Official Community Forums Home

Grouse

nosleepnmesa

• Members

Well I firgued some of you would prolly get a good laugh at this although it was nasty. I went to take a bath and I hear my dog barking, so I call her and here she comes running and jumps straight into my tub. :( Well then went my nice relaxing bath. Sometimes I tell ya I wonder why I own a dog. LOL

Just thought I would share and for all of you who have dogs, WARNING: If your in the tub, dont call them. LOL you never know what they might do.

• Members

My gf & I found 3 kittens in the bed of an old Jeep pickup that I had. There was a toadfloater that had just finished and they were in neck deep water screaming for their mama. We found them and bottle raised them since she rejected them after that. They were so attached that after they were able to get around that they would sit on the edge of the bathtub while mama and I were taking a bath and would try to get in with us. If we were sitting on the toilet they would come in and jump in our laps but I had to start shutting the door when I only had to pee. One of them tried to climb my pantleg while I was peeing. That could have been a terrible OUCHIE!

• Members

hahaha, I will definitely keep that in mind the next time I take a bath. Although I doubt our dog will jump in my husband has to pick her up and put her in the tub! When we give our son a bath she won't come in there at all, probably afraid we're putting her in the tub of water!

• Members

HAHA, too funny. Makes me glad I own a 4 lb. chihuahua that can't jump ;)

Both my cats have fallen in the tub though, but thankfully they always do it BEFORE I get in it, so I can just drain it (all the cat hair included) and start over. I don't think either of us would be happy if they fell in WITH me, I'd probably get all scratched up as they scrambled to get out.

• Members

ROFLMFAO

Sory kat, couldnt help myself.

So, is this the method you normally use for bathing dogs?

If it is, I seriously doubt that my 3 will fit in the tub by themselves, let alone with you in it.

Just think of it this way, at least you know that it will be easy to give your dog a bath if it ever needs to be done in the furture.

sorry, couldnt resist hon.

• Review Team

My kitties are very territorial about "their" tub. They like to play in it when it's empty, so they just seem to assume it always empty. So when I do take a bath, they hang out on the side and harrass me and give me horrible looks. It's like they're thinking to themselves, "What the hell is this? Get your butt and all this wet crap out of our tub!" The funny thing is, they'll jump in before all the water is drained so their paws get wet and they don't seem to care. My smaller one will actually roll in the water and then wash herself with her tongue. Very odd kitties, they are :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've had dogs, cats, birds, a horse, goats, ducks, geese one of which loved everyone byt my father and would do his damdest to peck him, so I've had it all. I had a cat who fell into the toilet wen he was tiny. It was one of those, he's got a home, don't get attached kids, wrong thing to say to ten elven and twelve year olds. He ended up dehydrated, and about four hundred later her free, cat lol. But I started this because he would lean over the side of the tub, he did it with me and drink the water. Yes even if it was hot, don't think he ever did it with bubbles. I also raised a mutt puppy who figured out that humans get their water from that litte button on the fridge, and he did it too. And he climbed into the dishwasher. He ended up with a child who has down syndrome.