Official Community Forums Home

Phone Calls

ToyQueen

• Members

Over two months ago, I started getting calls on my cell phone from a "private" number. I answered the first time, thinking it was a friend using a calling card. It turned out to be an obscene phone caller. I quit answering the calls, but sometimes there would be 10 or more a night. One night my daughter answered the phone, got the guy's first name, and threatened him with legal action if he didn't stop calling. She even said that his number was no longer blocked. A few days later, I made a business phone call, and recognized the guy's voice. So I know his first name, and I know where he works.

There have been no more phone calls since May 29th. Until 10 minutes ago... I simply said that I couldn't talk, and hung up. This is very distressing to me. Here I am on vacation, and now I know the calls are going to continue. It's hard to relax like this.

Any ideas to get rid of this guy permanently???

Call him at work, tell him that you recognize him as your obscene caller, and that if he didn't quit, you'd get him fired by calling HIM, and showing up at his work! That should do it.

To make sure it's him, you can call the cell phone company, and see if they can GIVE you the number that keeps calling you, that this Private Number person is harrassing you and you need to get the phone number to get the calls to stop. They can usually do that.

• Members

I would definitely make sure you have the right person. If all you want to do is stop the calls, then notify your cell phone provider and tell them what is happening, they can search the number and file a complaint.

If you want to get him into trouble for what he is doing, verify the number and then either file a police report or call him and do as Tyger suggests. Either way, you need to make it stop!

• Members

definitely talk to the phone company. See if they can in any wau set it up so that you can't recieve any more blocked numbers. What would happen then is if he calls you he's be told to firsat dial *87 I think and then your number, then his number will show on your caller id. If they won't so that they have to get that number for you, and DON"T call him to tell him off, he wants to see you get upset. Call the cops, he's been harrassing you for months and they need to step in. You now know where he works so send the cops to his job, that will scare him enough to make him stop. I'm going to warn you right now there is a chance that the cops will tell you they can't do anything, be firm and tell them that you need them to go and talk to them to put an end to all this. The police can also verify the phone number for you, and get the address and such attached with it.

• Members
definitely talk to the phone company. See if they can in any wau set it up so that you can't recieve any more blocked numbers. What would happen then is if he calls you he's be told to firsat dial *87 I think and then your number, then his number will show on your caller id. If they won't so that they have to get that number for you, and DON"T call him to tell him off, he wants to see you get upset. Call the cops, he's been harrassing you for months and they need to step in. You now know where he works so send the cops to his job, that will scare him enough to make him stop. I'm going to warn you right now there is a chance that the cops will tell you they can't do anything, be firm and tell them that you need them to go and talk to them to put an end to all this. The police can also verify the phone number for you, and get the address and such attached with it.

i agre with this..once you are able to get the number...then press harassment charges

• Members

If you get the number there is a reverse phone lookup that will tell you more about the person or business connected to it.

• Review Team

I know you probably don't want to, but if all else fails the company should be willing to change your number. I will tell you just recognizing a voice will not get you far in the legal department. If you want the cops (or anyone else) to go after him, you'll need proof it of who's calling. Like others said, the company should be willing to work on that with you. Good luck, hon.

• Review Team

I have a lot of cop friends here and I know that they can get the number of whoever it is (even if the caller blocks it) and have it tracked to a name and address without much trouble, if they just will. If the calls have been threatening in any manner, they should be willing. If not, it might just take finding the right officer. If you can't get any where with a "street" cop, you might try calling straight to the detectives division and ask for whoever handles telecommunication cases. Unless it is a very small department, they should have someone.

• Members

I do have many friends in the city police department, the sheriff's department, and the state police. I'm sure someone can help me. But I'll start with the phone company. In the morning...