Official Community Forums Home

Favorite Lube For Anal?

mensaphiliac

10 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite lube for anal?

• Swiss Navy Silicone
    • Astroglide X
    • Other silicone - please specify in post
    • Astroglide water base
    • Other water base - please specify in post

• Members

What is your favorite lube for anal play / sex?

We've been using Astroglide water based lube, but I want to look into other options. Last time it dried out and got sticky and obviously that's not a good thing.

So, what say you? Silicone or water based? which brand?

BTW, I have read Mikayla's anal lube article and the reviews on the products. One of the big reasons for my query is that in the article Mikayla recommends Astroglide water based, but in her review seems to recommend Astroglide X over the water based. (Note to Mikayla: I would have just PM'd you, but thought that this might benefit others as well.)

• Members

TO3141-9main.jpg

We have come to like Climax Bursts Anal Lube. We have never had to re-apply. It has always lasted all the way through. It is a littl thicker consistency. Is water based so safe for all toys as well. What I like it is a pop top and isn't messy. I wasn't a big fan of Astroglide as due to it being very thin and comes out quickly. With this it is thicker but easy to use as well so it goes right where you need it. I like this as you don't have a lot of it then that is wasted.

I used it all the time.

There are some reviews on it as well on the forum.

Reviews on Climax Burst Anal Lube

• Members

I have used silicone and my main reason is then I don't have to worry about the toys and such. I am not limited to what I can and cannot use then. I used the Eros Woman Bodyglide. Bodyglide. Again its consistency I didn't like due to using it quite a bit for me time.

• Members
I have used silicone and my main reason is then I don't have to worry about the toys and such. I am not limited to what I can and cannot use then. I used the Eros Woman Bodyglide. Bodyglide. Again its consistency I didn't like due to using it quite a bit for me time.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. :)

• Review Team

http://shop.tootimid.com/climax-h2o.aspx

I like Climax H2O for anal or anything else. It is water-based, so it is toy safe, and it doesn't get sticky. It also seems to have good staying power. I found H2O by accident and it is now my fav. It is not flavored but seems to have a hint of flavor to it any way. (When I use it to give SO a hand-job, then give a BJ, I have detected it.) I have not used a silicone-based lube but I don't really need a lot of lube, even for anal, either, so water-based has been fine.

Guest eminatic

astroglide burns like hell from what i remember. swiss navy is fairly decent but i've never used it for anal. Gun Oil is my favorite silicone lube but again, i've never used it for anal. the main deterrent for silicone lubes to me is the fact that they are hard to wash off and that they melt other silicone items. i remember that the TT pleasuregel (it is water based) wast the most natural feeling and least burning lube that i've ever used.

• Members
astroglide burns like hell from what i remember. swiss navy is fairly decent but i've never used it for anal. Gun Oil is my favorite silicone lube but again, i've never used it for anal. the main deterrent for silicone lubes to me is the fact that they are hard to wash off and that they melt other silicone items. i remember that the TT pleasuregel (it is water based) wast the most natural feeling and least burning lube that i've ever used.

Maybe it is a reaction that your body had with the astroglide or something in it. I have never had a burning sensation at all from it. Curious has anyone else had this happen?

• Review Team
Maybe it is a reaction that your body had with the astroglide or something in it. I have never had a burning sensation at all from it. Curious has anyone else had this happen?

Nope, no burning, but like I said, I am not a big lube user either.

Guest eminatic

i think that there's just something wrong with me....pretty much every lube i've tried has burned, and i've never once had sex where it didn't hurt. although i do know others with sensitive skin that do not like astroglide in particular.

i think that there's just something wrong with me....pretty much every lube i've tried has burned, and i've never once had sex where it didn't hurt. although i do know others with sensitive skin that do not like astroglide in particular.

This is a great point for everyone. I don't think there's something "wront" with your body, you just have reactions to stuff, and haven't figured out what ingredient(s) do it to you yet.

If you have sensitive skin with other things, than yes, some lubes can definitely have a reaction to your skin. If you know what lubes you've used, check the ingredients, and see which ones have the same ingredients. It's probably just one or 2 possibilities. Or it could the the silicone itself.

I have read that l'arginine sometimes gives some people with issues *down there* (like those with HPV or herpes) troubles. Though, and this is just MY personal experience, it doesn't bother me....I've known I have had herpes since 2002. It all depends on the person's chemistry.

I always recommend, for anyone really, see if you can get small samples of the lubes first, before investing in the big bottles, to see if you have any sort of reaction.

Personally, we prefer the Astroglide Anal Shooters to anything else we've tried so far. Although, the Doc Johnson lube that came with the Juli Ashton's anal kit is AWESOME too, but, I haven't been able to find it sold seperately.

• Members

For anal you might want to try Vaseline. But only for anal.

Guest eminatic

vaseline is oil based and leaves a residue that harbors bacteria. when used for anal it increases the chance of infection due to the high amount of bacteria in the area. in addition it also disintegrates condoms. NEVER use vaseline for anal or intercourse of ANY kind. vaseline should only be used for solo male masturbation.

vaseline is oil based and leaves a residue that harbors bacteria. when used for anal it increases the chance of infection due to the high amount of bacteria in the area. in addition it also disintegrates condoms. NEVER use vaseline for anal or intercourse of ANY kind. vaseline should only be used for solo male masturbation.

^---EXACTLY!!!

• 2 months later...
  • Members
^---EXACTLY!!!

I had a favorite anal toy I liked.but IT burned like hell.So stopped using it.On a whim. I covered it in a Latex free glove..cut the fingers off the glove..no burn..so maybe an allergy as mentioned.And not that anything is wrong with you.I now use that favorite toy with a condom.Problem solved

• Members
This is a great point for everyone. I don't think there's something "wront" with your body, you just have reactions to stuff, and haven't figured out what ingredient(s) do it to you yet.

If you have sensitive skin with other things, than yes, some lubes can definitely have a reaction to your skin. If you know what lubes you've used, check the ingredients, and see which ones have the same ingredients. It's probably just one or 2 possibilities. Or it could the the silicone itself.

I have read that l'arginine sometimes gives some people with issues *down there* (like those with HPV or herpes) troubles. Though, and this is just MY personal experience, it doesn't bother me....I've known I have had herpes since 2002. It all depends on the person's chemistry.

I always recommend, for anyone really, see if you can get small samples of the lubes first, before investing in the big bottles, to see if you have any sort of reaction.

Personally, we prefer the Astroglide Anal Shooters to anything else we've tried so far. Although, the Doc Johnson lube that came with the Juli Ashton's anal kit is AWESOME too, but, I haven't been able to find it sold seperately.

I started having anal sex more than 24 years ago. It has only been the last 10 years or so that I've used sexual based lubes. I started with plain old vasoline. It was messy as all get out. From there I moved on to cooking oil. Crisco. Baby oil. Later I tried Astroglide. I liked it ok...its kind of thin and as it warms gets runnier. For a couple years I used ForPlay. I liked that it came out in a blob (thick). As it aged it seemed to thin out so I never bought anymore. On the advice of a foxy sales lady I tried Eros silicone lube. I really liked this lube tho it is terribly expensive. I went thru about 1 1/2 250ml bottles when I just kinda found something easier to wash up with after. The lube I USE NOW runs me .99 per 4oz tube. I use Lubrigel by Sheffield from New London CT. I also use Lubricant Gel distributed by Kareway Products from L.A. CA.. Both are water based and they get the job done. I pick up 5 to 10 tubes when I am getting low so that I NEVER RUN OUT. I hate paying the regular price if I don't have to.

Tho not actually a lube you may want to try this product. It is called 'Play Longer' by Durex. It is sold as a 'male genital desensitizer'. This gel contains 7.5% Benzocaine. It is superior to AnalEze in my book. I put a big gob on the end of my dildo and a line of lube say 3/4" away and place it on my starfish and hold it there for a few seconds before worming it in and out. I really enjoy the numbing sensation along with my favorite 'poppers'. I get my PlayLonger at Rite-Aid for $7 to $9 each depending on how lucky I am. It makes for a VERY ENJOYABLE session.

• Members

I have used all kinds of lube but I have found something that is better than the usual water based lubes. Some say it can be compared to boy butter and that is don't laugh.. Crisco and mineral oil together. The Crisco melts with the body temperature and it last longer and when mixed with mineral oil, applications are fewer. Long showers are need afterwards but it is well worth it

• 4 months later...
  • Members
I have used all kinds of lube but I have found something that is better than the usual water based lubes. Some say it can be compared to boy butter and that is don't laugh.. Crisco and mineral oil together. The Crisco melts with the body temperature and it last longer and when mixed with mineral oil, applications are fewer. Long showers are need afterwards but it is well worth it.

I first heard about BoyButter at least a couple years ago and I still want to try it sometime. Crisco and mineal oil might be worth a shot at trying. If it works good it couldn't hurt to have 10-20 pounds of it on hand For Emergencies. Two is good. Nine is better.