Official Community Forums Home

Batteries Suck

• Members

The life out of toys :lol:

Last night I reached for my second favorite bullet. At top power, just a slight vibration :huh:, husband pulled out the one that we always rely on to get me there and... a half hearted buzzing. :angry:

Guess who was out of batteries?? Me and my toys. All of them.

Lesson learned, REMOVE batteries Aiden, before you drift off into that orgasm induced sleep.

So after toy clean up, batteries come OUT.

• Members

Great advice, Aiden!

For me, there is nothing like it when my husband puts new batteries in my favorite toy - you never realize how low the batteries get until you replace them!! ;):P

• Members

So true! Thanks for the reminder!

On a side note, since joining this forum I now get batteries from Costco to keep up! ;)

• Members
Great advice, Aiden!

For me, there is nothing like it when my husband puts new batteries in my favorite toy - you never realize how low the batteries get until you replace them!! ;):P

So true Hollywood! You just have to love a man that thinks ahead ;)

• Members

i bought rechargeable batteries, just for my toys (well actually, i hijacked the AAs meant for the camera but who cares) and i'm so very glad i did--when i remember to charge them up :)

• Members

*laugh* Poor Aiden. That's why I'm so glad Thurisas takes the initiative to clean our toys while he's cleaning himself up after sex. That "orgasm induced sleep" gets me everytime. :lol:

Also, get a recharger -- it costs a little bit in the beginning, but it's soooooo worth it. Have a few sets of batteries, so whenever you take one out for playtime, you simply pop another set in to charge. Ahhhh, it's gooood. ;)

• Members

It wouldn't have been so bad, but I'm all out of batteries, so I couldn't even replace them :angry: . I need to go and buy a brick of them.

• Members

Suggestion for the frugal at heart. Your typical one time use cameras that can be so popular during the summer time that have the flash are used 27 times throughout the life of the camera to set off said flash. This leaves TONS of life left in the battery. Many of these cameras use AA batteries that are simply hidden by the wrap of the camera. Remove the wrap and the battery is right there at the bottom and are easy to remove. Go to your local photo finishing place and ask them to save some batteries aside for you. When I worked for Rite Aid, I used to give away the batteries and recycle the rest of the camera with Kodak.

Randy.

• Members

I now buy batteries in bulk ;_;

• Members
I now buy batteries in bulk ;_;

We do too, but let the stock run low. But all is well we have a recharger.

• Members
I need to go and buy a brick of them.

Hence the Costco comment ;)

Suggestion for the frugal at heart. Your typical one time use cameras that can be so popular during the summer time that have the flash are used 27 times throughout the life of the camera to set off said flash. This leaves TONS of life left in the battery. Many of these cameras use AA batteries that are simply hidden by the wrap of the camera. Remove the wrap and the battery is right there at the bottom and are easy to remove. Go to your local photo finishing place and ask them to save some batteries aside for you. When I worked for Rite Aid, I used to give away the batteries and recycle the rest of the camera with Kodak.

Randy.

Randy - I used to work at a photo lab too. I miss the days of free batteries! And shooting off random flashes at coworkers ;)

• Members

*Laugh* Poor Aiden. Sorry to hear, I will admit I have done that one before. It is just a lessoned learned is all, I hate when that happens though, but at least it didn't die while being used and you were almost ready to hit the O.

• Members

All I can say is thank (deity of choice) for rechargeables! :lol:

• Members
...but at least it didn't die while being used and you were almost ready to hit the O.

Like what happened to me last night? :blink: *roflrofl* Apparently someone (ahem ahem) didn't remove the batteries from our previous toy for recharging and they got packed away with the toy. Last night I grabbed what I thought were charged batteries, only to have them fade at a very crucial moment! Good thing my fingers still know their job... ;):lol: So apparently, "bad" things still happen even if you use rechargables. *laugh*

• Members
Like what happened to me last night? :blink: *roflrofl* Apparently someone (ahem ahem) didn't remove the batteries from our previous toy for recharging and they got packed away with the toy. Last night I grabbed what I thought were charged batteries, only to have them fade at a very crucial moment! Good thing my fingers still know their job... ;):lol: So apparently, "bad" things still happen even if you use rechargables. *laugh*

well then that someone must be punished!! :P

• Members

I think there is a TTBAO(Too Timid Battery Abuse Officer)here to with a TTYP(Too Timid Toy Police) so whoever left the batteries in there make sure you report them to TT. LMAO

• Members

Me too, 20 pack at Walmart.. should last about oh.. two days lol. Just kidding, but how funny is that?? We hit Walmart tonight.

• Members

our walmart here is horrible!! to many ppl, and to much stuff just jumbled in there. and last time i went to walmart, someone tried to steal my purse right out of my cart!! :o

• Members

Yea, our walmart is gross......I won't even go there any more.....Targets of Costco are the ones for me

Guest Edge

Aside from saving battery life, another good reason to remove the batteries is so your vibe(s) don't turn on by themselves precisely when your housekeeper is dusting the bedroom and wonders what that strange buzzing noise is.......