Official Community Forums Home

Come Check Out Our Newbury Street Store!

Rob

• Members

Oh man, when are you going to open one closer to me :( But if I ever get around that area I will stop by.

• Members

The store looks GREAT!!! Very "upscale" and I hear the Newberry Street is a prime place to have a shop! SOOOOOO glad it is open and ready to go!

Now....how about that Chicago location? I know a person with excellent people skills and a background in management who would love to manage it....... :lol:

Looks great!!

If you ever want to open something up down here in Texas, in the Houston or Huntsville area, lemme know!! I am a retail goddess, with 16 yrs experience, including management!! That would be a dream!!!!

Anyway, great looking shop! I wish I could get there!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
The store looks GREAT!!! Very "upscale" and I hear the Newberry Street is a prime place to have a shop! SOOOOOO glad it is open and ready to go!

Now....how about that Chicago location? I know a person with excellent people skills and a background in management who would love to manage it....... :lol:

Hey Mikayla,

I know I'm not on here too often, but seeing the city of Chicago mentioned by you got my attention. It will likely be one of the next two cities that we go to. We need a few months to get a grip on this "brick and mortar" store thing as it's very different from the Internet world we've been living in for the past 7 years, but we'll get it figured out and expand soon. If all goes as I hope, Chicago will be our next stop. Thanks again for all the advice, articles, reviews, podcasts, etc. that you provide to the people that visit TooTimid. I'm often asked who you are because people love reading what you put out.

I hope all is well,

Chad

• Members

Chad:

Glad to see you on forum! I am confident that your "brick and mortar" store will be a HUGE success! I am also confident that if you build one in Chicago it will also be successful, as Chicago has a lot of "sex stores" but nothing quite like TooTimid. The nice displays, the samples, the "couple oriented" format, the tasteful way things are presented - it is much different than anything I have seen! As the cliche goes: if you build it, they will come (and shop!)

Thanks for the compliments on my work - I am pleased to be a small part of "the team." If anyone asks about me, tell them I am a normal Chicago gal who just happens to like to talk A LOT about sex!!! :D

Come back and visit the forum soon!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I finally got a chance to go visit the store and meet Chad. AWESOME job guys!!

Normally when you think of an adult toy store, you think of some shady hole in the wall with blacked out windows. Too Timid's store is just the opposite. In one of the best shopping areas of Boston, this place is well lit with big windows that tastefully displays the best in adult novelties. The whole atmosphere screams high class, but in an unintimidating way.

I must say, the thing I like the most about the store is that only one of each toy is displayed on a shelf on the wall, not toys upon toys falling off racks that look tacky. The decor is beautiful and simple... especially the Esse in the back - I still think that looks like the most comfortable couch I've ever seen. :)

The Too Timid store really shows what the company is all about... making couples feel comfortable in their sexuality. I hope everyone gets a chance to stop by the store and see what a real toy store should look like!

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy