Official Community Forums Home

The Weather

Tyger

OK, I know most of y'all live where there's been nothing but snow and ice, so I'm not expecting sympathy here. LOL

BUT, I really wish the weather down here in TX would make up it's damn mind what it's gonna do! Last week, I was working outside with jeans and a t-shirt or tank top. Today, it was like 27 degrees (F) when we got up. F'n BRRRR!!!! High got up to 46, which isn't too bad, but still!! Luckily, being born and raised in Maine, I can tolerate the cold, I don't LIKE it, but I can tolerate it better than most down here.

But the crazy weather is wreeking havoc on my allergies, and getting everyone sick.

OK, I think I'm done now.....

OK, how sweet, but now I'm cold AND lonely!! LOL Dh is on the rig this week! :unsure:

Yeah, I know that everyone else is getting snow. It's just hell on my allergies and getting my family sick. DH just went back to the rig, after several nights of loving!! LOL He told me he had to go to work to get some sleep!! ;)

And, thankfully, there's only been frost on the ground, no snow.....so far (knock on wood).

Hee hee, funny you mention them, I just got some new flannel pjs (red) this last week. I just wanted some nice pjs.

• Members

Hell, 30 is balmy here right now.

It is supposed to hit 34 tomorrow, and its gonna snow friday, saterday and sunday, with a 30 percent chance of snow monday thru thursday.

we had a high if 25 today and tonight it is supposed to get to -14.

The typical weather out here is a high of 20 - 30 and lows of 0 to -20

I feel for ya girl, I really do.

• Members

Here in SC, it's sorta warm...I hate it!! I'm ready to get back to the ATL. Where I live, it's warm enough for me to wear my PINK sweats (I have almost ALL pairs of PINK "Victoria Secret" sweat pants).

• Members

Is hubby on a camp job Tyger? I've had many diggers ask me to go to Texas on this type of job but never would have thunk that Texans would have to do this. I also think that those of us who live in colder climates would know that this is really hard to cope with. We do feel for you. The extreme changes in temp. are a major factor in peoples overall health. Hope hubby gets home quickly (in your new Firebird) to keep you warm but only after he catches up on his sleep! LOL!!!

LOL Pappy!!

Yes, he is on 1 week on, 1 week off. They have some great living quarters. And, his rig's location is over 2 hrs away.

Today, it got up to 64 degrees (F) with a cool northerly wind. :rolleyes:

• Members
LOL Pappy!!

Yes, he is on 1 week on, 1 week off. They have some great living quarters. And, his rig's location is over 2 hrs away.

Today, it got up to 64 degrees (F) with a cool northerly wind. :rolleyes:

wensday and thursday we had a high of 40 and low of 20 something, "greetings from the sunshine state"( to quote the late Gorden solie of pro wrestling fame)

Glenn

• Members
wensday and thursday we had a high of 40 and low of 20 something, "greetings from the sunshine state"( to quote the late Gorden solie of pro wrestling fame)

Glenn

There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

• Members
There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

LOL yea I grew up listionng to Gorden, he could sale and get it over and we bought it all hook, line and sinker.

I don't know how many mat fans we have around here, but then well hold on I have a thought

Glenn