Official Community Forums Home

Toy Infections

ih3588

Hi, Newbie here,hope im posting in right location. Im wondering if anyone has gotten serious infections from toys,specifically any of the new lifelike materials.We try to remember to clean them but sometimes forget,i know stupid.Anyway im scheduled for a biopsy on a lymphnode in groin area and was hoping someone could help me .Thank You

• Members

Could this be a reaction to the lube that you use? There is at least one member here that has a bad reaction to certain types of lube. I can't recall off hand where that post was at but may be worth a look. It was posted by Tig!

If you are concerned with the toy hygiene try using it with a condom. Clean up is a snap then!

• Members

The easiest way to get in the habit of cleaning your toys is keeping alcohol wipes with your toys, I prefer that to most toy cleaners cause it gives me piece of mind, also they do have toy cleaner wipes. that way even if you don't want to go take a shower you can at least bath the toy right away. All kinds of germs can and will live on your toys so you have to be EXTREMELY careful with all your toys (internal, extrenal, vaginal, anal etc) cause bodily fluids attract germs like flys to poo. So just get the cleaner wipes or at the very least (and you should any way) be in the habit of washing toys first.

http://shop.tootimid.com/doc-johnson-toy-towelettes.aspx

Some ingredients can cause allergic reactions, whether it's in the toy, or possibly the lube you use. If you have allergies to latex, then the cyberskin toys aren't for you.

You should ALWAYS clean your toys right after use. If you know you're forgetful, wash them BEFORE you use them. Though, usually, any sort of bacterial needs some warm, wet place to cultivate itself, the lack of hygeine when using sex toys is a concern. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS clean your toys when they first arrive (even though they're NEW, you don't know who's handled what, and it's a good habit to get into), always clean them after using, and make sure you follow any tips or instructions some toys have on the packaging as to their care. It's not good to store toys after using them, unless they've been cleaned first. Some lubes can break down the toy, even if it's water-based. So can body chemistry. Some people have more acid secretions as others, and can really damage sex toys.

Many toys are porous, such as the lifelike (UR3, Cyber-Skin and so on), as are jelly, to name a couple. These can harbor bacteria in the bumps, crevices, holes, and creases in these toys. You wouldn't allow your lover to put his cock in you, after he's been out working in manure would you? OK, harsh example, but still, the cleaner the toys, the better.

It's all as simple as warm water and antibacterial soap. Liquid soap is the best, since it spreads and rinses off easier than bar soap. Using sex toys in the bedroom (or where ever) is great, but it comes with a certain amount of responsibility and care as well. Being forgetful is not an excuse when it comes to the care of sex toys and your health. You must try harder to remember.

I seriously doubt that, just a few forgetful moments would require some sort of biopsy however.

• Members

You may have a latex or a silicone allergy.

Both of which can cuase an allergy and a reaction to a toy, especially the lifelike or cyber skin toys.

If you think you may have an allergy to either of these, try using sheepskin condoms, itll make clean up a snap, and will avoid your exposure to latex.

Tiger brings up excellent points about toy hygine, very important.

Always wash your toys before and after use.

Iha... you kill me dude..

And even though I know he is joking, he brings up anoher seriously good point, whether he is aware of it or not..

Washing your hands and having your lover wash their hands as well before and after foreplay is extremely important.

Just think of all the things we do throughout the day, all the things we touch, all the germs our hands and fingernails harbor.

This too could be a part of the problem.

You could always buy some waterproof toys, and you and your lover could take the in the shower and begin your foreplay there...

This way, your toys are clean, your lover is clean, your clan, and the foreplay has begun...

This is one reason I LOVE my waterproof toys.

I get them clean before and after use, And I get clean ad have a couple of great orgasms in the process!

• Members
Just so you's wimmins knows:

We guyz don't usually dip our sticks in manure.

We guyz don't even be naked around (cow) manure...well maybe sheep manure...

We guyz figger that if we took a bath last week ,and it's been in are drawrz all week, it must be purdy clean...cleaner than are handz anysways.

Nice! Who are you? Larry the cable guy? :lol:

• Members

I recall a co-worker telling me of an experiment done in one their science classes. They took a few of those in the class that were diligent in their nail care and did a small scraping from one of those nails. Not even one showed to be as clean as those people would have thought. For the most part they all showed traces of boogers, fecal matter, urine and other things. Cutting the likelyhood of problems is most important. Just like BC, IDK of anything that is 100% but there are things that can be done to lessen the chances!

BTW, iha/Larry, you're my hero! LOL!

• Members
Yea, nothing like a sharp fingernail to keep you from dusting yer broom. My Mom always said you could tell the gentlemen by how well they kept their nails....oh wait a minute...THAT's what she meant? Ewe...Momma having SEX? ewe.

Forgive me, I'm having a shocking Freudian moment....ewe.

Oh gawd, your killin me Iha!!

And I believe its spelled ewww..

Your spelling ewe as in sheep ewe...

and if thats where goin....your momma was one baaad lady LOL

I'm sorry I just couldn't resist!!!

• Members

You guys are so silly. Everybody knows parents don't have sex once they have kids............Right???

Last time we where visiting sweetguys parents, his mom said something like "Why do kids think their parents don't have sex?"

His parents are in their mid 70's. On the way home, his reaction was OMG, I can't believe she said that!!

I said hey, Good for them! Poor sweetguy. :lol:

Iha, you are soooooooooo funny, I was LMAO reading your posts!!

• Members

Some friends of ours had an unexpected later-in-life pregnancy. Their 12 year old daughter was mortified when she realized how this must have come about. Her dad responded by saying,"What! You think you're grandparents just go to bed and sleep every night?" I think she might still be in therapy.

• 14 years later...

Here's a great post about the importance of cleaning your sex toys!!!! :) 

I continue to use warm water and antibacterial soap to clean my toys.

I have weeded my collection down to a select few, and the majority of them are glass or silicone based, so easy to clean, and less likely to hold on to bacteria. Plus, they last longer. :) 

I have had HUNDREDS of sex toys....from hard plastic, to rubber, to jelly, silicone and glass.......Thru the years, I have found my favorite materials, options, features (so far), and what type of toys I prefer.