Official Community Forums Home

Whats Going On!

Hello everyone Newbie here! I have been with my DH for 11yrs married going on 2yrs we have 2 kids and all is good but lately my sex drive has been next to ZERO yeah ZERO I just don't feel the need and is crazy because i love sex... I some how found this site and ordered some new toys and lotions, and hope this will help my DH and I ... how do couple that have been together for so long coupe with the routine of life, sex ect...

Thanks

• Members
Hello everyone Newbie here! I have been with my DH for 11yrs married going on 2yrs we have 2 kids and all is good but lately my sex drive has been next to ZERO yeah ZERO I just don't feel the need and is crazy because i love sex... I some how found this site and ordered some new toys and lotions, and hope this will help my DH and I ... how do couple that have been together for so long coupe with the routine of life, sex ect...

Thanks

Look you could be exhausted from the and all the stuff you need to do all day long. Caring for 2 children and taking care of a home, meals weather or not you work is hard; Or you could be going through some hormonal changes. When is your next OB apt? If it soon, talk to your Dr. about it while your in your apt. If not make a phone call, I know my Doc is always ready to answer questions. Don't get to bent out of shape about it our you may make it worse. However, I think you have the right idea, being proactive for yourself b ordering toys and asking questions.

• Members

Ladylove is right on when in comes to possible reasons. When my patients bring this issue up I ask them the following questions

1. Do you work - if yes doing what, how many hours a day/week

2. What is your "wife" work load? housekeeping, laundry, etc, Does your SO lend a hand?

3. What is your "mom" work load? kids activities, chauffer duty, etc. Does your SO lend a hand?

4. Are you using birth control? If yes what type? (BCP can cause a decrease in your libido)

5. Have you started taking any new medications (prescription or over-the-counter)?

6. How are you sleeping? Are you getting less then 8 hrs/night? Are you up and down through out the night?

7. Have you had a full physical lately? (if not it would be a reasonable thing to get done)

8. Any other family/friend stressors? By family I mean husband, kids, parents, siblings

9. Any significant weight change in the preceeding 6 months? (increases or decreases)

10. How do you feel about yourself at this point in your life? How do you feel about where your life is at?

Any and all of the above can effect you emotionally, metally and physically and ultimately affect your sex drive. It's really a process of stepping back and looking at all aspects of your life. Hormonal changes can cause a change in your sex drive, and hormonal changes can be caused by stress, fatigue, medications, where you are age wise in your life, etc.

As a physician I'd love for this question to have an easy, one size fits all answer, but it never does.

• Members
Ladylove is right on when in comes to possible reasons. When my patients bring this issue up I ask them the following questions

2. What is your "wife" work load? housekeeping, laundry, etc, Does your SO lend a hand?

3. What is your "mom" work load? kids activities, chauffer duty, etc. Does your SO lend a hand?

4. Are you using birth control? If yes what type? (BCP can cause a decrease in your libido)

5. Have you started taking any new medications (prescription or over-the-counter)?

6. How are you sleeping? Are you getting less then 8 hrs/night? Are you up and down through out the night?

7. Have you had a full physical lately? (if not it would be a reasonable thing to get done)

8. Any other family/friend stressors? By family I mean husband, kids, parents, siblings

9. Any significant weight change in the preceeding 6 months? (increases or decreases)

10. How do you feel about yourself at this point in your life? How do you feel about where your life is at?

Any and all of the above can effect you emotionally, metally and physically and ultimately affect your sex drive. It's really a process of stepping back and looking at all aspects of your life. Hormonal changes can cause a change in your sex drive, and hormonal changes can be caused by stress, fatigue, medications, where you are age wise in your life, etc.

As a physician I'd love for this question to have an easy, one size fits all answer, but it never does.

Wow, great info :D. Thanx for posting this.

• Members

What awesome questions to ask your patients! Where were you when I asked my ob/gyn about my zero libido?! Thank you for providing such great care and recognizing that sexuality is a part of our overall good health!