Official Community Forums Home

Unusual Toys Lying Around The House

• Members

Having just been inspired reading a post by Calvin and being a wise butt, I remembered a discussion I had with my wife today as we were in bed bonding with our new baby. I mentioned I had read a book awhile back I gave a friend regarding sex toys and different ways to use them, one was a suggestion of sitting on a dryer with a butt plug or dildo inside and enjoying the vibrations while waiting on your cloths to dry. Some people toss in sneakers for the extra bang they produce as the tuble around inside. I also told my wife how some people have discovered pleasure by accident while leaning against a dryer that was running. It just takes making contact in the right place. My folks neighbor last night told me once way she got her baby to sleep was to put him in a car seat and stick him on top of a dryer that was running. Sort of reminds me of them banister stories I heard by a comedian once as she says they used to slide down them at grandma's house and get happy on.

So with all that said, maybe you folks have some suggestions on things that we have at home we can use as toys to help us get off or at least help us get turned on. Share them.

Glenn

• Members

LOL Howard!

I know that the ideas you gave were valid...but.....I am trying to imagine some woman getting off using a LAWN MOWER! Somehow, I think that suggesting an item with SHARP BLADES to get off on is a bit....dangerous...to say the least.

Also, I am suggesting that you have not used a hair dryer much. Besides being WAY too hot (or too warm) hairdryers do not vibrate as far as I know!

I also think using a toothbrush for anal stimulation seems.....icky!

Very amusing indeed.....

I do have one suggestion, vacuum cleaners! NOT for MEN - you do not want your pecker swelling up inside there. But, for women. I used to do this as a young girl. You get naked, take the nozzle and place it above your clit. The suction action causes your vaginal lips to bounce back and forth and back and forth inducing wonderful orgasms! Try it!

• Members

I am never opposed to learning, but Howard, this taught me nothing.

Of course I realize that the vibrations come from the HANDLE - but as someone who has mowed the lawn I just have to say - if that is where you are getting your thrills - there are issues there. Also, as we always say, we write posts for all readers - and who knows what immature or young persons might read about getting off by lawnmowers and NOT know what you meant!!!

I do NOT know what kind of hair dryers you have used, but mine do not offer enough vibrations to do ANY good to me or my clitoris! I am a fairly sensitive woman - and if just placing the blowdryer on me would do it - I would know it already! If using a blowdryer is a woman's best friend then once again I beg for other options.

As for the toothbrush and buttplug combo: uh, I do not want to brush my teeth with any part of any thing that has been NEAR my ass - so YUCK to you too!

Finally, as for the vacuum - I did NOT suggest that men try the vacuum thing - please read my post better. I do suggest for women in a very particular manner. Once again, I also say that if a woman is getting her jollies while vacuuming - good for her - but I sure wouldn't suggest it.

I think, for all intensive purposes, using all of the mentioned items is probably a waste of space here. Lawn Mowers, blow dryers, tooth brushes? What ever happened to the safe items like shower massagers or back massagers? What about hair brush handles and your fingers? I think most of the suggestions here were very extreme and probably should be avoided.

Speaking of safety - I would suggest that sex toys are the best "sex toys" - and while fingers, cucumbers, shower massagers and the like will be used in the future by younger persons - I would urge adults to buy toys for the purpose - or resort to their fingers or hands. Using the dryer to provide vibrations is something that has been going on for years and years - but it is safe. You sit on it, nothing inserts and there is little to no risk of injury. So, I am just suggesting to use common sense when thinking "outside the box" on how to get pleasure from household items!

• Members
Mikayla, I guess we are both getting old. I heard of one young lady who got off by turning up the base on her " boom box", and then holding it to her groin. Not exactly my idea of a thrill, either. But that is not what was asked. What was asked was any ideas for other house hold items that could give thrills like the dryer. I tried to supply some ideas. I didn't claim they worked for everyone. I also didn't mention riding lawn mowers, or hedge trimmers, or weed cutters, or a host of other motorized tools commonly found in the garage. I met one woman who volunteered to cut the grass for her husband on the new John Deere riding motor, because she got as good a thrill on it as she did riding behind her husband on his Harley Davidson motorcycle. Different strokes for different folks. I have no personal experience with any of these things, including the dryer.

Just as an experiment, I trying out the bottle warmer someone gave us at the baby shower to see how it does with ..."you guessed it".....since the lubes are not getting much action at the moment. Might as well see if they warm up with this thing and how long. I know people use a heating blanket to warm up toys and lubes

Glenn

The riding lawn mower, I can definitely see. Same goes for Harley motorcycles! ;) But I would think the handle would have to be adjusted, or pushed down to excite someone. Being tall, I would have to do that for any handle contact. And that wouldn't be safe.

I would recommend safe things to be used as sex toys, mainly designed for sexual pleasure. That said, when I was away from home, and had forgotten *gasp* to bring a lil' something to help me ease my nerves, I took the blades off my Venus razor (the Divine one~it vibrates), and used that. Shockingly enough, that one little AAA battery packs a punch! :P

• Members
The riding lawn mower, I can definitely see. Same goes for Harley motorcycles! ;) But I would think the handle would have to be adjusted, or pushed down to excite someone. Being tall, I would have to do that for any handle contact. And that wouldn't be safe.

I would recommend safe things to be used as sex toys, mainly designed for sexual pleasure. That said, when I was away from home, and had forgotten *gasp* to bring a lil' something to help me ease my nerves, I took the blades off my Venus razor (the Divine one~it vibrates), and used that. Shockingly enough, that one little AAA battery packs a punch! :P

So your venus can give you much more then a shave huh???? LOL

I guess that's better than that Frontline Plus commercial (and having fleas LMAO), with the puppy singing "There ain't no bugs on me. There ain't no bugs on me. There might be bugs on some of you mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me!"

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Howard it seems odd that you didn't point out the items from your garage because I'll bet that's where your mower is right? Just thought I'd point this out!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

About 8-10 years ago we picked up 3 small books on homemade sex toys and I think they were released under the title of "Supermarket Sex"(or something similar). There were many household items that were written about in them.

• Members
That old lady sex therapist, I forget her name, Susan?, once suggested using bubblewrap and an old dog food can! :lol:

Anyone want to try it and report back to us?

ahhh what do you do with it and I might think about it

Glenn

• Members
ahhh what do you do with it and I might think about it

Glenn

OLD LADY SEX THERAPIST! DR RUTH!!!

Uhhh, this might repel some of you guys but I happen to know a certain someone who has and still does on occason sink his cock into a vacuum cleaner. I was turned on like crazy when he told me, terrified when I saw it (I have a medical background and once saw a man who sucked the muscle away from his body and turned his cock inside out from doing this! so do beware!) but he does it quickly and the sensation is so strong it brings him to his knees shuddering. WARNING! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! LOL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The "old lady sex therapist" could also be Sue Johansen (or is it Johnson). She has a show on Oxygen or Lifetime or something like that.

I have used the handle of my brush, lotion bottles, a pill container that was about the size and shape of a bullet vibrator. I tried a banana, but it didn't work for me. I have also rubbed against footstools and coffee tables (with a pillow in between). I also used to have this giant stuffed toy that was kinda hard that I would hump.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I guess that's better than that Frontline Plus commercial (and having fleas LMAO), with the puppy singing "There ain't no bugs on me. There ain't no bugs on me. There might be bugs on some of you mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me!"

LOL thats ones great and oh so true

:lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

No one mentioned the shower head? I have to have my massaging shower head!!! I even upgraded to a more powerful one. I also have used the end of of a brush! sooooo good

• Members

I found this article on lovecentria many good ideas here.........

Every household has hundreds of accessories that have sexual value. This month we are going to show you how to use certain items around the house to bring new life to monotonous sex. So instead of renting that hotel room and purchasing sex toys at an inflated price, we are going to show you how easy it is to accessorize your weekend of sex, with items around the house.

Before we even start, it is always important to look at safety when looking at items around the house. Make sure you inspect all items and avoid the ones that may cut or puncture the skin. Also make sure items are cleaned properly before being used. And finally, like any other game, make sure you have consent before you move forward.

The Bedroom

Although the bedroom is where you have had the most sex, there are many items inside this room that you never thought you would use for sex. Here are a few:

Item: Neck Tie - Use it for a blindfold

Use: Blindfold your partner with a tie and surprise them with fruit, oral sex, or an erotic massage.

Item: Pearl Necklace - The perfect addition to a hand job

Use: A pearl necklace can be wrapped around your hand to be used for the ultimate hand job. Apply lube to the pearls and then rub it up and down the outside of the vulva for a female or up and down the shaft for a male.

Item: Closet Pole and Stockings - Adding a little bondage to sex

Use: Grab a pair of stockings and use it to tie your partner’s hands to the pole in the closet. From here you should caress their body with different types of fabric as well as smother their entire body with kisses.

The Kitchen

The kitchen is a great place to look for items for sex because of all the gadgets that are available. Look at using food, utensils, and even sex on different appliances for added variety.

Item: Spatula - Feeling a little naughty? Need a spanking?

Use: Grab your partner and bend her over the edge of a counter holding her wrists down with one hand. Have the spatula in the other hand so you can spank her with it.

Item: Plastic Wrap - Ever think of rimming?

Use: Many people are scared to venture around the anus but with plastic wrap, all your problems are solved. Place the plastic wrap between your partner’s cheeks, lick around the anus, and let your partner enjoy the sensations. If your partner has never experienced rimming then they will be up for a definite surprise.

Item: Kitchen Timer - Are you looking for the ultimate quickie?

Use: Set the time for 3 minutes each and interchange oral sex and hand jobs. The first one to orgasm loses.

Item: Rolling Pin- The perfect addition to a massage

Use: Instead of letting your fingers do all the work, use a rolling pin to help you out. Have your partner lying on the floor and roll the pin up and down her back, shoulders, and legs. Try to concentrate on large muscle groups instead of the small ones.

Other Items

Item: Feather Duster - Tickle her fancy

Use: Use a feather duster up and down your partner’s spine to give them the ultimate tingle. Use this in conjunction with the rolling pin massage for the best results.

Item: Fruits - The best flavored lube

Use: Squeeze the juices of your favorite fruit over their body as you lick. Feel free to rub the fruit against items such as their nipples,against their lips, or even across their genitals.

Item: Vegetables - The ideal dildo

Use: Vegetables such as cucumbers, zucchinis, and carrots are ideal for a dildo. Just make sure that you peel the fruit and that there are no sharp edges that can cut the skin.

Item: Sugar Icing - A sweet seduction

Use: Sprinkle a little bit of icing sugar over your partner’s body and proceed to lick off the sweet succulent sugar.

Item: Syrups/Whipped Cream/Honey - Anyone for desert?

Use: Use syrups, whipped cream, or honey to tantalize your taste buds. Areas that you should concentrate on are the back of the neck, the nipples, the lower back, and of course the genitals.

Item: Removable Shower Head - The ultimate massager

Use: If you don’t have a removable showerhead, it is time to invest in one. It is the perfect item for an aqua massage or even to spray over your partner’s genitals. Many women even use this type of shower head for masturbation.

Remember that there are other items around the house that can be used for sex, so next time you are using a tool in the garage, a type of food in the kitchen, or an item in the washroom, be creative an think of something new it can be used for

• Members

I had suggested a new subject on Homemade Kink. It was right after I posted the Dirty Soap directions.

• Members

introRecycled harness (hot things to do with old bike tube)Have you ever gotten sticker shock when you saw the price tag on that

harness that you saw in the store? Yup, I mean the kind of harnesses that us queer and kinky folk us when we want a little strap on action. Maybe it's time to learn how to make

your own. Btw, there's nothing explicit here, it's what you do with your toys that's a little on the rowdy side.

<script language=javascript type=text/JavaScript> InstructJS.load(['instruct','imagespot'], function () {var spotspot1271520 = new ImageSpot( 'spot1271520', { loadID: 'FTNS8XQF0X27X4B', loadIMG: 'http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FTN/S8XQ/F0X27X4B/FTNS8XQF0X27X4B.MEDIUM.jpg', editimagedata: 'false', imageDataEditorPlace: 'null', showInfo: true, size: 'MEDIUM' } ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271520, {"imageID":"FAVR6DIF0X27X9L","name":"CIMG1117.JPG","imageURL":"http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FAV/R6DI/F0X27X9L/FAVR6DIF0X27X9L.MEDIUM.jpg","showURL":"/file/FAVR6DIF0X27X9L/","description":null,"length":119169,"width":1600,"height":1200} ); InstructJS.cachedRefs.spotspot1271520=spotspot1271520; }); FTNS8XQF0X27X4B.THUMB.jpgF8NFE58F0X27X3X.THUMB.jpgFAVR6DIF0X27X9L.THUMB.jpg step 1Gather your toolsYou will need:

One hammer

One pointy tool (knife or awl)

scissors

snap setter

snap setting anvil

<script language=javascript type=text/JavaScript> InstructJS.load(['instruct','imagespot'], function () {var spotspot1271521 = new ImageSpot( 'spot1271521', { loadID: 'FMXY9VAF0X27X3G', loadIMG: 'http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FMX/Y9VA/F0X27X3G/FMXY9VAF0X27X3G.MEDIUM.jpg', editimagedata: 'false', imageDataEditorPlace: 'null', showInfo: true, size: 'MEDIUM' } ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271521, step 2AnvilThis is the avil, the smooth side is for the round part of the snaps you will be setting. The other side is for setting the snap that interlocks with that snap.

<script language=javascript type=text/JavaScript> InstructJS.load(['instruct','imagespot'], function () {var spotspot1271522 = new ImageSpot( 'spot1271522', { loadID: 'FJN34FQF0X27X3V', loadIMG: 'http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FJN/34FQ/F0X27X3V/FJN34FQF0X27X3V.MEDIUM.jpg', editimagedata: 'false', imageDataEditorPlace: 'null', showInfo: true, size: 'MEDIUM' } ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271522, step 3gather materialsYou need

One two inch side release buckle

Four One inch side release buckles

One steel ring whatever size bust fits the toys you usually use. Mine is a two inch.

At least six pairs of snaps. You are likely to mess some up so have extras.

Nine or ten rivets. (you can use snaps here too, but since you don't need to adjust these points, I used rivets.

One skinny used bike tube

One fat bike tube.

<script language=javascript type=text/JavaScript> InstructJS.load(['instruct','imagespot'], function () {var spotspot1271523 = new ImageSpot( 'spot1271523', { loadID: 'FFK97BBF0X27X90', loadIMG: 'http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FFK/97BB/F0X27X90/FFK97BBF0X27X90.MEDIUM.jpg', editimagedata: 'false', imageDataEditorPlace: 'null', showInfo: true, size: 'MEDIUM' } ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271523, {"imageID":"FFK97BBF0X27X90","name":"CIMG1128.JPG","imageURL":"http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FFK/97BB/F0X27X90/FFK97BBF0X27X90.MEDIUM.jpg","showURL":"/file/FFK97BBF0X27X90/","description":null,"length":91155,"width":1600,"height":1200,"notes":[{"noteID":"NM3XPVQF0X1RV2R","author":"MERPP7XZOQEZ7BEFGK","screenName":"ljacts","text":"Two inch buckle","top":0.21904761904761905,"left":0.05178571428571429,"width":0.10178571428571428,"height":0.15,"addedDate":1177551589623,"modifiedDate":1177551589623},{"noteID":"NGJEYE6F0X1RV2V","author":"MERPP7XZOQEZ7BEFGK","screenName":"ljacts","text":"one inch buckles","top":0.2,"left":0.13392857142857142,"width":0.11071428571428571,"height":0.15476190476190477,"addedDate":1177551626008,"modifiedDate":1177551626008},{"noteID":"N64MFG3F0X1RV2Y","author":"MERPP7XZOQEZ7BEFGK","screenName":"ljacts","text":"opposite side snaps","top":0.7404761904761905,"left":0.7892857142857143,"width":0.048214285714285716,"height":0.09761904761904762,"addedDate":1177551736889,"modifiedDate":1177551828854},{"noteID":"NVWB64QF0X1RV3W","author":"MERPP7XZOQEZ7BEFGK","screenName":"ljacts","text":"Smooth side snaps","top":0.6547619047619048,"left":0.7125,"width":0.06964285714285715,"height":0.08333333333333333,"addedDate":1177551870370,"modifiedDate":1177551870370},{"noteID":"NRMACT1F0X1RV4H","author":"MERPP7XZOQEZ7BEFGK","screenName":"ljacts","text":"rivets","top":0.5,"left":0.13392857142857142,"width":0.12857142857142856,"height":0.11904761904761904,"addedDate":1177552002162,"modifiedDate":1177552002162},{"noteID":"NXCLQ7TF0X1RV4R","author":"MERPP7XZOQEZ7BEFGK","screenName":"ljacts","text":"rivets and one inch buckle","top":0.1880952380952381,"left":0.35535714285714287,"width":0.14285714285714285,"height":0.10952380952380952,"addedDate":1177552063215,"modifiedDate":1177552063215}]} ); InstructJS.cachedRefs.spotspot1271523=spotspot1271523; }); step 4snapsThese are your snaps. The first picture is the smooth side pair which you set using the sooth side of the anvil in step three. The second picture is the opposite pair which you set using the side of the anvil in picture two of step three. I promise I will get to the construction details in a moment.

<script language=javascript type=text/JavaScript> InstructJS.load(['instruct','imagespot'], function () {var spotspot1271524 = new ImageSpot( 'spot1271524', { loadID: 'F6LETTQF0X27X46', loadIMG: 'http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F6L/ETTQ/F0X27X46/F6LETTQF0X27X46.MEDIUM.jpg', editimagedata: 'false', imageDataEditorPlace: 'null', showInfo: true, size: 'MEDIUM' } ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271524, step 5how to set snapsTo set snaps, you will poke a hole through the materials to be joined and inset the snap post through the hole. Lay the top part of the snap on over the post and put the whole thing on the proper side of the anvil as illustrated in 3 and 5. Place the setting tool on top of the post with the nubbin down and centered. Hit the anvil with the hammer as needed until the snap is secure.

step 6Cut and assemble the butt straps.Cut two twenty one inch strips of thin tube. Set one pair of snaps into the end of the two straps as illustrated. Slide buckles on opposite end.

step 7Waist strapsConstruct waist strap. Cut two twenty three inch lengths of thick tube. Set two pairs of snaps into the end of each as illustrated. Attach the receiving two inch buckle to the end of one strip by pressing the rivets together with pliers or using snaps if you want. Loop the corresponding buckle onto the other strap. We'll make the butt strap attachment points in the next step.

<script language=javascript type=text/JavaScript> InstructJS.load(['instruct','imagespot'], function () {var spotspot1271533 = new ImageSpot( 'spot1271533', { loadID: 'FZPBDOIF0X27XAI', loadIMG: 'http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FZP/BDOI/F0X27XAI/FZPBDOIF0X27XAI.MEDIUM.jpg', editimagedata: 'false', imageDataEditorPlace: 'null', showInfo: true, size: 'MEDIUM' } ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271533, {"imageID":"FZPBDOIF0X27XAI","name":"CIMG1146.JPG","imageURL":"http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FZP/BDOI/F0X27XAI/FZPBDOIF0X27XAI.MEDIUM.jpg","showURL":"/file/FZPBDOIF0X27XAI/","description":null,"length":126623,"width":1600,"height":1200} ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271533, {"imageID":"F99Z1Q6F0X27XAE","name":"CIMG1145.JPG","imageURL":"http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F99/Z1Q6/F0X27XAE/F99Z1Q6F0X27XAE.MEDIUM.jpg","showURL":"/file/F99Z1Q6F0X27XAE/","description":null,"length":127237,"width":1600,"height":1200} ); InstructJS.cachedRefs.spotspot1271533=spotspot1271533; }); FZPBDOIF0X27XAI.THUMB.jpgF99Z1Q6F0X27XAE.THUMB.jpg step 8Butt strap attatchment pointsCut two eleven inch strips of thin tube and rivet or snap as shown.

<script language=javascript type=text/JavaScript> InstructJS.load(['instruct','imagespot'], function () {var spotspot1271534 = new ImageSpot( 'spot1271534', { loadID: 'F32RU03F0X27X9T', loadIMG: 'http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F32/RU03/F0X27X9T/F32RU03F0X27X9T.MEDIUM.jpg', editimagedata: 'false', imageDataEditorPlace: 'null', showInfo: true, size: 'MEDIUM' } ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271534, {"imageID":"F32RU03F0X27X9T","name":"CIMG1120.JPG","imageURL":"http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F32/RU03/F0X27X9T/F32RU03F0X27X9T.MEDIUM.jpg","showURL":"/file/F32RU03F0X27X9T/","description":null,"length":97778,"width":1600,"height":1200} ); new ImageInfo( spotspot1271534, {"imageID":"F8SHW9OF0X27X7O","name":"CIMG1119.JPG","imageURL":"http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F8S/HW9O/F0X27X7O/F8SHW9OF0X27X7O.MEDIUM.jpg","showURL":"/file/F8SHW9OF0X27X7O/","description":null,"length":90048,"width":1600,"height":1200} ); InstructJS.cachedRefs.spotspot1271534=spotspot1271534; }); F32RU03F0X27X9T.THUMB.jpgF8SHW9OF0X27X7O.THUMB.jpg step 9Assemble the whole thing!!!!!!!Heres a picture of how it all comes together. Wear your new harness for great play, and be sure to have safe sex. The tails can be trimmed once you've fitted it, or you can leave them long so that they will fit a range of body types.

• Members

This is a little away from what people have been talking about, but I've found that the tie on a bathrobe can be very fun. It can make an excellent blindfold. Also, if your partner is a little sensitive, it's much better for a little bondage that handcuffs, sex tape, etc. which can become painful after long periods. The usually soft and often even padded. The wide flat shape makes for knots that tend to come undone easily and don't pinch.

I also agree with a previous post from the "old doctor lady" (exact words?). Anytime you get a package with some bubble wrap hold onto it. I makes for killer hand jobs with enough lubrication.

• Members

Well this is really educational and amusing. :D

I actually used my game controllers a few times. These days, a lot of controllers rumble when you fight to enhance your gaming experience, but they probably didn't mean the way I was thinking. I had a game where after you detroyed a building, you watched it crumble for about three minutes, and all that time the controller would shake like crazy, so you could just put it between your legs and enjoy.