Official Community Forums Home

Hello, Hello Again, Shhboom, Shhboom

bazil323

• Members

Hello everyone,

I've actually been a member for a couple months now, but I never got around to introducing myself. I'm from Wisconsin. I love cooking, reading, writing, and dabbling in watercolors. I have a Australian Cattle dog mix, a mix breed cat, a betta, and a snail. I've been married for a little over a year.

I love comedies, but I do enjoy a good action flick. For books, I like medical or legal thrillers, fantasy, and sometimes sci-fi. My favorite authors include David Eddings, Simon Green, Jacqueline Carey, Sara Douglass, Robin Cook, and Michael Palmer.

Umm, my favorite drink is a nightcap, yes it really is a drink. Hot milk, brandy, honey, and cinammon. Yummm. My favorite dog breed is Beagle, but runners up are Bloodhounds, English bulldogs, and Great Danes. My favorite breed of horse is the Shire 'cause it's the biggest. I also like the Friesian.

I love traditional Celtic music with lots of fiddle and drums. I also like rock, pop, oldies, etc. My mp3 player has an odd mix of music. From Pachelbel's Canon in D Minor to Adam Ant's Kick to Dresden Dolls to Old Blind Dogs to Josh Turner.

Okay, done babbling now.

Thanks for the intro. For me, this is my favorite section of the board where I get to know a little more about the members of our board. Thanks for sharing!

Rob

• Members

Hey Bazil! Thanks for introducing yourself ;) I have to totally agree with Rob. It's nice to get a taste of everyone's personalities here!

I have a pretty eclectic taste in music too ;) Have you ever heard of Flogging Molly? Its not celtic, but influenced by it for sure. I love the Chieftains too, which although its bluegrass, their upbringing in Ireland has made an interesting twist.

• Members

Well that's a great intro. I have a wonderful son and man in my life, a mixed breed lab/hound that I rescued and two cats. I have fish, and love to knit and spin wool.

I read when I can, and tend to be optimistic. I was a customer service and sales manager at my last job for 15 years, and now I'm able to work from home.

It's nice to meet you!

Hey there! Australian Cattle Dog, aka Blue/red heelers!!! Which color do you have? I have 2 blue heelers, and they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too smart for their own good!!! :rolleyes: Or is it my own good?

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I remembered seeing your Avatar, and thought it was interesting. Looking forward to seeing your future posts!

• Members

Nice to meet ya, and have fun

• Members

Thanks everybody! Ginger: Yes I have, my favorite is Another bag of bricks.

And Tyger: He's a blue. Even though he's mixed (either with just lab or lab and border collie), he looks like a pure bred Aussie! And yes, so smart! He learned to fetch on his own. We'd throw his toys for him, which he'd run after, he loved it when we threw his Kong down the hallway. After about 10 minutes, he started bringing it back, and has been doing it ever since! He's a little over a year old now.