Official Community Forums Home

Random Thoughts

Amylynn920

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why do some people think so highly of themselves when in reality they suck???

• Members

I hope me son gets the job he is interviewing for.

• Members

Man this forum is SLOW lately!!! What can we do to make things interesting???

• Review Team

Some times ... you just have to leap.

• Members

Relaxing tonight as well as all weekend...especially since the weather is gonna be miserable tomorrow.

• Members

Married life doesn't seem so much further off than when we were "dating" which is really comforting to know that although my surroundings have changed for the rest of my life, he hasn't.

I really love him... even if he has silly things he does like: falling asleep on the couch with contacts still in.

I just can't believe it's 2 days till being married for a whole month. Boy does time fly... as long as it's spent with him, I can't complain :wub:

• Members

Why did I wake up so early today. Sleep would be a good thing once in a while.

• Members

I went into the city to get groceries, and while I was gone, my dog got sprayed by a skunk.

It is almost 10 o'clock, we live in the middle of nowhere, and everything is closed. He reeks.

It is cold, windy and wet so he is sleeping in the mudroom. Everyone is pissed about the smell.

I can't leave him out, he is a housedog, and kinda old, too. Do they think the dog is any happier then they are?

This isn't my week. :(

Poor old dog...................

• Members

I am ecstatic. The Phillies are 1 win away from winning the world series. Tomorrow night will be awesome for sure.

Guest eminatic
I went into the city to get groceries, and while I was gone, my dog got sprayed by a skunk.

It is almost 10 o'clock, we live in the middle of nowhere, and everything is closed. He reeks.

It is cold, windy and wet so he is sleeping in the mudroom. Everyone is pissed about the smell.

I can't leave him out, he is a housedog, and kinda old, too. Do they think the dog is any happier then they are?

skunk spray is an oil, and a race against time to get rid of. i heard somewhere that if you let it sit, you can smell it on the dog for up to 2 years.

since its an oil, you can use a mixture of dishwashing detergent, peroxide and baking soda and apply it to the areas that have been sprayed.

also the oil can spread so do not let the dog in the house/on his bed as the oil will spread to these things as well.

• Members

I saw on mythbusters that tomato juice REALLY works!!!

• Members
skunk spray is an oil, and a race against time to get rid of. i heard somewhere that if you let it sit, you can smell it on the dog for up to 2 years.

since its an oil, you can use a mixture of dishwashing detergent, peroxide and baking soda and apply it to the areas that have been sprayed.

also the oil can spread so do not let the dog in the house/on his bed as the oil will spread to these things as well.

Thanks, I called the vet and that is exactly what she said, too.

It seems to have worked, he doesn't smell skunky anymore.

The only thing she warned me about was not to get it into his eyes. I can cause blindness.

The quantities are: 1 pint of peroxide, 1 teaspoon of dish soap and 3 Tablespoons of baking soda.

Mix in a pail and apply while it is still foaming. Let it soak in for about 10 minutes, rinse and bathe him.

She did say tomato products work, also, but you end up with a pink dog!

Sweetguy saw it happen. He said it was almost dark and he had the dog out,

and the dog ran right over and stuck his nose in the skunks butt.

S.G. said it happened so fast, there wasn't time to yell for the dog to stop.

We have cats, so he prob. was thinking it was a kittycat. Whoopsie.

Thanks, guys! The stuff you can learn here................. :P

• Members

I thought I was over it, but I still miss him.

• Members

Let's go Phillies.....time to take Tampa Bay down. This city is gonna be rocking that is for sure.

• Members

It snowed today! <_<

Love snow, but not yet.

• Members

It snowed here too!

It looks pretty, but I hate leaving the house in the crap.

• Members

Whoa. I'm falling for him WAY harder and WAY faster than I had thought I would. Mom thinks he's going to ask me to marry him by the summer or soon after that. I love him dearly, but I'm JUST NOT READY. I'm 19 for goodness sake.... still have to finish my schooling. AND there are a LOT of things we still need to talk about.... like where we would live. I don't think I'd do well moving to New Zealand.... *breathes*

All will turn out as it should. Just wait, just breathe.

• Members
Whoa. I'm falling for him WAY harder and WAY faster than I had thought I would. Mom thinks he's going to ask me to marry him by the summer or soon after that. I love him dearly, but I'm JUST NOT READY. I'm 19 for goodness sake.... still have to finish my schooling. AND there are a LOT of things we still need to talk about.... like where we would live. I don't think I'd do well moving to New Zealand.... *breathes*

Deep breathe babe, a) your right school hase to be done. B) new Zealand isn't so bad.

• Members

Well... you'll be 20 by next year right. Engaged for about another year... Getting married at 21 isn't unheard of! Don't worry so much! it will be fine! And yeah NZ looks awesome if you ask me!