Official Community Forums Home

Wth

nosleepnmesa

• Members

Okay so I honestly can't say what the hell happened to MIMI our dog, something tells me though that someone shot her, although I dont know and I couldnt say who since all my neighbors are great people except for one white trash person, and he owns a dog.

My dog is ALWAYS with me, everywhere I go she is at my side. Well last night I noticed that she kept lickin and chewing on her left side, which she has never done before. I turn on the light and make her roll over. I notice instantly that she has a spot the size of a quarter on her left side I trimmed some of her hair away so I could see it better, there is a hole that goes straight down, like the size of a Beebee or pellet gun.

I washed it out, it isnt bleeding at all just ewwww. Then I put some nesporin on it. Of course I am trying to get her to stop licking it, knowing though that is what they do. THis morning I looked at it and ewwwww green yuck coming out, not alot but enough to make me so ewww.

Makes me wonder if someone did something to her although I dont know how, since she is always with me. I called the vet and left a message they open at 9am. Although I have a test to go take this morning for my knee, when that is done hopefully I can get her in.

Anyway I am just ranting and raving. Grrr when it rains it pours.

• Members

OMG! Okay so if you ever find out who shot your dog, turn it in. That is animal cruelty, among a bunch of other things, even if it was an accident. I really hope that she's okay with no lasting damage, and I'm sure your vet will get you in ASAP, even if youhave to drop her off before your appointment, assuming that possible time wise. Depending on where it is, she's probably get coned for a few days to givei t a chance to heal and the infection to clear. I'm sorry hun. :( I wanna shoot the bastard that did this.

• Members

Poor thing. I hope that it all goes well for you.

• Members

And if you are correct on the direction of the wound this was no accident! They should be made to pay the vet bill also if you find them!

• Review Team

I love my dogs and worry about them all the time. I recently moved to a much better neighborhood and it partly because of them. Good luck with the pup and with finding the jerk who hurt her.

OMG!! It does sound like a pellet gun wound, or a close-range BB wound. I hope that you can get her cleaned up soon. Poor puppy!!

• Members

Well I LOVE my VET!! They called me at 9am that morning told me to bring her in. I did and then headed to my appt that I had. I got threw at my appt, and went to check my baby, sorry my doggie is like my children. Well the vet isnt sure what caused it, but once they got it cleaned etc.., the hole was deeper then expected. The estimate for all the charges you can imagine were OMG outrageous, 1230.75. Anyway I have been going to the same vet for all my animals for 11yrs, they fixed her up, stitched her up, and all the wonderful things. She is home and is sad looking but doing well.

The good thing is I didnt really pay attention to the bill when I went to pay to take her home, I was just more in shock that this happened. Anyway hand them my debit card, and go home. I get home and start reading the bill, and I was like OMG what the hell this is an error. They only charged me 239.00. I immediatley called the vet to let them know I owe them more money that I wasnt charged right. Vicky came to the phone and said no Kat you were charged right, with school starting and everything plus your own medical needs, surgery coming up etc. We are picking up the rest of it. You have been a long time client and have also given the best care to your animals, so as I surprise to you and for being such a good pet owner Dr. Phat decided that 239.00 was all you needed to pay.

Okay so I was a cry baby. The vet made the owner cry . LOL That was the sweetest thing ever. I am still in shock.

They arent sure what caused it, but are pretty sure it could have been a pellet, but I dont know. I live in a great neighbor all my neighbors are wonderful except the one white trash asshole. (Excuse my french) Anyway what a way to start off a Saturday.

• Members

Wow Kat....they are amazing. There are very few people like that today. Just shows you also the quality of vet you go to. They are not just there for the money they do honestly care about the pets and owners as well. I hope that your baby heals up quickly and sorry that this even had to happen.

• Members
wow what a great vet!! im so glad your baby is ok. my kitties are like my babies and if anything ever happened to them i would be devestated.

wow! When my mom's dog got out of the fence on me in march and ran into the steet only to get hit by a car, the people driving the car drove off without even braking. I ran out scooped him up put him in the car, got teh other dog in the house and flew down to the vet. He was fine, broke toy and damned if that dog didn't milk it for everything it was worth. Our vet only charged us for the office visit. Just proof that there are decent human beings in teh world. Teh entire time i kept saying "Mom is gonna kill me" i didn't call her until after ii got him home and knew he was okay. i'm glad your baby is okay and I hope you find the bastard who did it!

• Members

I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOUR DOG IS OKAY, I HATE PEOPLE WHO DO THING LIKE THAT TO ANY ANIMAL. YOU VET WAS GREAT TO HELP YOU AND GIVE YOU A BREAK, KUDOS TO THE VET. I HOPE YOU FINE OUT WHO DID THIS, MAKE HIM PAY THE VET FULL PRICE.

• Review Team

Glad the doggie is doing okay :) You have a wonderful vet, too. I'm glad everything turned out ok!

• Members

It's terrible that this happened to your poor dog, but it sounds like the best possible outcome to a bad situation! What a great vet!

• Members

We actually use 2 vets. Our local is more of a cow doc so we only use him for non-emergency things but the other one has never charged us in the triple digits and one of those visits was an emergency in the middle of the night. They love going to this guy. I would say it's the treats he gives them but I know it's the way he treats them that they pick up on. Your vet sounds very similar. Glad your baby is doing better! BTW, I think we all treat them just like our kids!

• Members

I am glad that Mimi is going to be alright and the vet was so good to you. Proof that there are people out there who still care.

As for whoever did this to her, I hope they rot in hell someday.

Anybody who can do somthing like that to an animal is capable of anything.

Give her some extra love from all of us.

How did your appointment go?