Official Community Forums Home

My Update

whittibo

• Members

When I first found TooTimid, we had our house for sale and might have just sold it. We closed escrow on April 26th and moved out April 30th into a 29' motor home with 3 kids, 3 guinea pigs and 4 cats!

We left for a 16 day vacation from CA to Eastern TN on May 14th, we arrived in TN on May 30th and have been look at the areas around here since none of us have actually BEEN here. The good news is, we signed papers to buy a house yesterday.

It's a BEAUTIFUL house. Two story, and the best part is, all the kids are on the second story with their own bathroom, and the master suite is on the ground floor behind the footprint of the main house, so we have NOBODY above or below or next to us! And the master bathroom is to die for. I wanted a shower big enough for us to both fit it, and this house has it. It also has a bench in there! YEAH.... sex in the shower, FINALLY!

So we wait now till the 25th when we close and can move in. I am so excited. :)

You can see pictures of the house and our travels at www.TheWhittingtonFamily.com click on the June 11th link and then there's pictures to the house. :)

Congratulations on finally closing on the house, and finding another one! Tennessee is a very pretty state! Best wishes!

• Members

sorry to hear you're leavin cali, but very cute house! great light and the back porch looks like a real sippin ice tea treasure!

j

• Members

Thanks guys. I am excited, we close in 11 days. :)

As for leaving CA, it's OK. It's too expensive there, we had a VERY modest manufactured home that we 'built' 16 years ago, we remodeled and upgraded the whole thing, we paid $90k originally, and sold for $422k. We had a lot of debt though, because living in CA on one LOW income with a family of 5, doesn't cut it. So we are able to pay cash for this house, which is FAR nicer then the house we had. So it's worth leaving CA to have financial freedom! :)