Official Community Forums Home

Children

nosleepnmesa

• Members

So I got a call at 330am it wakes me up, I answer it and it is my 18yr old son. uggg I can bearly understand him. He calls me at and asks me how to get to Mesa. WTF?? He lived here so how does he not know??? Well it is beyond obvious to me that he is on something, what I have no clue. So I ask him, he says,"Mom why do you think I am high?" Well lets see I can't understand you, you are asking me how to get to Mesa, and it is flippin 330am.

I ask him where he is and he says at Superstition Springs BLVD, I said, " Well your in Mesa." I am frustrated right now I could scream." So then he ask me, " How to I get to Red Mountain High school, WTF?? Does my son not get it, it is 330am you went to Red Mountain High and graduated. My son graduate a yr early.

So here I am worried as hell about him, he is in a car with god only knows who, high, drunk hell just not in his right mind. He tells the whomever he is with that they need to get off on Power. You know you do your best when raising your children, and you hope and pray that you have given them the tools ness. to have a good life. They move out, get a job, seem to be doing okay.

Then this shit!!!

I think the strangest thing is though, yesterday I checked his myspace, and his message got to me when he said,"I dont know what is better women or drugs." I called him and he wasn't there. I then called his dad to see if he has heard from him. Nope they saw him that morning and that was it.

I know he is an adult but damn, I am worried as hell. Where is his fucking (excuse my french) brain??? So now I sit here concerned as hell almost an hour and half later wondering, is the damn hospital going to be calling here to tell me that my son is in a car accident? Is my son going to be calling me telling me he is in jail?? Is he still okay? Is he safe, still alive???ugggg!!

The worst thing is though that if he calls me cause for some reason he got arrested, I would accept the call, but I wouldnt do anything to help him, I wouldnt pay his bond, show up at court or anything else.

Anyway thanks for letting me rant and rave. I almost want to call the number back again that he called from and make sure that he is alright, so when does a parent stop worring?I feel so helpless right now as a parent, knowing that there is nothing I can do.

• Members

GOD Kat I don"t know what I would do! :( It sucks to not be in control and just watch without being able to do anything. Are there any of his friends you can get info from? I bet maybe there are some friends who are just as concerned about him whom he maybe does not associate with anymore... I would be like freaking Sherlock Holmes trying to find out the truth! So sorry you have to deal with this! My kids are still so little I guess I should be grateful!

• Members

Kat, you never stop worrying. I hope he's all right, and that he'll figure it all out---most of them do. He has been raised well. Try to relax, and you'll get through this. You definitely have enough to worry about today without him screwing things up. You'll be in my thoughts.

WOW!! Gawd, I'd go nuts myself!! I hope he's ok, and you hear from him soon! Good response though, and good plan if he calls from jail. That's what my mother basically told me too, if I ever called from jail, after doing something stupid, and it better be a HORRIBLE mistake on the part of the officers! LOL

• Members

I know my mom worries about me if i'm not home for dinner. LOL And she knows I don't do anything, so the point is he's your son and you;ll never stop worrying, that's what makes you a good mom! On the other hand, he may be too old for a spanking but he definitely needs a good ass kicking! :) I'm sending lots of love and good thoughts your way hopefully you find him soon, and when you do threaten him with like rehab or something, or threaten to call the cops on him yourself ( my mom turned in my older brother for drugs scared him silly) just remember that he's gonna get pissed if you do threaten him so maybe just teh ass kicking would be best.

• Members

While a parent never stops worrying, I am a firm believer in the 'time to give tough love' scenario. If I were you this is what I would do:

I would find out if he is OK, then I would have him come over to my house. I would confront him in a stern, but loving, way. Tell him that you know he was on something, that you were worried about him, that it was irresponsible and downright dangerous for him to be on something driving around.

Tell him that if he is ever in a position that he is putting himself or others in danger by using drugs, being drunk or otherwise being impaired to call you for help (I wouldn't want my kids to think that I wouldn't help them). However, also let him know that this is very stressful to you, that you have a lot on your plate, etc and his behavior is irresponsible and disrespectful. He is an adult, yes, but if he is still calling his Mom for help, then he is not being a responsible adult.

The rest is up to you. Hope he is OK. My mom went through this with my brother - she finally told him he was on his own - and he straightened up right fast!

• Members

Oh Kat, my heart was pounding just reading that! For your own peace of mind I hope you are able to find out very quickly what's up with him and where he is. He does need a talking to from someone who loves him IMO. Good luck.

• Members

You will never cease worrying but it would be good for him to hear about the shit he causes you with this type of thing. A good old donkey BBQ is a good start. Chew that boys ass up one side and down the other. His actions are way out of line!

• Members

We went thru this with our oldest son. We went the 'tough love' route, much like Mikayla discribed.

It was difficult and almost broke my heart, but he turned himself around.

He is 29 years old, married, a homeowner and the father of twins, identical boys.

He is a fine young man, and an excellent parent.

I was convinced 10 years ago he would be in prison by now.

Stay strong, you are a good parent, and he will come around. It sure is a long, hard wait for a parent, tho.

Most of us have been there with at least one of our kids, we're here for you.

• Members

As others have also stated, You Never Stop Worrying.

My real concern for him and you are that he told you "who ever he's with gets of on power and no-one has heard from him since. Now I'm sure he's probably fine, but......

I think you can set some rules of the house when he does show up, if he doesn't like them he can find other living arrangements.

• Members

Update: I will fill you all in on this messed up story of hell when I am recovered from my heart test I had yesterday and everything else. He is okay, found this out at about 1130 last night. I finally got some sleep I havent talked to him yet nor have I seen him, but I have word from his GF mom that he is okay etc.. Which is good, he did try to call me but didnt leave a message. I would be scared of my mom to if I was him. LOL

THank you all and a HUGE lecture is coming, once I am recovered from all the stress and everything.