsetry that our fetishes finally meshed.

Where do you buy your corsets, Mikayla? We have bought a lot from Frederick's of Hollywood (their Ultimate Satin corset is awesome, as is the Hollywood Dream), and also several from Trashy Lingerie. Trashy makes the most wonderfully fun lingerie... and while it's expensive, the fit and quality are worth every penny. There used to be a lingerie chain in Canada called La Vie en Rose, where we bought a couple of very sexy corsets many years ago. BTW, shopping for corsets with my husband, although not a common occurence, is a wonderfully erotic experience. Any girl who hasn't taken her man shopping for sexy lingerie should try it. The payoff when you get all your treasures back home is always red-hot. Yum.

I have been thinking of getting one or two custom-made corsets, but these are very expensive. There is a place in San Francisco called Romantasy that does custom corsets, and one of these days when my husband has to go there on business, I think I'm going to take him shopping again!

• Members
I have to confess that corsets are my fetish as well. I don't know what it is about them, but wow! Just looking at a photo of a woman in a corset can make me wet, and thinking about putting one on for my husband later tonight means I'll have to change my panties soon. I almost always wear a corset when we have sex, and have done so for years. It adds so much to the encounter. I have about two dozen corsets of various styles. Some have been worn so often they're almost threadbare, but I have such great memories of mind-blowing sex parties we've had when I've worn them that I just can't bring myself to throw them out.

I keep my corsets in two separate groups... those I can put on myself, and those my husband has to help me with. I tend to prefer the latter, because choosing the corset and then getting it on and cinching it up can be a steamy experience in itself. I love the feeling of being tightly embraced when he tightens the laces, and of course it's very difficult to put on one's own stockings once tightly laced in, so there's the added pleasure of having him put my stockings on me. But it's nice to have 'easy-on' numbers as well, so if I'm in the mood to surprise him, I have the means to do so.

My husband's fetish has always been garters and stockings. I never found garter belts all that comfortable though, and it wasn't until we discovered the erotic potential of corsetry that our fetishes finally meshed.

Where do you buy your corsets, Mikayla? We have bought a lot from Frederick's of Hollywood (their Ultimate Satin corset is awesome, as is the Hollywood Dream), and also several from Trashy Lingerie. Trashy makes the most wonderfully fun lingerie... and while it's expensive, the fit and quality are worth every penny. There used to be a lingerie chain in Canada called La Vie en Rose, where we bought a couple of very sexy corsets many years ago. BTW, shopping for corsets with my husband, although not a common occurence, is a wonderfully erotic experience. Any girl who hasn't taken her man shopping for sexy lingerie should try it. The payoff when you get all your treasures back home is always red-hot. Yum.

I have been thinking of getting one or two custom-made corsets, but these are very expensive. There is a place in San Francisco called Romantasy that does custom corsets, and one of these days when my husband has to go there on business, I think I'm going to take him shopping again!

Hi Elise,

If I may suggest, the English and the French know their way around with boudoir-like corsetry. You might like these, for example:

www.coco-de-mer-co.uk

www.agentprovocateur.com

www.chantalthomass.fr

Regards

• Members

I have about 30 corsets of various styles and price ranges. The most expensive and my favorite corset thus far was purchased in London 9 years ago - it was custom made, I was measured and then they had to mail it to me because it took 4 months to finish. It cost me a whopping $435.00 - and that was 9 years ago! It is still my favorite and my hubby loves it because he has to lace it up for me. Once this baby goes on, it stays on for the duration. It is an over bust style made of satin brocade and over 100 eyelets in the back. It pushes my rather large, natural breasts up and out - but that is the attraction.

I have also spent 200 - 300 dollars on just an average corset - leather, lace, they all work for me!

I have also gotten a few from Custom Corsets, Period Corsets, Fredericks of Hollywood, Le Trousseu and a few other online stores. I really can't get enough. I do take my hubby with me when I can - and he loves to watch me get in AND out of them! I agree, shopping with your partner is a very, erotic experience!

Glad to hear someone else shares my love of corsets!

Mikayla

• Members

I have also gotten a few from Custom Corsets, Period Corsets, Fredericks of Hollywood, Le Trousseu and a few other online stores. I really can't get enough. I do take my hubby with me when I can - and he loves to watch me get in AND out of them! I agree, shopping with your partner is a very, erotic experience!

Glad to hear someone else shares my love of corsets!

Mikayla

Me too!

I looked at one from Le Trousseau, but couldn't wait. The most I've spent was an unmentionable amount on a Trashy 'Hollywood Park' corset with a number of custom features.... but oh, baby, the payoff! Way yummy!

I really want to get a Sherri Juricka custom model... some of her stuff is just breathtaking (like you'll ever get a breath once you've been cinched in properly in one of her masterpieces! LOL!)

Anyway... my husband and I spent our post-Valentine's day day shopping for bras and corsets online, when the sales hit... looks like we'll be getting some interesting packages (ahem) next week!

• Members

Oh , I forgot to comment on your comment on price. I have been fortunate to have found a lot of good serviceable corsets for $80-$100, mostly from Fredericks. My favorite corsets, however, from specialty makers, tend to run a bit higher in price.

I don't want to discourge women new to the concept by saying that the 'best' corsets are out of their price range. Yes, I have several $500 or so corsets, but a girl can get a very, very nice and VERY sexy corset for under $100 from Fredericks, Figleaves Lingerie, or other online stores. Any girl who wants to find out what a good corset can do for her figure and her sex life who can afford a computer to browse TT.com should be able to find something suitable on these sites.

Mikayla, thanks for bringing up the whole corset/fetish issue! I love it!

• Members

My fetish would be leather high heel pump boots. Now these boots are the high top that come up over her leg some. My wife has a pair and man she looks soooo hot when she has them on. She is about a foot shorter than me and with the boots on she is almost eye to eye with me. Guess having some one that is the same hieght as me is a turn on in its self. Oh and a thcik bear skin fur rug in front of a fireplace. Just the thought of laying on the fur in front of a hot fire...yep that did it I am done.

elise or makayla- do you have a picture of what one of the Corsets look like that you mention? I get confused from the difference from a Corset and just a bust bra.

• Members

Seriously, you don't know the difference! Man oh Man...let me show you....

Here is a more contemporary style, with a lace up back:

classicvic_02_th.jpg

classicvic_04_th.jpg

There are so many more....leather, underbust (these are all overbust)- strictly period (not as sexy looking), waist cincers....

Hope that helps!

Mikayla

• Members

Househunter: I don't know how to post photos on this site, but I will try to learn. Then I can post a few of my favorite corset styles. The pic Mikayla posted is a very, very nice (and also fairly expensive) custom piece. As she says, this is what is called 'overbust' style, which means the corset cinches you in from your hips up to and over your breasts. Other corsets stop below the breasts, which is nice if you have nice high 'n' firm ones (which leaves those of us who've breast-fed our babies out), or you can wear them with a favorite bra.

But I digress. To answer your question, the difference between a long-line bra/bustier and a corset is considerable. A true corset is a garment constructed of fairly heavy material with boning and a means of tightening it (lacing). The boning can be natural whalebone (VERY expensive, if you can find it all any more), more commonly plastic or metal. These bands run vertically from the top to the bottom of the corset. The lacing is generally in the back, but can also be at the sides (I have one Renaissance Fair-type corset with three sets of lacings, back and both sides). A longline bra or bustier fastens with hook-and-eye fasteners and might shrink your waistline by an inch or so, and to be honest, doesn't come low enough on a girl's hips/belly to really control her figure as it ought to. A true corset, properly fitted down on her hips and up to her breasts with good cups, can reduce a girl's waistline by 4 inches or more, flatten her belly, and increase her apparent bust size by two inches or more without padding. Is it any wonder that so many modern women have become corset enthusiasts? Oh, and there is a sort of in-between style, variously called a merrywidow or a camigarter, depending on who makes it, which provides more constriction than a bustier, but not as much as a true corset. I can put any of my merrywidows/camigarters on myself, but putting on a true corset requires help. I have managed to lace myself into one of my corsets once or twice when events warranted, but it's ever so much more fun to have my husband lace me up. Mmm!

The issue of garters and stockings deserves comment. Bustiers, merrywidows/camigarters, and lingerie corsets can all be obtained with garters. You can also get them without, or with detachables. In my experience, most bustiers come equipped with 'suicide' garters... i.e., they're guaranteed to pop and drop your stockings in the most embarassing public situations, causing the wearer to clutch at her thighs and wish she were dead! A good merrywidow/camigarter will have better hardware and hold your stockings up through any reasonably normal social function, including a wedding or New Year's Eve dance, or even a really prolonged, hot sex party with your husband. The garters supplied with a good corset, however, will hold your stockings up through Hurricane Katrina, and keep you looking good while doing it. It helps that many corsets come with more than the traditional 2-per-leg garters, of course... one of my favorites has an even dozen garters, and I believe I could ride a Brahma bull in that corset without having one of them pop on me.

Corsets can be made for wearing over top of a blouse or dress, or they can be made for wearing under the clothing. The variety is truly staggering. Just do a google search on 'corset' and after you read the top 25 sites you should have a pretty good idea.

Corsets are extremely popular in Renaissance Fair type activities, and in Old West and Civil War re-enactor activities. We were at a large cowboy action shooting event last year and I was stunned to see the variety and number of corsets worn by female attendees. And these were only the visible ones. I talked with one woman shooter whose tight pants and cowboy shirt seemed a bit too good to be true, and she admitted she was tight-laced under her shooting rig. I don't shoot, but I do love to dress up while my husband plays with his guns... just so long as he keeps in mind that at the end of the day it's gonna be me receiving the benefit of his shooting!

Do yourself (and your lady) a favor and do the google search. Better still, do it with her. You'll both have fun, probably spend more money than you planned, but if you're like us you'll find that corsets add a wonderfully exciting new dimension to your sex life.

I will try to learn how to cut n paste pix here to illustrate my points. Don't hold your breath, but I'll get to it.

Ciao. Paolo beckons. It appears I will have a busy evening.

• Members

Hi All,

I have sort of tried to feel what my "thing" would be. I've tried and found many things really exciting and hot (light bondage, role playing etc) but have only realised that I don't have a true fetish that would be essential for getting me turned on every time. I think that this has been just as liberating and sexy as it would've been to actually find one. The closest thing I have to a fetish might be classy (sometimes also a bit trashy, but always classy) lingerie. It always does the trick for me although I wouldn't claim that I need that stimulus every time.

Regards

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Ok this doesn't count as a fetish, and it's a little weird, but for me vampires are a major turn on. I was watching Interview with a Vampire and there were at least two parts where Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas were talking to each other and I was ready to die!! :ph34r:

• Members

*leia, well, if your weird, then so am I, lol. I find vampires to be a turn on as well. Not all of them of course but definitely as you said, Interview with a Vampire, Underworld, Angel (everytime he changed I got turned on), even vampires in stories that I have read turn me on...I don't know it is the romaticized image of them or just the thought of having the side of my neck bitten...lol. I like my neck nibbled and bitten on. Either way...I am with you on that one!

ShyBear

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Mikayla and Elise,

I was wondering why you like corsets so much? I've had to wear them for operas I was in (though, some were pseudo-corsets) but I never thought about wearing them during sex. I looked at some on a website and was intrigued, but I guess I want to know if it just makes you feel sexier or what. Also, I'm really large chested so I worry it would make me look flatter - not necessarily a bad thing, but since I'm bigger than I would like in other areas I like my chest! Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated!

• Members

I have always been a corset girl - I guess because when I have on a real corset - the kind that really binds you in, all your assets are well presented and there is a bit of "pain" involved. When corsets were invented, they were meant to make the waist smaller, hoist up the breasts and give men a sort of "show" of the body curves under the large, hoop skirted outfits of the day. A woman's breasts were prized possessions, and corsets made small girls appear larger and bigger breasted girls got to showcase their A game.

I am a big breasted girl 40D when not pregnant, bigger now. WHen I cinch myself into a corset (with help) and my girls are out and proud I feel SOOOOOOO sexy. Just seeing my hubby's face as he looks at me in my corset and stockings is enough to make me cum on the spot. For me, corset wearing is a fetish, a hobby and a giant turn-on. I guess it is just my "thing."