Official Community Forums Home

Addiction To Toys

• Members

So i've had my first toy for about two weeks now and i think i'm getting addicted. the first week it was just once every couple days but now its just like twice everyday. Plus my boyfriend and I just bought a whole bunch more of toys and I wonder if being addicted to toys this much is normal?

Unless you're replacing real sex, with the toys, then I wouldn't worry about it. You've found something that makes you feel great, so it's natural to want to do it more than normal.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yes you can get addicted! Soon if finances allow your toy box will fill up! lol Enjoy them, they are a great addition to your sex life with your partner and for those alone times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I am relieved to read that addiction to toys is not a problem. Now that I am alone, I find that I want to use my bunny 1-2 times/day. Maybe for solace? ;) It does feel good and it can never replace sex with a real person, but in can enhance my day and relax me.

• Members

I think it is completely normal to feel preoccupied with using your new toys. Especially where is a new thing for you. I remember when I was around 18. I experienced my first orgsasm via masturbation (thanks to a friend prompting me to do so!) After that I was completely obsessed. I would do it in the bathroom at work, in my car, sometimes 3X a night etc... I just wanted to feel it again you know. Eventually it tapered off. I think as long as it isn't interrupting your normal everyday life and you are not too distracted. Then you will be fine! Enjoy this newfound experience it only gets better!

• Members

i agree with tyger...as long as your not replacing your boyfriend with them, your good to go.

also, enjoy the fact that your boyfriend is willing to participate and use the toys with you as well :D

• Members

Definitely enjoy the fact that your boyfriend is willing to use toys! Some guys are extremely intimidated by the idea, I've known some to completely reject them based on the idea that "well, if you need a toy too, I must not be good enough, so if I'm good enough for you, we're NOT adding toys to sex!" Silly boys, toys are fun for everyone!

• Members
So i've had my first toy for about two weeks now and i think i'm getting addicted. the first week it was just once every couple days but now its just like twice everyday. Plus my boyfriend and I just bought a whole bunch more of toys and I wonder if being addicted to toys this much is normal?

I was a little embarrassed at first when I first used a dildo.I don't replace toys from the real thing.If you like it have fun,by yourself or with your mate.When I'm with my husband I want his penis,but do love to have a very small butt plug while we are having sex,espically when giving oral.Oral

• 6 months later...
  • Members
I think it is completely normal to feel preoccupied with using your new toys. Especially where is a new thing for you. I remember when I was around 18. I experienced my first orgsasm via masturbation (thanks to a friend prompting me to do so!) After that I was completely obsessed. I would do it in the bathroom at work, in my car, sometimes 3X a night etc... I just wanted to feel it again you know. Eventually it tapered off. I think as long as it isn't interrupting your normal everyday life and you are not too distracted. Then you will be fine! Enjoy this newfound experience it only gets better!
What she said. Besides considering all the other addictions you could have this is by far the best. Good sex-great sex-AMAZING SEX is soooooo possible using toys alone or with your lover.