Official Community Forums Home

Gotta Vent For A Minute

triedntru

• Members

I know this sounds silly, but i'm quite irritated. :angry: You see, I am graduating from nursing school in May and my lil sis was supposed to graduate in August. Well, she has found out that she is not going to be able to grad. in august and it will be december. So I was asked not to make a big deal out of my graduation :huh: !!! Now, a little history. I NEVER finish anything I have started except my marriage and my children. I didn't even finish high school. So this is a BIG DEAL for me!!! I think it's royally messed up that I am being asked to keep my excitement to a minimum!

Ok, thank you for letting me get that off my chest. I'm feel better now! :)

Darlin', it takes a big person to admit their faults. And, your family is probably well aware of them too. That said, you SHOULD be proud that you are graduating, and it's NOT your fault that your sister failed something so her graduation will be later (I'm assuming that's why her graduation is getting pushed up further). I'm sure when she graduates a big deal will be made. So, you're an adult, and I would tell whomever it was that asked you that that you WILL do what you want, and if that includes a big ole BBQ party or whatever it is you want to do, then, if they don't feel comfortable going, they'll be excused. It's YOUR day to be proud, and for them to ask that of you is insensitve to YOUR feelings!! *raises a big ole bottle of Coors to you*!!!

• Members

Congratulations on graduating! As a nurse, I know you have done a LOT of work to earn this degree. You have every right to celebrate your accomplishments. I think it would be important that you each have your own day to be in the spotlight.

Party however you want. You are an adult, and you have the right make a big deal of this. Your sister can celebrate when her diploma is in her hand.

• Members

Thank you all very much! It feels better knowing that I'm not just being petty :P My husband said he's intentionally gonna call my dad and step-mom and invite them to our BIG PARTY and they can come if they want!!! :D

Iha, loved the comment, thanks for the smile :lol:

• Members

Good for your hubby -- I hope he really does it!!!

As someone who worked in Nursing Education for many years, I KNOW how much effort Nursing Students put into getting through that program and I, for one, am VERY proud of you!! Whoop it up, celebrate your pants off (maybe even literally ;) ) and enjoy YOUR day. Hopefully she'll be big enough to be happy for you and help celebrate with you. When/If it's her turn to graduate, you bet she'll be doing the celebrating for herself then.

Congratulations on your HUGE success!!!

• Review Team

So she's graduating a bit later than expected, so what? She's still graduating, right? She'll have her day, but this one's yours, baby! Your hubby has the right idea :D Go for it and congratulations!

• Members

You know this is all I can say: Screw them!!!!!! I know nursing school is a very difficult thing to get thru so you go ahead and have your celebration, let us know when it is so that we can celebrate with you in spirit! Way to go girl. By the way great think your husband is so supportive.

• Members

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!! Nursing school is not easy, I know I worked as a Neonatal Icu nurse for many years until I was unable to anymore due to health issues. This is a HUGE deal and you have the right to brag and be extremely excited. I admire you for admitting your errors along the way but this is AWESOME, although I don't know you very well I want to send you a huge congratulations on your part.

Whomever it was that told you to keep your excitement to a min. well I sure wouldnt hell, it isnt your fault that your sister isnt going to graduate for another year. ENJOY your HUGE ACHIEVEMENT, Celebrate and be proud of what you have accomplished. It is your day so make the best of it!!!!!

Congratulations again!!! :D

• Members

That IMHO is like asking a lady not to make a big deal of their wedding because one of their siblings is feeling bad. There is no good reason for you to give up your accomplishment for such a petty reason. Sis will have hers later but you have EARNED yours now! Congratulations to you. Great hubby you have also to see the problem and offer a solution such as this!

• Members

Who is the world told you that???

You have any kind of celebration that you want, just as big as you want.

You have acompilshed a huge thing, earning a degree. You have a marriage and kids, too! Not everybody can manage all at once.

Good for you!

YOU GO GIRL!!

• Members
I NEVER finish anything I have started except my marriage and my children. I didn't even finish high school. :)

I think it's important for you to see that the first two words no longer apply to you. I NEVER only tells me that you just haven't tried it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the 3rd notch in your belt by your admission. Please stop using that term. You are on the way up by choice!

• Members

Just want to say that I completely agree with all the others, PARTY YOUR ASS OFF!! As a soon to be nursing student ( which is why I have not been here in forever) I know all the blood, sweat, and tears that you have put in to earn your degree, So good on you..You deserve a party, and a vacation after all that hard work. CONGRATS BABY!!

1st off- CONGRATS!!!

2ndly- Pfffff that makes me mad because it reminds me of my own family and that there are other families like that out there.... :angry:

DO YOUR OWN THANG GURL! You are worth it and screw them if they don't like it! :D

Seriously, like everyone else said: It's your day...do what you want and just be proud of what you have accomplished. Your bratty sister will have her own day and major kudos to your husband! He reminds me of my brother-in-law!! :D