Official Community Forums Home

Everyday Intimacy

ladylove

• Members

One needs to talk..... just talk, forget the TD list.

Everyday Intimacy

"Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need." — Margaret Mead

Intimacy can be described as "belonging to someone." Asking "how was your day?" should be part of you and your significant other's everyday banter — it will keep you connected across the different dimensions of your lives. Intimacy is more than what goes on in the bedroom — paying attention to each other's day-to-day lives strengthens your relationship and creates a feeling of closeness and security.

• Members

Great reminder. I'm not sure how well i do at modeling this behaviour. I think I'll tally my conversations over the next week to kind of get a baseline. It's all in laying a solid foundation--or fixing a cracked one nu?

• Members

I actually met Dr. Berman at a conference about 2 years back. I find her advice simple and on target (for the most part). She really does encourage an everyday intimacy - connecting on all levels to bolster comfort in the sexual realm. I think this is so true. If we show no regard for our partner's life (work, hobbies, stresses) then how can we move from a total individualism to a sexual connectedness?

Thanks for the reminder, I think it is important to note!

• Members
I actually met Dr. Berman at a conference about 2 years back. I find her advice simple and on target (for the most part). She really does encourage an everyday intimacy - connecting on all levels to bolster comfort in the sexual realm. I think this is so true. If we show no regard for our partner's life (work, hobbies, stresses) then how can we move from a total individualism to a sexual connectedness?

Thanks for the reminder, I think it is important to note!

I've only seem her on TV, but she seems great. Glad you like it.

• Members

That's my first question when my SO gets home from work. I'm not with him all day, so I like to know what he's been up to so we have something more to talk about! ^.^

• Members

I leave mine little notes in the morning before he goes to work...he usually writes a response before he leaves...he will call me at his lunch too. When he comes home we try to talk about his day. We try to keep a connection all day even when we are apart :)

• Members

I think it's extremely important, if all you have going on is sex between you and not much else, what happens to the relationship outside the bedroom? I like Dr. Berman too.

• Members
I think foreplay starts the minute you open your eyes in the morning.

Yeah that was the point of this thread right? That everything can be foreplay and lead up to good sex! Some/most couples tend to skip over that and their sex life stagnates...

Thanks LL!

• Members
Yeah that was the point of this thread right? That everything can be foreplay and lead up to good sex! Some/most couples tend to skip over that and their sex life stagnates...

Thanks LL!

My pleasure Sun, I just felt I need to be blunt.