Official Community Forums Home

Intimacy after 60??

• Members

I am a 66 year old, single female. I would like to remarry, but am not sure if my expectations regarding intimacy are realistic. I know that most men over 50/55/60/65 have performance issues, but am wondering if, in general, they still want intimacy. Can a man’s penis still feel pleasurable sensations even when they are unable to have an erection? Are “older” men, in general, still interested in giving pleasure to their partner when they themselves aren’t able to enjoy it in the same way that they used to when they were younger because they are not able to enjoy vaginal intercourse anymore? I mean no offense to any man this may apply to. I love and respect men. I very much want to be sexually satisfied, but just as much want to give my partner pleasure, as well. I cannot get answers to these questions by sleeping with a number of men. It’s just not who I am or have ever been. Again, no offense intended to anyone. Any insight would be appreciated.

• Like 2

• Members

I'm in a category that you talk about. I'm very sexually active and have no performance issues even after having prostate cancer surgery. I still keep my wife very satisfied and give her all she can handle. Good luck in finding somebody that can take care of your needs and you theirs.

Screenshot_20200708-153910.png

• Like 3

• Members
10 minutes ago, Hoggy said:

I forgot to mention, my wife is 62 and even more adventurous than when she was 28 (when we met) 

Glad you mentioned that. Mine is much more adventurous these days as well. Just like fine wine, improves with age.

• Like 1

• Members

It looks like a number of us old timers can still get it up. Way to go guys

• Like 2

• Members

Dating sites are full of men who tell you they're interested in a relationship, but only want pics and phone/video sex. Those are the ones who can't perform. 

I can see this site is full of men who are plenty able, but are either in committed relationships already, and/or are looking for casual sex. I think...

I'm going on 60, though, and I can understand the question. I've had my share of empty promises.

The "man" I'm currently keeping at bay cannot get hard, but he has phone sex and videosex with any woman who will oblige. So there must be some sensation. And he is good at oral, so.

I wish for a connection that goes beyond sex, though. That's the elusive one.

• Members
4 hours ago, Highroller8 said:

Well the knife cuts both ways ladies, I have  seen my sex life deminish  due to my wife’s lack of drive… so it’s not just men, Only because of ED do men get a bad rap!

If I have a connection with someone, I'm not worried whether he has ED or not. My late husband was impotent the last 6 years of our marriage. He couldn't take the meds, or was afraid, I don't remember, but I dealt with it. Since becoming a widow, and returning to dating, my issue with men hasn't been that they couldn't get hard. My issue was that they never told me until it happened, and didn't take medication for it. My narcissistic ex even had pills with him, but didn't use them. I found out later he was saving them for his next date.

Women have issues, too as they age. If I'm lucky enough to get laid, I deal with cystitis for 2 weeks afterward. I don't know whether it's lack of, or age, to tell the truth. 🙃

Anyway, I can't speak for "all" women, but for me, ED isn't a problem. I learned with my nex that it's only one part of a great time, and fixable for most.

As a fellow sexually frustrated person, I get it. Have a great day!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 12/29/2021 at 5:30 AM, Older and Interested said:

I am a 66 year old, single female. I would like to remarry, but am not sure if my expectations regarding intimacy are realistic. I know that most men over 50/55/60/65 have performance issues, but am wondering if, in general, they still want intimacy. Can a man’s penis still feel pleasurable sensations even when they are unable to have an erection? Are “older” men, in general, still interested in giving pleasure to their partner when they themselves aren’t able to enjoy it in the same way that they used to when they were younger because they are not able to enjoy vaginal intercourse anymore? I mean no offense to any man this may apply to. I love and respect men. I very much want to be sexually satisfied, but just as much want to give my partner pleasure, as well. I cannot get answers to these questions by sleeping with a number of men. It’s just not who I am or have ever been. Again, no offense intended to anyone. Any insight would be appreciated.

First, welcome to the site. Your expectations are totally realistic. I am a 73 year old male and very much still want and need intimacy. I still easily attain erections and can totally enjoy intercourse as well as everything a woman would desire to be satisfied. My situation is the opposite. My wife is not able to participate due to several surgeries for medical issues and she is also of the opinion that we shouldn't need it at our ages.  But as for your question, age is no limit and many men feel the same as I do and can still satisfy.  If they do have a problem, many things are available to improve them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi and great question. That's my age bracket and I'm still very interested in intimate time. Less inhibited,  with a very strong libido.  The drive is still strong 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Yes

• 2 months later...