Official Community Forums Home

Ghoulies And Ghosties And Long Legged Beasties

Amylynn920

• Members

Some of my friends here know that GSK and I as a side hobby/interest are into the paranormal, doing investigations, and have been members of a research team as well as founding our own.

We often discuss the paranormal and we love watching paranormal shows on tv, tho we both prefer fact over fiction any day.

Our interest have given us much food for thought and we've had some great discoveries.

I wanted to open up a discussion on the paranormal here, and hear our members thoughts, experiences and just general views on the paranormal.

I will share something that we discovered one night and after many hours of playback, examination and discussion among fellow researchers, we have concluded that what we have may very well be a snippet into the "other side".

When I met GSK we were both on a paranormal research site for different reasons, he was an admin I was a noob, and well it kind of blossomed from there. We spent a few years on the site, flirting talking and many hours off site in IM cybering discussing research and so on.

What we did conclude is that something exists after death, just what we really don't know.

I am sharing a couple of pictures with you that were taken off of the research site.

A little background. The site is an abandoned hospital in Guthrie Oklahoma, that was just a general hospital, nothing special about it, just the fact that it was a hospital, abandoned and the perfect place to begin research. I mean what better place than to study what happens after we die than a hospital that has certainly had it's share of it.

So cams were set up with a live feed. Audio was put into place and the website was born. The site had a supported forum and chat room and still does. Altho the hospital was abandoned for a new building, it still held it's share of inhabitants.

OKC-PRG Webcams

We capped some interesting pics.

The one below was taken in Cam 6. The location of the cam was the old Pediatric Wing. If you look at the end of the pic you will see a child circled in red. The child was only present through 15 seconds of cam refresh, and looks to be holding a ball.

The picture is untouched and still carries it's digital signature so no one has changed it.

Smallboycam6.jpg

To this day we don't know what that is. I think it's a child spirit captured on cam.

This picture was taken during a walk through. Each week the team would enter, take readings with gauss meters, and basically make sure that no one was there. Security is in place at the hospital and the building is alarmed, but walk through is standard protocol when you do an investigation.

If you notice in the pic there is what appears to be a woman with her back to the camera, in what looks to be a hospital gown. She again was only present for the 15 second cam refresh and was not part of the research team.

When the cams refreshed the team was at the end of the hall, this woman had simply disappeared.

What we found interesting was that she appeared to be in a hospital patient gown and not in street clothing. very interesting.

Cam2womaninwhite.jpg

Gsk and I also picked up what we feel is a class A EVP. Evp is electronic voice phenomena, sometimes unknown voices appear in a digital recording and some believe they are the voices of the dead.

I know GSK has the audio clip and perhaps he will link it for you. I am not electronically or computer inclined or I would do it.

We were that night planning a visit to a local cemetary to shoot pics and possibly gather EVP. We had the recorder on discussing things and you can hear GSK talking, me talking, the equipment being put into bags, and then a voice comes on the recorder in a whisper that clearly says "Don't do it"

We replayed that many nights, broke it down in audio software for analyzation and it is neither of us. Our voice patterns are different. So what was this? We simply do not know. Was it a spirit giving a warning not to go? Was it a spirit wanting us to stay? We don't know. At the time of that capture we heard no one but ourselves.

So there you have a few of our experiences. And like I said, I'm curious as to what all of you think, what your experiences are or may be and just to open up what I feel is an interesting topic.

• Members

As most of you know, I am a nurse. Most of us have experienced paranormal things in the hospital. We know that certain rooms are home to other-worldly beings. And yes, I have seen them. I have heard them. I absolutely believe that it is real.

• Members
As most of you know, I am a nurse. Most of us have experienced paranormal things in the hospital. We know that certain rooms are home to other-worldly beings. And yes, I have seen them. I have heard them. I absolutely believe that it is real.

TQ do you find there is more activity in a room that was used in post op vs one that had many deaths?

Any interesting stories of your hospital?

• Members

So many of our rooms are used for both that it's hard to say. We have a large pod--basically an open room--in our unit. We have one individual room, and that is where many of our dying babies are put so the family will have a little more privacy. I can almost always feel that there is---someone in that room. There are many stories of our hospital. I'll have to look some up for you.

I know that there is a room on the Pediatric floor that is haunted. Cries come from the room. The door will slam. Some people have seen a young child running the hallway.

I'll find others for you...

• Members
So many of our rooms are used for both that it's hard to say. We have a large pod--basically an open room--in our unit. We have one individual room, and that is where many of our dying babies are put so the family will have a little more privacy. I can almost always feel that there is---someone in that room. There are many stories of our hospital. I'll have to look some up for you.

I know that there is a room on the Pediatric floor that is haunted. Cries come from the room. The door will slam. Some people have seen a young child running the hallway.

I'll find others for you...

Yes please, I'm intrigued.

• Members
Yes please, I'm intrigued.

My wife swears that sometimes in the quiet of the night before she goes to sleep she hears a man and a woman talking but can't make out what they are saying. Nothing threatening or spooky just talking. We have a lot of old antique dressers, chest of drawers and night stands and such and she thinks that they are in some way attached to one of the pieces of furniture. I have on one occasion heard a womans voice and even raised up and asked my wife if she said something but she said no.

I don't know what it is but it's not frightening or anything. If they are there they seem to be friendly and pose no threat.

Man

• Members

I'd like to believe in it, just because it means it not an absolute end. I believe more than I don't, but, I'm not 100% sure.

• Members

well, we already talked about it, but i will share with everyone else

I am adopted, and my birth mother passed away when i was 2. when my son was born i could feel a presence, and also when i would have a surgery on my kidney's i would feel the same presence.

when my son was a baby, he would giggle and go at what i thought was nothing. the older he got, he would have conversations with what i thought was an imaginary friend. so one day i asked him who he was talking to. he told me grandma. i was a bit confused, because my MIL lived in fla. and my mother had passed away not to long ago. i said, "oh you were talking to mimi? ...thats what my son called my mom. he said " no mommy im talking to my grandma". some time passed, and i was able to obtain a picture of my birthmother. my son saw it and said hey mommy thats grandma.

so yes, i believe in all that stuff. i love anything vampire and witch craft related.

• Members
BOO!

heh I tried this topic about a year ago and everyone thought I was crazy, but I glad to see we have folks here that really do believe. I was on a investigative since from 2001 to 2005 then we kinda of disbandon and went seperate ways. One of my co researchers( matt Ferrell) has his paranormal page linked to my myspace.com/bakersjax

He helped founded a magazine called Ghostmag. We was on a number of broadcast channels in the news. Today show was one of our biggest.

Anyway I have a number of stories to share but no time to write them right now since I have to leave for work in a bit. Hopefully later.

Glenn

btw, those are good shots of the girl at the hospital. To researchers that like catching a 10 lb bass

Glenn

• Members
I'd like to believe in it, just because it means it not an absolute end.

I'm with you there, but unfortunately, the difference between us is that I don't believe.

• Members

I definitely believe in it but I'm also terrified of accidently opening some kind of door that might get the really creepy things coming and I do NOT want to go there! Fascinating to hear your actual experiences though!

• Members

Well I will be the first to say that I am a huge believer. Unfortunately I have never experienced anything myself. However, my little sister was about 3 or 4 and she was sitting in our shared bed room once talking to my grandpa who died about 2 years after i was born and about 2 years before she was. She was able to tell my mom things that she shouldn't have been. Also, I know this is cleche but, what you made a trip to Gettysburg? I had a teacher once who was a re-enactor and he let us hear a tape that he taped while out in the feild and there was a voice, they couldn't really hear it very well when they were there and no one was around but on the tape it was crystal clear a man calling for help. He had a very heavy accent, so it wasn't anyone my teacher knew. Just a thought.

• Members

I am definitely a believer, but it scares the bajesus out of me. I know that my children have been watched over by - who I assume are my grandparents. They both have looked at, waved to, said hello to non-existent, or non-apparent things. My littlest now will be up in his room saying, 'hi' and babbling after I leave the room. I know that sometimes I can smell what I recognize as my Grandma's perfume up there. That is very comforting to me, knowing that she is watching out for them. Sometime after 3 or 4 they stop seeing them - I think they get older and it sort of goes away. Although my 6 year old sometimes says he see the 'black vampire man' and has said this for probably 3 years - which in my opinion is too long to be anything but real. I just don't know who it is, and he sure is scared when he seems him.

Spooky if you ask me!

• Members
I am definitely a believer, but it scares the bajesus out of me. I know that my children have been watched over by - who I assume are my grandparents. They both have looked at, waved to, said hello to non-existent, or non-apparent things. My littlest now will be up in his room saying, 'hi' and babbling after I leave the room. I know that sometimes I can smell what I recognize as my Grandma's perfume up there. That is very comforting to me, knowing that she is watching out for them. Sometime after 3 or 4 they stop seeing them - I think they get older and it sort of goes away. Although my 6 year old sometimes says he see the 'black vampire man' and has said this for probably 3 years - which in my opinion is too long to be anything but real. I just don't know who it is, and he sure is scared when he seems him.

Spooky if you ask me!

You ever notice how babies and toddlers will start laughing for no reason what so ever all of a sudden when your driving and all they can see is clouds moving by as they look out the window. makes you wonder what they really see because that kid isnt just looking at something with interest. He actually communicating with something we dont see.

Anyway I'll share some stories with ya'll tomorrow. time for bed and one thing I like about this house I renting is that nothing happens here.

Btw, Whisky woman might have a few good stories to share also. We will see. I trying to figire out which one I want to start with.

Glenn

• Members

My Mother grew up in a haunted house which I also lived in until about 4 or 5. While nothing that I remember ever happened to me, mom swears that a ghost passed through her and her dog in that house shortly after I was born. I do remember that mom had a name for the ghost and that this spirit was particularly interested in modern things. The washer would come on for no reason whatsoever.

My personal belief is that this is for real. After all, when we die we're still made up of the same basic building blocks as we were when we lived.

Randy.

• Members

I wonder if that might be an orb with the child? There seems to be one with the woman also, just brighter!

• Members

i work at a school, and we had a summer concert..and someone took pics with her high quality digital cam. and when we went back and looked at the pics, one of the aides had lost her 3 year old son about 2 years ago, and in allthe pics of her, there was a HUGE brite orb always by her.

and the music director had lost her mother a few months prior to the concert, and the same thing. also, on the stage, there was a bunch of orbs floating over some of the kids heads. i will see if i can get the pics and put em up for you.

since the cam was such high quality, we were able to zoom in and actually catch the detail of the orbs. they are actually a bluish color, with a darker edge. and lighter in the middle. there is also some sort of wavy blue pattern of sorts around the edge. i though it was really cool to see

• Review Team

OK, here is my ghost story.

When I was growing up my dad was quite a handy man. I remember him remodeling every house we ever lived in as well as some for friends, etc. When I was about 7, we moved into a house and sure enough, there was a wall in living area that was kind of strange so he took it out.

Shortly after that, I started regularly feeling something touch me as I would walk around the house. In my child’s imagination I decided I had an invisible shaggy dog friend because that is what it felt like. After being in the house about a year, we moved, my invisible friend didn’t move with me, never felt it again.

It was years later when I learned that my parents had also experienced things in that house and to a much grander scale than I did – waking up seeing “an old man” in their bedroom, dad would wake up a cold sweat, etc. Apparently, the wall Dad had taken down had been put up by the previous owner and was special to him for some reason. The previous owner was deceased and it was his daughter who sold the house. When looking to buy the house, my parents said something about the wall and the daughter said not to tear it down, because her dad loved it so.

The best we could figure was that the previous owner “came back” to the house when dad torn down the wall. I believe all this because first off, my parents were very rational people – Dad was a skeptic and for him to believe, he had to have been convinced. Plus, I had these experiences when I was too young to really understand them and knew nothing of the wall story until years later. Something was there, I know that.

• Members

The only explanation I've ever heard of orbs was that they are angels!

• Members

spirit changes in form, the common most common form caught on cameria is the orb but orbs are contraversal in their own right because so many orbs caught are actually moisture and dust particals. It takes a trained eye to be able to try and figure out which orbs are suspect as paranormal related and which are not( water, dust, etc). There are some people who swear the best time to get an orb is when it is raining and most there orb pics are rain drops.

Ecto plasm is better but I have seen people get excited from there pictures only to notice when they caught them they were always smoking at the time the ecto showed up. Smoke will create a similer looking picture but smoke and exto are two different thngs and looks different to a trained eye.

I have seen with the naked eye a cloud of ecto plasm implode into a bright light in the shape of a tube or beam of light the dosn't illuminate the area around it. Inside were two balls spinning that look like chrome or crystal( perhaps a combo) and would reflect the light as they spin individually and like on an axis would go around counter clock wise togeather reflecting the light of the beam of light spiraled before just fading away. Imagine your visit to th cenima and you look up and see two beams from the film projector. Now cut off a 2 foot section and stick it diagnol and that what it looked like. I had this pleasure ten years ago as I woke up from sleeping. You know how you wake up alittle bit tired just enough to roll over which is what I did. I looked up and saw what looked like a cloud above me floating but when it imploded with such speed my brain registered the sudden movement and I opened my eyes further in reaction with a "what the hell" to follow. That when I saw in the corner of my room by the bed just near the ceiling and above my head this interets sight. It wasnt scarry, it fact it seem natural and liked it belonged. Like it is there always only we do not see it oftem. well after watching it I wasn't sure what to make of it so I rolled back over and went to sleep. But it was one of the most interesting things to happen to me that caused me to become a researcher years later. I tried to describe what I saw to people but they looked at me like I was nuts. One day in 2001 I ran across a website on the internet that had pictures and as I looked at them I noticed the various forms these ghost pics took. I had seem all of them with the naked eye, even caught a few on camera too. A few years later my friend matt captured that anolmaly in a haunted hotel in front of his dad as we were both in the hall way togeather. We didnt see it with the naked eye but the camera caught it.

The big prize is an apperition and Gettysberg is a great place to find them but it dosnt happpen the way you see it on tv with shows like ghost hunters. While this is a legit group with some credibility, the stuff you see on tv is 99 percent manufactured. It dosnt happen like that in real life on investigations. They have come through jacksonville and st augustine and asked us for ideas locally and how to get into the places my team had. We would suggest places we knew could produce but they didnt like because of the lack of hollywood appeal. One place I have been in ( I'll talk about later) refused them access. But when you work in tv production you dont have time and money to investigate hoping to grab evidence so it needs to be manufactured and a story line full of drama to produce money which the show does or it wouldnt be around for several seasons. The original ghost hunters that appeared on discovery was a one hour show focusing on investigations with some well known people in the business. Later a second show was produced with investigation of the Myrtles plantation which brought in Jeff Reynolds ( Ghost tracker investigations a division of north florida paranormal) which also was featured alittle bit in a book called ghost. Not much happened in that one night but some poker and coffee drinking but that normally what a typical night is like. A few nights staying in that type of haunt( well known for it haunt) can produce you a few fish to fry though with the right willingness, effort, and gear to make it work.

Growing up in the house i did most of my family experinced a few things there( like the story I just told of the ghost above me) but I was always interested in the ghost story my dad used to tell in the house he and his sister lived in now occuppied by my aunt. My dad and his sister were in the family room and saw a clould of ecto come down the hall and townard an wood burning stove. It floated and both of them ran out the door and refused to go back in for hours untl granny and grandpa came home. It turns out my aunt's sister lived in that house also years before in the bedroom and one day she was doing her hair and this solder walked in, sat down on the bed, smiled and faded away. scared the crap out of her. Then my aunt( who lives there now) two kids were in the bed when they both elevated out of it. and there yougest sister was visited by her dad who just passed away a few years later.

But that just the beginning because this is just an intro to my stories, I'll you this to ponder for now.

Glenn

• Members
spirit changes in form, the common most common form caught on cameria is the orb but orbs are contraversal in their own right because so many orbs caught are actually moisture and dust particals. It takes a trained eye to be able to try and figure out which orbs are suspect as paranormal related and which are not( water, dust, etc). There are some people who swear the best time to get an orb is when it is raining and most there orb pics are rain drops.

Ecto plasm is better but I have seen people get excited from there pictures only to notice when they caught them they were always smoking at the time the ecto showed up. Smoke will create a similer looking picture but smoke and exto are two different thngs and looks different to a trained eye.

I have seen with the naked eye a cloud of ecto plasm implode into a bright light in the shape of a tube or beam of light the dosn't illuminate the area around it. Inside were two balls spinning that look like chrome or crystal( perhaps a combo) and would reflect the light as they spin individually and like on an axis would go around counter clock wise togeather reflecting the light of the beam of light spiraled before just fading away. Imagine your visit to th cenima and you look up and see two beams from the film projector. Now cut off a 2 foot section and stick it diagnol and that what it looked like. I had this pleasure ten years ago as I woke up from sleeping. You know how you wake up alittle bit tired just enough to roll over which is what I did. I looked up and saw what looked like a cloud above me floating but when it imploded with such speed my brain registered the sudden movement and I opened my eyes further in reaction with a "what the hell" to follow. That when I saw in the corner of my room by the bed just near the ceiling and above my head this interets sight. It wasnt scarry, it fact it seem natural and liked it belonged. Like it is there always only we do not see it oftem. well after watching it I wasn't sure what to make of it so I rolled back over and went to sleep. But it was one of the most interesting things to happen to me that caused me to become a researcher years later. I tried to describe what I saw to people but they looked at me like I was nuts. One day in 2001 I ran across a website on the internet that had pictures and as I looked at them I noticed the various forms these ghost pics took. I had seem all of them with the naked eye, even caught a few on camera too. A few years later my friend matt captured that anolmaly in a haunted hotel in front of his dad as we were both in the hall way togeather. We didnt see it with the naked eye but the camera caught it.

The big prize is an apperition and Gettysberg is a great place to find them but it dosnt happpen the way you see it on tv with shows like ghost hunters. While this is a legit group with some credibility, the stuff you see on tv is 99 percent manufactured. It dosnt happen like that in real life on investigations. They have come through jacksonville and st augustine and asked us for ideas locally and how to get into the places my team had. We would suggest places we knew could produce but they didnt like because of the lack of hollywood appeal. One place I have been in ( I'll talk about later) refused them access. But when you work in tv production you dont have time and money to investigate hoping to grab evidence so it needs to be manufactured and a story line full of drama to produce money which the show does or it wouldnt be around for several seasons. The original ghost hunters that appeared on discovery was a one hour show focusing on investigations with some well known people in the business. Later a second show was produced with investigation of the Myrtles plantation which brought in Jeff Reynolds ( Ghost tracker investigations a division of north florida paranormal) which also was featured alittle bit in a book called ghost. Not much happened in that one night but some poker and coffee drinking but that normally what a typical night is like. A few nights staying in that type of haunt( well known for it haunt) can produce you a few fish to fry though with the right willingness, effort, and gear to make it work.

Growing up in the house i did most of my family experinced a few things there( like the story I just told of the ghost above me) but I was always interested in the ghost story my dad used to tell in the house he and his sister lived in now occuppied by my aunt. My dad and his sister were in the family room and saw a clould of ecto come down the hall and townard an wood burning stove. It floated and both of them ran out the door and refused to go back in for hours untl granny and grandpa came home. It turns out my aunt's sister lived in that house also years before in the bedroom and one day she was doing her hair and this solder walked in, sat down on the bed, smiled and faded away. scared the crap out of her. Then my aunt( who lives there now) two kids were in the bed when they both elevated out of it. and there yougest sister was visited by her dad who just passed away a few years later.

But that just the beginning because this is just an intro to my stories, I'll you this to ponder for now.

Glenn

• Members

Most orbs are dust particles.

And I will refrain from my thoughts on tv ghost hunting groups.

• Members
Most orbs are dust particles.

And I will refrain from my thoughts on tv ghost hunting groups.

i just thought it was really cool that i was able to see it in such detail. for the longest time, i thought it was just a big circle of light

• Members
i just thought it was really cool that i was able to see it in such detail. for the longest time, i thought it was just a big circle of light

My wife is from the philippenes and they have some very interesting stories since paranormal world and our world cross paths very often. depending where your from there depends on what your most likely to encounter. Where we have our ufo's, versions of the lockness monster, ghosts, big foots, and such so do they and I am going to post some of the stories and legions as we get closer to october.

But my wife has a different perspective on things then most of us might be able to relate since she was under possession at age 4. The story goes that her deceased sister entered her shortly after her death and Ji walked into the parents bed room. When they told her to go to bed, she spoke with her sisters voice saying " why do you call me Jiji it's (jingle)...." My wife says she spoke the full name which she never knew and it really shocked her parents. The next day they went out where she was playing and called her by her sisters name but she wouldn't responds. When she noticed them she asked why they kept calling her ????( sisters name) her name was Jiji.

Having seen human possession they body goes through some rapid changes where the person blacks out, one sign is the heavy breathing that takes place. Even to this day when we go to bed and she knocks off berfore i do she will start making some breathing sounds I can't describe. never know when her sister voice might start calling my name.

There was a time as a teen she decided to participate in a seance and the breathing started and she about passed out, she says she can remember the experince afterwards because of the pain you feel for days afterward. Luckly her about passing out ended the seance as everyone got scared with what was happening to her, and her parents came unglued when they found out what she had done. They have run across there shares of possessed people and exorcisms. They were alot more involved in the catholic church over there then most people and lots of occult practices take place over there among the local natives in the various tribes.

You could label her a medium although she dosnt want to practice it but I took her to st augustine when we first met and she never been there before. In fact this was her first time away from Jacksonville and she only been in the states for less then 10 months. Her parents had never been to st augustine. As we roamed the streets she told me about things she felt at various locations, what she described was 99 percent accurate with the stories well known to those exact locations but only a handful of people would know the stories. They written several times over in books prchased locally but not something she all that into and I didnt tell her til later how detailed she described with such accuracy. when she came on investigations with me to local places known for being haunted( I didnt always tell her they were haunted) her body would go through physical changes that make her feel ill. Her body temp will fluxuate all over her body. I used a thermal scanner on her at less then a foot range and the damn thing went crazy and could not register the body temp. the flux would go from 20 degrees to 105 degrees, and one body part has a different reading then another. Once removed from the area she would return to normal then I catch hell for bringing her to a place I knew about and she didnt. If you ask for a reading, you wont get it and she gets real disturbed if you ask about it. It not something we believe in practicing for religous reasons.

Glenn