Official Community Forums Home

They Should Have Told Me Sooner!

angelkisses98

• Members

i got home yesterday, and in the mail was a letter from the fertility clinic. saying that i owed them $800 for the egg freezing, and storage for 6mths!!! AND it was due BEFORE i start any injections, which is june 23!! i was like WTF!! when we went to the meeting they told us it was the cost was &350!!! so i called them and they were like oh no, thats the rate for the sperm freezing and storage. i said well, first off, thats what i was told at the meeting...so i was given wrong information. i have the $350 in an envelope in my drawer. that way it was put aside. 2nd of all, why wasnt a list of this included in the packet!? the only thing about cost in the packet was about the cost of the procedure, test, and meds if the insurance did not cover it. there is NOTHING in it about the freezing and storage rates.

.so i asked since this was an error on there part, if it was ok if i gave them $550 when i went in on the 23rd. and i could give them the rest, at a later date, but i ensured her i would have it paid before the harvesting with should be mid july. she said she would have to speak to the office manager!!

if they dont allow it, im gonna have to put this off another month so i can give them there payment in full. IM SO PISSED OFF!! why should have to wait another month because of THEIR ERROR!?

• Members

Idiots! I hate that crap! I had something similar happen to me but it was not medical related. I had gone to KAY JEWELERS (that's right I am throwing them under the bus!) to have my wedding rings re set in white gold. I dropped them off and did not hear anything for a month. So I called. It turned out they had LOST my solitaire enhancer! It was the perfect accent for my heart shaped solitaire! They apologized profusely and I had them make me a new one, in white gold to replace it. When the rings were ready they called me and said the total price would be 375(ish) I was so happy because I was under the impression that it would be way more. I EVEN double checked. "is this for both rings?" I asked and the girl said yes. I went to get the rings and they charged me 650! I was pretty mad but I ended up paying it because they wouldn't budge...ASSES I will NEVER go there again!

Yes, they should've told you sooner. I would call and speak to the office manager YOURSELF. After all, you don't want anymore miscommunication. Just ask the receptionist to speak to the office manager, and when she asks if it's something she can help you with, tell her no, you want to speak to the office manager. I hope that this can be resolved quickly for you.

*HUGS*

• Members
Yes, they should've told you sooner. I would call and speak to the office manager YOURSELF. After all, you don't want anymore miscommunication. Just ask the receptionist to speak to the office manager, and when she asks if it's something she can help you with, tell her no, you want to speak to the office manager. I hope that this can be resolved quickly for you.

*HUGS*

Also ask if they can work out a payment plan for you if you need it

• Members
Also ask if they can work out a payment plan for you if you need it

Most offices will work out a plan with you...and you don't have to pay all up front. Ask them to help you...fertility treatments are notoriously expensive and not covered by insurance. Most doc offices will help you. I guarantee you, this is not the first time they have heard about trouble with money. Good luck to you, baby!! :kiss:

• Members

i talked to the office manager. i told her what happened. she apologized and i was given the wrong quote. apparently the woman who did the meeting told us the wrong information, because the other 3 couples that were at the meeting ran into the same issue.

she said as long as it is paid before they do the freezing, its fine.

• Members

If 4 couples were quoted the $350 THAT IS WHAT THEY SHOULD GET! Unfortunately this is such an important thing for some couples and they know that more often than not they will get that higher price! Sounds pretty similar to the old "Bait and Switch" con! I hope you'll at least get a consult with an attorney who could refer you to the proper channels for this problem.

Now aside from that I hope you can make it work for you!

• Members

it would cost more in lawyer fees to look into it. apparently the $350 was the fee for storing the eggs for 6mths...rip off i know..which, we will get back what is not used. if it works the first round, we will not need to store the other eggs, so we will get that money back. but still, im not happy. i plan on talking to my doctor about all this when i go in on the 23rd.

i had the $350 set aside for a while..that way i knew i had it. we WERE planning on going away for a weekend to just get away and relax before the injections, blood work, u.sounds ect kicked in..and now we cant go, because we had to take that money, and pay it for the freezing.

i dont mind paying it...its the way it was done..had i had known 4mths ago, when we started all this, that money would have been long set aside.

• Members

Most attorneys will at least have a free or low-cost consult. I have no doubt that you would not pay the bill but had this been known you would have done so already as you stated. I think there is some serious misdirection or a piss poor consultant at the root of this!

• Members
Most attorneys will at least have a free or low-cost consult. I have no doubt that you would not pay the bill but had this been known you would have done so already as you stated. I think there is some serious misdirection or a piss poor consultant at the root of this!

normally there policy is that the payment must be paid by the time the first round of injections start. which would have been the 23rd for me. but because of the mistake, they are giving me till the day of the harvesting which is the end of july to have it paid. i still do however intend to speak to the office manager personally as well as my doctor when i have my appt on the 23rd

• Members

This is definitely an avoidable mistake they should look into! To some people $500 above what they were told is a few months of scrimping and shuffling.

• Members

One of the (good) guys I work with, he and his wife saved for a few years and through the money their church donated were finally able to get pregnant. However I know that If this had happened to them, on what we make, it would have taken them months to come up with it. I am very sorry that they did this to you. Definitely lodge a complaint, even if you don't go to a lawyer or anything, you still should raise a fuss because not everyone would be able to come up with that extra money. Iha was right all of this should have clearly been laid out for you BEFORE you started anything. Obviously if complications arose that would be different but something that is clearly pretty much a flat rate for everyone should be made very obvious up front and in writing. I'm very surprised that they ddin't do this to begin with!

That being said. I'm very happy that you guy are able to go through this and I wish you the best (and soonest) of luck.