Official Community Forums Home

I Must Have A Disease Or Something...

• Members

Hey well let's see I am so confused and kinda upset about something.

ok well I better elaborate.

So there's this guy I go back to earlier school years with, [a few years older than moi] anyway. He and I had an opportunity to get together at one point in the years, but I decided not to for really stupid reasons, but hey I was really young and immature. Anyway, so fast forward to now, we had been talking for a few months, and he lives far away so I don't always get to see him because he works and whatnot. So we had been discussing getting together finally when he came home. I was really excited because it's like finally, I get the opportunity to see this amazing person. He's a gentleman, always kind, returns phone calls [lol] and just an honest person. I mean I am not even looking to date, but still, whatever happens happens. So we went out finally the other night and got to see each other for the first time in...forever?!? He still looked gorgeous as ever, and sweet. We had a lot of fun, and there was definitely a chemistry, or so I thought. I mean I was really nervous and shy because I don't have a lot of experience with dates or guys, because I am so like nervous. We had a few kisses and it was really nice. But I held back being cautious. anyways, all in all it was a good time. I know he was leaving this weekend, so I decided to call and ask to hang out with him again, cause lord knows when I will see him next. No response, so I figured hey prolly busy with friends it's cool. so yesterday I left a message, and he always calls me back. No response. I tried once more, (third time) and still nothing. Which is clearly not like him. I guess my question is, what did I do? I hope I did not scare him away. I just think he might not be interested now because he hasn't spoken to me in three days since the night and it's not like him to just not call or at least msg me.

Sorry to bitch, I just am not sure what to do. I abs do not wanna keep calling. that is no good.

• Members

You aren't diseased! And you didn't do anything. Maybe he's just not ready for anything more or maybe he doesn't want to start a relationship long distance. That type of relationship at your age is hard to do - I know, I tried for 6 months with my boyfriend who was in Hawaii while I was in Tennessee (talk about unfair). It ended up I found someone else because I was so lonely - and too young to commit to one guy half way around the world. So - lighten up on yourself...just keep thinking what he's missing! I remember how this feels and I thought I'd never live through it - but I did - and I found a wonderful man who I've been with 27 years! Take your time - if he doesn't call - his loss.

• Members

If he's not home often he may have friends and/or relatives dragging him around the circles to see everyone. It may be best to give him a little time to get these things finished and see if he calls. I came home on leave for 10 days from the millitary and spent at least 7 of them being drug from place to place for catch-ups.

• Members

It's interesting too, because I know he said he wanted to catch up with his buddies...before he left Saturday. But I was surprised he didn't even bother trying to call just to say hey, I am leaving tonight or tomorrow or whatever. =/ I feel like even a quick message woulda been useful...but I am definitely going to take all of your advice and just ride it out.

• Members

If his friends/family are like mine there was little chance!

Now, darlin', you know I think you're special, sweet, and just an all around sweetie!! But, did you ever think that maybe, just maybe that, as wierded out as you felt kissing your long-time friend, that maybe he felt as confused as you? Give him a few more days.

Though, I do agree that he should've at least called to say goodbye, I'm assuming that you have his e-mail? Send him one. Make it casual, something like "I had a great time with you when we went out. I hope you had a safe trip back and was a bit bummed that you didn't say goodbye. But I'm sure your friends and family kept you super busy! E-mail me as soon as you can please." Short, sweet, and to the point. Best wishes!

• Members

Ya know love I do this same thing, I get so caught up in the want to see someone again and I get kinda freaked out when I don't hear RIGHT back from someone. If your like me you call people back THE SECOND you get their message (it boggles my mind that more people aren't as obessive about that as I am :) ). Guess what I'm in teh process of learning: not everyone is like me. He might be out with friends, he might be out with family, he might have lost his phone, who knows? I have made a rule (which i never stick to but the first step is making the rule) that if I don't hear back from someone right away (that same day at least) I wait a day befor ecalling again. if I still don't hear back form them I wait another couple of days (i shoot for a week) then I give them one last shot. Usually it's just that they got busy. I doubt he's just giving you the blow off, I know that when I go home for a visit, it's usually freaking nuts and i never get to see everyone I want as much as I want.

• Members

I don't know why someone would do this to anyone. He obviously doesn't hold you in the same regard as you hold him. Perhaps you should let this one go and chalk it up as a learning experience. Personally, if I were all smoochin and stuff the night before I'd be calling back to say "lets do it again" or "I don't think this is the right thing to do." He owes you a certain amount of respect, he isn't showing that, and I'd walk away.

Randy.

• Members

I agree with Thur! He's had plenty of time now and he's left you wondering. Something's up! Just my opinion but it's his loss not yours!

• Members

Okay so here's the scoop...

man do I feel like an idiot for worrying but can ya blame me? I just called him today for the last time, and he FINALLY picked up. Guess he lost his phone over the weekend when he was out or whatnot so that's why he didn't return my calls. He's back at school, so I'm totally bumming right now he's really far away. I dunno what's going to happen between us, but I am glad he clarified why he hadn't called back. Hm. I'm definitely going to just let it be and move on.

Thanks for everyone's concerns, and sorry again for complaining.

<3

• Members

I do that all the time. I freaked out once about why a guy wasn't getting back to me, I had just dropped some pretty honest stuff on him and it turns out that his phone was shut off.silly huh? i'm glad it worked out for you though. :)

• Members

I'm talking to his older, more attractive (they are both gorgeous) brother. He msged me one day and we got to talking and we hit it off really well! He's into the same stuff as me and we have a lot in common, unlike the other brother. I am not sure if it'd be a bad idea getting to know the older brother, but I feel like me and the other guy had nothing serious as you read in my prior note. I feel like I'm entitled to try? I dunno, like I said we never had anything serious. I dunno...comments?

• Members

If you're both single, hook up. What have you got to lose.

• Members

You are entitled to do anything that you like. Little brother has no papers with you and you owe him nothing. Do what makes you happy!

• Members

Go for it baby girl! Unless you and the other brother were "Officially" dating or even making a serious attempt to, you ahve nothing to worry about. Though I would talk to the other brother if t looks like things are going to be serious with this new brother. Just to make sure that there are no issues, better safe than sorry ya know?