Official Community Forums Home

Non-piercing Jewelry

clewing

• Members

Just wondering if they stay on well, are they stimulating, etc. (both the clit and nipple).

Also, aside from the ones that TT offer, what about the non-pierced shields you can get in some places? My nipples are not real large, unless excited, so I don't know how the non-pierced nipple rings/shields would work.

Also, I am considering piercing, any one have any info to relate? I'm definitely going with the naval piercing when I get a little more weight off, but that's because of my goal with my belly dancing.

• Members

I have several kinds of no pierced body jewlery myself.

I have nipple rings, belly rings, ear rings, nose studs etc.

my nipple rings look like a giant C, and as far as stimulation goes, well, they stimulate putting them on, but they are kinda tricky because I have a habit of putting them on sideways, as far as contimueing stimulation, no, not for me.

If you are considering piercing, the temporary jewlery is a great idea,

you can decide if you like the look or not.

As for what to look for as far as aftercare or other adverse reactions,

now is a good time to look around at local tattoo/piercing studios, talk to the piercer, ask questions.

keep this in mind as a rule of thumb though, if the piercer is overly nce and eager to please, stay away.

If they are slightly gruff, rude or otherwise obnoxious, go with them.

I have found this to be a great way to tell wich studio is good and wich ones suck.

If they are overly nice, they are hurting for buisness and are trying to kiss ass to get you to be their buisness.

If they are gruff/rude, they do an excellent buisness and are not going to try and kiss ass to get buisness.

As with all piercings, there is always a chance of rejection, infection or complications.

Always remember to follow your piercers aftercare instructions.

best of luck!

I have tried a few nipple clamps, and they have literally fallen off (short, either way), and found them to be a waste. But that's me.

I have seen nipples be pierced, and they are very painful, but the girl told me later on that she was very turned on by the act itself and the fact that noone else can see it, and it just makes her feel that much naughtier.

I have had my tongue pierced, but took it out before I gave birth, cuz I was scared I would bite down on it and loose a tooth! :P I still have my naval piercing though.

I had both piercings done by a very nice, friendly, gay man with his own salon. And, no, he wasn't desperate for any business. I had to schedule it almost a month in advance. Look for cleanliness, that's #1! Also, ask questions. Any professional piercer will answer these honestly and upfront. The last piercer I saw, I was totally unimpressed, for they gave no after-care instructions, advise, or anything. She was very abrupt, though clean.

Be warned, as most piercers will tell you, there is always a slight risk of loss of sensation when piercing any area.

Anytime I get a piercing or tattoo, I have to not only see cleanliness, licenses, but also feel totally comfortable. After all, they're sticking needles into me, and I want to feel as comfortable as possible, as well as know that they will be there for me or my questions, should I need them again.

Also, don't get a tattoo or piercing to "be cool" or do it for someone else. Piercings CAN be removed, but tattoos are permanant.

• Members

I have tried the non-piercing nipple clamps and clit clamps. Much like Howard's friend, I did have to manipulate the clit jewelry to have it stay put. The nipple jewelry is easier and is stimulating to a point.

I have a naval ring and had (until recently) a clitoral hood piercing. I have also had my nose pierced AND during a wild period of my youth tried to pierce my nipples - TOO MUCH PAIN - they came out immediately.

I also agree with Whiskey on finding a good studio - they have to be clean, use sanitized equipment, and be CERTIFIED piercers! Go and visit, see them in action - if they are too pushy or too nice - run away! Good piercing studios do not need your business - that means they are good - trust me!

Good luck and have fun!

Mikayla

• Members
I have seen nipples be pierced, and they are very painful.

My sister worked at a tattoo parlor for about two-three years a while back, so naturally, I visited the store often. I witnessed countless intimate piercings, and to catagorize them as 'painful' and 'painless' is almost impossible.

The piercing experience is different for every individual. Some say it completely painless... these individuals usually have a high pain tolerence, while others say it was almost unbearable, and obviously have a low tolerence for pain. So, if you are truly considering getting any intimate piercings, you might want to ask yourself a few questions beforehand:

What kind of tolerence do you have to pain? Even if you have a low tolerence, you can still get it done. Just be prepared for the pain.

Will you be adament about cleaning and/or care? Cleaning and caring for piercings daily seems like an easy concept, but some people (aka me) tend to slack on it. This is not a good thing. I have a piercing right now that is causing some major difficulties. And really, who wants an infected nipple? So, consider whether you are a person who adjusts easily to routine and if you are willing to take on the hassle of cleaning and/caring for your piercing.

If you decide to remove it later on, will you mind the scar? Ah, the wise words of my mother. I first got my navel pierced when I was 17 and took it out after an infection (I learned a few piercings later that I was allergic to the metal that particular parlor used, which is another thing to consider) and was left with a scar much bigger than I initially imagined. For the first three years it was extremely noticable and looked horrible. After that, it slowly started to fade but you can still see it. When I first got piercings, I didn't think I'd care about scars but that was then and I know better now. Unless you are completely certain that it won't bother you, I'd hold off.

• Members

Thanks for all your replies. It has really given me a lot to think about. I appreciate all your input.

I have a high tolerance for pain--had all three children totally natural, have had ear infections and hardly noticed them until I started getting dizzy (doctor said he didn't know why I wasn't crying in pain), live with constant arthritis pain from a broken ankle, etc. I'm OK with a routine too, of keeping it clean.

I have read though that the recovery time can be up to a month for a clitoral piercing, but it didn't say if sex was not recommended during that time, or what. That in itself is a consideration, too. May sound like a stupid question, but it is something that I've been wondering about.

And the scars are a consideration I had not thought of. Thanks, again, for pointing that out.

• Members
Thanks for all your replies. It has really given me a lot to think about. I appreciate all your input.

I have a high tolerance for pain--had all three children totally natural, have had ear infections and hardly noticed them until I started getting dizzy (doctor said he didn't know why I wasn't crying in pain), live with constant arthritis pain from a broken ankle, etc. I'm OK with a routine too, of keeping it clean.

I have read though that the recovery time can be up to a month for a clitoral piercing, but it didn't say if sex was not recommended during that time, or what. That in itself is a consideration, too. May sound like a stupid question, but it is something that I've been wondering about.

And the scars are a consideration I had not thought of. Thanks, again, for pointing that out.

I must admit, I don't know for sure if sex would be an option while a clitoral piercing was in the process of healing. Though, I would imagine that the movements would irritate the piercing. However, I doubt that would be the case for the entire month. Sex would probably be fine after about two weeks, so long as you cleaned the piercing thoroughly afterward and made your best attempt not to jar it too much.

• Members

I believe the protocol for clitoral hood piercing, is 4 to 6 weeks of no sex.

And you can not use a vibrator during the healing process.

With a tongue piercing it is 6 weeks of no oral sex.

check out http://www.bmezine.com/

They have great info about piercings etc.