Official Community Forums Home

Helping Out Girlfriend With Rent

telecom69

• Members

My girlfriend lives in some apts that we both feel has become unsafe due to some crime in her complex over the last several months. They are raising her rent an unfair amount to. Her lease is up at the end of October, and since she has been looking around, we have become well aware affordable rent for her is tough with her salary. She has been a very shy women sexually, but has opened up a lot over the year and a half we've been together. I've been patient with her sexually, emotionally, and am committed to her. I have offered to help pay the difference ($150) in monthly rent at a place for her we both looked at that is in a nicer part of town, safe, and actually closer to each other. I can afford it and it won't hurt me financially. She is a very proud women and has never asked me for money, and is now lookinf for a second job. I have helped her out once or twice, but I know she really didn't want me to, but she very much appreciated it. I've made it sound easier by telling her we just cut a couple of nights out on the town monthly and that will easlily make up the difference in rent. Living with me in my house for now is not a good idea due to some issues with my kids, and we both agreed upon that.

Ladies, what do you think?

Telecom.

• Members

I think you are a Diamond Geezer as we say over here...!

If your GF is happy with that arrangement, and you are, I cant see a problem. If she wants to go for it without your help, let her, and just be available to help if needs be.

Ive lived in a few rough areas, and its seriously no fun, so I would recommend to anybody that if they can get away, then do.

Good luck :)

• Members

Listen Telecom, it isn't like this girl is a kept woman or something, I mean, she has a job! You are helping her to supplement! I don't see anything wrong with it. You and her have come a long, long way - and I see you lasting. So look at it like a future investment in your happiness!

You are a good guy - I knew there were more out there! :D

Mikayla

• Members

:) I think that you are doing the right thing. I mean she is working and trying to do it on her own. So she isnt using you are anything, I think that this relationship will last a long time. I have to agree with the others here.

Yes and we women are a little stubborn at times and like to do things are self, we don't like to ask for help or anything else although we will at times accept it. :)

• Members

I think its very nice and thoughtful of you to offer to help her out. Its been a year and a half as you have said so I dont see why she wont accept your offer but then again on the other hand she may not want to feel like she is a burden or maybe doesnt want to depend on someone. If I remember correctly didnt you say she was married before.....maybe now that she is out of that bad situation she loves the freedom she has and wants to make it on her own. Im sure you can work something out.....like maybe if she really really wants to NOT have you help her out you could stop after she gets her second job and gets her new rent and other finances in order.....as you know its all a matter of pride and sometimes pride is just hard to swallow. Sounds like all things with her.....sexual and not.....are to be taken with baby steps......so give her time like you have been doing......I think you two

will be a loving lasting relationship. Good luck with everything and also with your kids......im sure they will come around too someday.......hopefully.

Hrnychick

• Members

I understand where she is coming from. I am the same way. My fiancee has offered several times to help me out with bills and such, and I have a real problem accepting that help. I just feel like he has more important things to spend his money on. Now that's just me. If I was in a dangerous situation like the one she is in, I would take all the help I could get. It's hard for some people to admit they need or want help. They are so used to doing for and taking care of themselves. But I think in this case you are right, and she should not feel bad for needing or wanting your help.

• Members

I agree with the other ladies and also let her know your there if she needs you dont push it but continue letting her know you are concern of her safety and that you care and i believe she would come around good luck :)

SHES A LUCKY GIRL

• Members
I agree with the other ladies and also let her know your there if she needs you dont push it but continue letting her know you are concern of her safety and that you care and i believe she would come around good luck :)

SHES A LUCKY GIRL

Thanks all for your replies. Bondagejunkie hit it right on the head. My gf has told me several times that she doesn't want to depend on anyone. She was married for 22 yrs and worked the whole time, but now that she is divorced and on her own, she has certainly become more independent, and I'm proud of her fot that.

Trickychick, what is a "Diamond Geezer? Is that the equivalent of what we call a "Sugar Daddy? That certainly is not me!

Many of you know the sexual side about my gf from my posts here. She is becoming better, and is very close to the point of even telling me how she likes oral sex while doing it. I know that sounds trivial, but that would be a huge step with her. She uses her vibe 2-3 times a week now solo, so that is good. A few times recently she even said she wanted to do doggie. That is something she didn't care for in the past and almost never did. And to see that ass up in the air. Heaven! It is still baby steps with the sex with her, but I'll continue to wait.

Kiss the eyes and you kiss the soul....

Take Care,

Telecom

• Members
Thanks all for your replies. Bondagejunkie hit it right on the head. My gf has told me several times that she doesn't want to depend on anyone. She was married for 22 yrs and worked the whole time, but now that she is divorced and on her own, she has certainly become more independent, and I'm proud of her fot that.

Trickychick, what is a "Diamond Geezer? Is that the equivalent of what we call a "Sugar Daddy? That certainly is not me!

Many of you know the sexual side about my gf from my posts here. She is becoming better, and is very close to the point of even telling me how she likes oral sex while doing it. I know that sounds trivial, but that would be a huge step with her. She uses her vibe 2-3 times a week now solo, so that is good. A few times recently she even said she wanted to do doggie. That is something she didn't care for in the past and almost never did. And to see that ass up in the air. Heaven! It is still baby steps with the sex with her, but I'll continue to wait.

Kiss the eyes and you kiss the soul....

Take Care,

Telecom

Hi,

It means totally sound / sterling / a top guy / the best sort of man.

:)