Official Community Forums Home

Wierd Weekend

whiskeywoman

• Members

My mom is talking about letting my ex move in, so he can get a job at the local mine,

and how he and I could have her bed, and how we shold get remarried for the kids sake.

WTF?!

This is the same man who has physially abused my girls, and the one who has beaten the crap out of me more times than I can count.

The one who shoved a vial of cocaine under my nose when I was driving, KNOWING I used to have a problem with it.

Yeah the one with the drug problems.

Yes THAT EX!!

AND SHE WANTS HIM TO MOVE IN???!!!!

what makes it even worse...SHE WAS STONE COLD SOBER WHEN SHE SUGGESTED IT!!!

UNGH!!

I seriously wonder if mom didn't inherit alzheimers from my grandma,

because to even think such a thingis sheer insantiy, let alone actually SUGGEST it to me.

Fuck that shit, I would rather be eaten alive by a pack of rats rater than have that man come back full time.

I have a hard enough time when he comes around for birthdays or Christmas.

The girls regress back to old habits.

Thumb sucking, bed weting, nightmares, crying, throwing fits etc.

Even mom has said how much they regress when he comes around, and shes suggesting he move in with us?!?!

I think sh has lost her mind.....

Then... I went onto this dating site, I got a couple of bites,

I exchanged pics with one guy, and wrote him an email,

just 1, next thing I know he is now profesing his deepest love for me, and his name has changed.

And you can bet your ass I am not talking to him anymore, he is on full time ignore.

I know I say I strive to be anything but normal, but this is bordering on plain out nuts!

I must have a huge invisable sign on my neck or something.

"INSANITY STARTS HERE" or something, damn.

Ok, enough,

I am gonna get a sress headache just thinking about it.

/off rant

• Members

Unbelieveable! I just can't comprehend a your mom thinking it would be good for you and the girls in any way.

My step daughter is getting divorced from a guy like your ex, and we are doing everything short of hiding her and the kids from him.

I guess I see my kids as my 'kids', because you hurt them, you better watch out for their mama!

When he has a couple hours of visitation, her dad or I, her mom or her step dad meet him away from the house and do the hand off.

(This girl has all four of us, and we all work together to make sure she and grandsons are safe and happy)

We do it very matter of factly with no friendly chit chat. We are not rude to him, just very bussiness like.

If my step daughter did the hand off, he would be playing games with her.

I can't get over your mom, Whiskey, she must not be thinking clearly.

Thank God YOU are.

• Members

I hope your mom isn't your main support. She is not thinking clearly. Is there a way that your ex is communicating with her and maybe manipulating her?

Glad you have both eyes open. Take care of yourself and those girls.

• Members

How is it going WW? Has mom given up on the idea?

Hopefully she has given it some thought and realizes it is a bad plan.

• Members

WW~

How is things hun? Okay now I think it must be someting with mothers because mine is even pushing her dogs away. maybe a little slap of reality would work? ut since it's your house just make it clear to your mother that A) he is not moving in and B) he's not allowed there when you aren't. And if you find out he is, bust his ass for tresspassing.

• Members

Well I dunno what her problem was the other night.

I dont know if it was depression kicking in, or a last from the past or what.

We had ben talking about holidays, and she ran off in her way back machine talking abouthow herdad was never there for her.

Then she came back to present day and started sugestin these ludacris ideas of her.

I swear the woman suffocates me more than a plastic bag.

Don't get me wrong, love her to death, I really do.

And Iunderstand I am her only daughter, and I am the closest living child, and the onl child to give her grandchildren etc.

I also understand she is dying, and she won't be around much longer.

And she wants to make sure we are taken care of, and that we will be ok, and that she wants to spend as much time as possible wth us,

but, enough is enough.

• Members

We had ben talking about holidays, and she ran off in her way back machine talking abouthow herdad was never there for her.

Then she came back to present day and started sugestin these ludacris ideas of her.

And Iunderstand I am her only daughter, and I am the closest living child, and the onl child to give her grandchildren etc.

And she wants to make sure we are taken care of, and that we will be ok, and that she wants to spend as much time as possible wth us,

but, enough is enough.

If your mom is not mentally impaired in any way (ie, altimeters, depression, etc...) you need to let her know that:

1. You love her and love her involved in your lives, but she must to be supportive to what's bests for you and your children and she needs to remember your ex is not it. Spell out for her what is.

2. If she can't rely on her emotional support, than your relationship will need to change for your own emotional continued well being, but that in no way is this what you want.

Wiskey, it sounds like you had a lot of really rough times in your past, I'm sorry you had to go through any of it, but you also sound as though your in a really good place right now (emotionally), you just have to do anything and everything you can to protect your well being.

I hope I don't sound like a bitch. I've seen first hand how hard it is for someone who has/had a drug issue; that toped with abuse..... unimaginable to me. You have to be an incredibly strong women to have overcome such obstacles. I applaud you!

• 3 weeks later...

but, enough is enough.

Being taken care of doesn't mean having a violent and self-destructive/selfish man in the house. She probably is "old fashioned" in thinking that you have to have a man to be taken care of. Her intentions are good, but totally misdirected for sure! I hope that everything's settled down a bit, and she now understands that him being there would be much, much more harmful for everyone, than good. *hugs*

• Members

Well, I am hoping she has come to her senses.

She seems to have dropped it for now.

Of course there have been more pressing issues here on the home front.

Now that most of them have been resolved, we will see if she resumes the idea or if it stays dead.

Tyger,

yes she is old fashioned, she hasn't goten it through her thick skull yet that I am adult.

I have been taking care of the girls and I by myself for a while.

Even when he was there.

ah well, sh will get over it im sure.