Official Community Forums Home

Totally Ot

whiskeywoman

• Members

I did it.

When I say I did it, I mean I did it in a very big way.

This afternoon, before work, I went to meet an advisor for the local college.

I filled out an admissions application and financial aid applications for my classes.

I applied for my associates degree in computer sciences, once I have that done, I plan on obtaining my batchlors in IT science.

All of the classes are online, so even if I work 40 plus hours a week, I can still take them as time permits, I should have my AA hopefully sometime later this year.

I just felt as though it is time for my life to go up a notch or two.

Wish me luck!

• Members

That is GREAT Whiskey! Online classes are the new rage now - I even have taught some myself!

Please keep us informed and we all wish you the BEST of luck!!! ;)

• Members

hey hey hey i am so excited for you i have register for class also i start this month so way to go keep up the good work you deserve it :):D stay in touch

Now that our daughter is getting bigger, I've been toying with the idea of Online Courses as well.

Congrats on your big step!

• Members

Congratulations Whiskey! I will be the first to tell you that online classes can be very rewarding and very challenging at the same time. I recieved my BS in Criminal Justice from an Online University in May of 2006. It was not an easy feat the first year...I was working 40-50 hours, coaching soccer, and taking care of a family...BUT....it is doable. Just keep your eye on your goal and you will make it happen. I met some of my dearest friends online through the university...Most I have still never met in person but after 3 years we all still talk and email each other. It was the best choice I could have made at the time for myself. If you have any questions or just want to chat about the online forums just shoot me a message, I would be happy to share my experiences with you.

Best of Luck to ya!!!!

ShyBear :D