Official Community Forums Home

Any1 Have Experience With Someone With An Std?

Tyger

Have you ever partnered up with someone knowing that they had an STD?

Have you gotten an STD? ( Don't answer that if you're not comfortable with it) :ph34r:

If so, was it treatable?

• Members

I can safely answer this one.

Yes I have partnered up with someone who had an STD but, neither of us knew it.

I still dont know which of my partners gave it to me.

I wound up getting HPV (Humane Papaloma Virus) so far it has been treatable, I have had cryosurgery 4 times.

For those that are reading that dont know what cryosurgery is, the dr inserts a small tube into your uterus and turns on some liquid nitrogen, it freezes the uterus for 3 minutes, lets it thaw for 3 minutes, freeze again, thaw again etc, this cycle continues until the cysts fall off.

Since I have had cryosurgery 4 times, the dr is discussing the possibility of a hysterectomy, or perhaps a "cold knife cone", because the cysts have gone into the precancerous stage.

A cold knife cone is where you go into the hospital, you are put to sleep, then the doctor take a cone shaped section off of the uterus where the cysts are.

It was discovered during a routine yearly physical, my PAP smear came back abnormal.

I can not stress enough to all women, get that yearly check up done.

• Members

As a matter of fact a long long time ago I ended up with an std. I had no idea that he had it though... had i known I would have never been with him. I got PID (pelvic inflammatory infection) and it was painful and I was very sick.. The crappy part about that was that I didn't even know I had it until I started vomiting what looked like bile. I read an article that said that you could have effects of it the rest of your life. I was treated with an antibiotic (2 rounds) and to this day no more problems with it thank god....

• Members

I have not personally, but I know someone who has.

her story is just that she was in love with a man, he told her that he had an STD that was permenant, but treatable, and she went through with it. She now has the disease, and they will have to hold off of intercourse for a while when one or the other is experiencing complications related to the STD. I hope it lasts for them, afterall, that is the last thing you ever want to be stuck with, or have to tell a partner(IMO).

• Members
I have not personally, but I know someone who has.

her story is just that she was in love with a man, he told her that he had an STD that was permenant, but treatable, and she went through with it. She now has the disease, and they will have to hold off of intercourse for a while when one or the other is experiencing complications related to the STD. I hope it lasts for them, afterall, that is the last thing you ever want to be stuck with, or have to tell a partner(IMO).

I'm going to guess when he said "treatable" that it was the medication, Zovirax. It doesn't "treat" it, but lessens the outbreaks. I was approached by a man with an STD and I declined. At this point, I was still wanting to get married and have children.

I would also like to point out that Pelvic Inflammatory Disease is NOT always caused by an STD. Here are a couple of sites that you can read up on it. I just don't want everyone thinking that STD's are the only thing that will cause PID.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000888.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/std/PID/STDFact-PID.htm

Thanks for those who responded.

Here's my story:

I was single, having safe fun met a guy who was 8 yrs my jr, and we fucked like bunnies too!! Well, one night the condom slipped off, which we were so into it, we didn't know, got cleaned up, and well, after a month of that, went our seperate ways (though sometimes I wish we hadn't ended it). I never have been able to find him to ask him if he knew he had it. I'm thinking he didn't. IF it was even him, but I am thinking so (herpes has been found to "hide out" in a body for up to 8 yrs before presenting symptoms in some people!!).

Anyway, about 6 mos later, I get severely stressed over finances, 3 days later it hurt to pee, sit, walk, stand everything. I had a feeling I knew what it was since my sister has it too.

Go to the doctor and my worst fears are confirmed. Yes, I have herpes. Loverly. Wonderful. Yay me. Well, I told my BF (now my hubby) and he was GREAT!! I told him if he wanted to leave, he was more than welcome too, I wouldn't blame him a bit if he did. He said that there were worse things to have, and that we'd work thru it. :)

Less than a year later, we were married, and 6 mos after that we had our daughter. My OB/GYN was GREAT at making sure I was well treated during my pregnancy, and I had my daughter via c-section, no complications.

I won't say it's been a walk in the park, I get depressed at times that this happened to me (may be some of the self-esteem issues). But, as mentioned, my older sister has it, and has always been open about it with me, and she has been a wealth of info for me. She has ALWAYS told potential partners about it, and in the 16 yrs that she has had it, only one man has turned her down after hearing. So I know that there are those out there that either don't care, or are willing to risk it.

Only a handful of friends and 2 family members know that I have it. One being my mother. Surprisingly, she had dated a guy for 3 yrs with it, and I never knew!! :blink: I was amazed she was so open-minded about it (you have to know my mother to understand this statement). And now y'all too. I can't believe I am telling you this. But I feel as though, in the short time I've been here, that most of you are open minded, and honest, and non judgmental enough to understand and accept it.

Yes, I've been tested for everything else under the sun, and am clean otherwise, in case you were wondering. :D My husband doesn't show any signs of having it. I am very careful when I feel a sore coming on, and don't let him near me. He has a weak immune system, so I'm pretty sure he would know if he had it! ;)

Anyway, it's something I am still working thru when I think of it. But ya know, I don't always think of it. I'm not about to let it ruin my life. I was depressed for about a month after finding out, and that's all the depression I am willing to allow it!

• Members
I'm going to guess when he said "treatable" that it was the medication, Zovirax. It doesn't "treat" it, but lessens the outbreaks. I was approached by a man with an STD and I declined. At this point, I was still wanting to get married and have children.

I would also like to point out that Pelvic Inflammatory Disease is NOT always caused by an STD. Here are a couple of sites that you can read up on it. I just don't want everyone thinking that STD's are the only thing that will cause PID.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000888.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/std/PID/STDFact-PID.htm

Yeah, I know that PID can be caused by other factors, however we aren't sure where it came from the doc never really said. But it is very much so considered an std, which sucks.... I have been to other docs since then and they ask if I've ever had an std, and I say I dont know but i had PID once and they're like well yeah then you have. So I dont know. I also have and always have had problems with my female organs and would very much like to think that it was caused by that but the fact remains that I just dont know. However, thanks for the sites I have a friend having trouble with PID right now so I will pass these sites on to her. I'm sure she could use them..