Official Community Forums Home

Tornados

whitefang2002

• Members

Not sure what all states had some today...but just hoping that nothing happened to anyone on here! Hope you are all ok.....

Yeah there was on by me......but i was in the basement.........and SO was at his parents house 3 miles away and watched it come down by me and go back up a couple times....didn't get alll the way to the ground......and then some went over my parents house.....

Icky I hate those damn things!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is ok and no damage!

• Members

Wow, you could watch it! That is so scary. The devastation they can produce is unlike anything I have ever seen...I'm fortunate to only personally have seen a small amount of damage, but on TV I have seen those towns wiped out. It's hard to believe anyone can live through one. I'm glad you were okay, Whitefang, that was too close for comfort!!

• Members
Wow, you could watch it! That is so scary. The devastation they can produce is unlike anything I have ever seen...I'm fortunate to only personally have seen a small amount of damage, but on TV I have seen those towns wiped out. It's hard to believe anyone can live through one. I'm glad you were okay, Whitefang, that was too close for comfort!!

I'm glad you and yours are alright. I've seen my share of those things in my life and if I never see another one it will be too soon.

• Members

SCARY!!! We had a really bad thunderstorm Tuesday in the middle of the night. WILD winds and I was afraid a tornado was imminent. My 5 year old came in the bed W/ us scared. I was freaking out (inside so as not to scare her more) We lost power. The next day My Dad called to tell me he had some damage to his house. The roof blew off his shed, he has some siding come off the back of his house. I am surprised we didn't have any damage. I used to have nightmares about tornadoes as a child. It is terrifying to me!

• Members

Well we didn't see any twisters but I heard on the news that we had 10 mediocre earthquakes that day! Did you hear about the Boy Scout troop that was out when a tornado came right down on top of them? I think that was in Iowa. Killed 4 people and injured 40! I hope everyone is OK!

• Members

Well I'm sort of holding out some hope that none of the kids were killed. The newsman sort of left the details out. I know there were other people in the park with them. An 18yo boy was filming their vacation when the funnel came right down over him. He laid down in a ditch until he saw the building that some of the scouts were in collapse on top of them. He and his got up and began digging kids out of there. They saved a bunch of them. And I think they really deserve some recognition for what they did!

• Members

I believe I heard that 4 scouts were killed. I am most sure that they were all trying to help each other, and it is a very, very sad event.

I am afraid that we are in for a long, long summer of bad weather. The exact thing that happened to whitefang. My hubby was upstairs WATCHING while I was petrified in the basement. Men, what to do with them.

My advice: always be aware of the weather and make sure you are prepared. I heard on the news that it has not been this 'tornado appropriate' since 1993!

• Members

Damn men. lol. Told mine i can't afford to do stupid things like that cuz i have to take care of my daughter. yeah when we got the tornado watch i got everything ready in the basement....and then when it went on warning then we went down there..........had the tv on down there so i knew what was going on.

• Members

To all that are experiencing this life threatening weather.....

Stay safe, and be careful. Good luck!

• Members
uh excuse me, the weather is really nasty when the warnings are issued so we are supposed to do what? Get out on the road and go to Wal-Mart??

Apparently it's not safe there either! :lol:

• Members

Hi guys

As far as us men liking to watch the storms it's that male need to protect what's important to us, our families, what we can see won't hurt us. We live in a hundred year old farm house and it's survived quite a few blows in the seventeen years we've lived here but I have to say if a twister hits and it goes down the last place I want to be is in the basement with the house coming down on me. I've seen to many houses after they were hit and the basements totally filled with half the house. I'll stay outside and take my chances in the ditch. Twelve years in Oklahoma and now all the twisters up here I've seen my share close-up and they still don't scare me. But I do have total respect for their power. I know what your saying MK Di was in Chicago during that storm, can't get away from them anymore. :o

At least some of y'all have basements to get in, We had tornado warnings here last night and there is nowhere to run to and nowhere to hide, ya just tighten your pucker string and hope for the best. It's funny, they always say go to the lowest part of your home....there is no LOWEST part of your home here. Then, they say if ya live in a mobile home (trailer) to get out and go to a safe place...uh excuse me, the weather is really nasty when the warnings are issued so we are supposed to do what? Get out on the road and go to Wal-Mart??

We are lucky in so much that the ones we have here are usually only a hundred yards or so wide, don't stay on the ground long, and are only F-1 or F-2.

WHere I live, most of the houses are one level, and on posts, blocks (due to wet or clay ground), or slabs. So, I know what you mean about there IS NO low part. LMAO about going to Wal*Mart. Everyone please be careful out there! I plan on filling up all the rest of my water jugs, because, not only are we in tornado season, but hurricane as well, and you never know when one of those will pop up again.