Official Community Forums Home

Frustrated With Toy

• Members

I just bought my first toy (a Doc Johnson GoVibe) and I can't get it to open to get the battery in. The package says it "Snaps open and closed" but it's not working for me when I try to pull it apart or twist it.

Is there something I'm missing? Am I misreading the "snap" direction? I'd rather not go around asking people if they could get it open for me, lol.

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe (though I could be wrong) that it twists apart in the middle for battery insertion? Try unscrewing the "middle" of the vibe to open it. I believe its similar to the Rock It, so try that. Hopefully, that works.

I know this wasn't part of your original question, but I'm sure many people are unsure of some vibe inner-workings, so.... with some vibes, keep in mind, that when you actually figure out how to open them (some of them can be quite tricky to even get open!), there may be a clear piece of plastic over one of the contacts of the battery compartment. Be sure that you really check inside to see of there is any, and gently removing it, if it's present.

Please DON'T feel stupid! Some of the adult toys out there can be a biatch to open, and then some don't even have battery directions labelled, so it's a guessing game. The only way you know you got it is by the rewarding BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Plus, most don't even COME with directions for any of that, so it's a "go figure it out for yourself" kinda thing. There have been a few that have baffled the best of us, so, don't worry!

Good luck, and let us know how you got it open.

• Members

Yep. I'm right there with Tyger. If the vibe unit ("the core") is the same as in most Doc Johnson toys, the unit indeed should twist at two points: The control plate on the tip, and the battery case in the middle.

Btw, I must say that the Doc Johnson control disk is not the best possible when you have lube on your fingers.

• Members

Okay, you'll feel a seam going around the middle of the vibe. This is where it opens, it is also where the vibe turns on and off. To open it, it isn't a twist. You have to hold it above the seam and below the seam and then bend it away from itself (almost as if you were going to break the sucker in half). We have this vibe and I just pulled it out to look at it. Good luck and have fun.

Thurisas.

• Members

Thurisas- you're a genuis! It is now open--woohoo!

Ok, but now my hands get numb after a short time of use. Can anyone give some tips on how to avoid this? (Right now I'm using Kleenex as a buffer)

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • Members
If I'm remembering correctly, I believe (though I could be wrong) that it twists apart in the middle for battery insertion? Try unscrewing the "middle" of the vibe to open it. I believe its similar to the Rock It, so try that. Hopefully, that works.

I know this wasn't part of your original question, but I'm sure many people are unsure of some vibe inner-workings, so.... with some vibes, keep in mind, that when you actually figure out how to open them (some of them can be quite tricky to even get open!), there may be a clear piece of plastic over one of the contacts of the battery compartment. Be sure that you really check inside to see of there is any, and gently removing it, if it's present.

Please DON'T feel stupid! Some of the adult toys out there can be a biatch to open, and then some don't even have battery directions labelled, so it's a guessing game. The only way you know you got it is by the rewarding BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Plus, most don't even COME with directions for any of that, so it's a "go figure it out for yourself" kinda thing. There have been a few that have baffled the best of us, so, don't worry!

Good luck, and let us know how you got it open.

The day I got home with my B2K rabbitt vibe it took me 10 minutes to get the see thru cover off. Another 5 minutes to get all 4 batteries in right and the lid back on. It came in a very fancy box but had NO DIRECTIONS period! It still works great. I am carefull when I clean it to keep water OUT of BATTERY COMPARTMENT.