Official Community Forums Home

Dating For Beginners

crazy1

• Members

I have not dated in some time and I just wondered where do people go to meet someone? Where did you meet your current SO?

If you know me and know anything from my posts, it should be no surprise that I met my wife at church.

Just curious to here where people find that someone they want to be with.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I met my current husband at a bar, of all places!! :D:rolleyes: I always swore that you couldn't find a lasting relationship at a bar!! :lol:

Now, I met one guy at a rollerskating rink that I frequented, and he was lots of fun.

Another guy I dated, I saw at the auto parts store (he worked there) and told him if he was single, to call me, and handed him my business card. He walked me out to my car with my car parts, and called me that night.

I met 3 dates at work.

• Members

Well i have met the guys i dated at school and through friends at parties etc....and a few just by chance like while walking my dog.....but i met my husband at of all places a racetrack.(harness horse racing) my parents owned horses that raced so i was no stranger to being "at the track" He actually started talking to my aunt and my mother and then they kept wanting me to meet him.......and one night there i did and that night he called me and we were on the phone for hours.....and he IS NOT a phone person.....and from that day on we have been together........17yrs all together 12 of those married.......its funny how when and where you meet people.......like they say everything happens for a reason

• Members

I met my fiancee at a pool party. I went with a friend that knew him. We met and we both stayed in the pool til dark. I got the worst sunburn of my life! :) Before that, I met a guy I met at the library where I work, and before that school mostly. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Funny you mentioned, I met a girl I really like at my church too, and I'm an atheist! Still I'd like to attend churches for such a reason... not really wrong I think.

Anyway, I don't really go anywhere to meet people, I go where I go and there's people of the opposite sex pretty much everywhere, so I don't know what the hassle's about.

It's just, some areas are more comfortable to approach people because you know they're more likely to be there to get asked or asked people out, like bars or singles clubs. Basically anywhere else, assume they're there for that, and why not relate to them about that and make friends before trying to date them? Oy...