Official Community Forums Home

A Question For The Quiet People

Kama

• Members

I'm quiet, but it's b/c I usually think about sex or fantasize about something naughty! When I meet other quiet people, I wonder if they're doing the same thing...haha. :lol:

I get distracted by sex..it's hard to sometimes talk to people or get into conversations, b/c I drift off and start thinking about stuff. B)

• Review Team

That happens to me some times, especially if I know a special night awaits me at home. I also find that when I people-watch, I often think naughty thoughts about them. Not like, "oh he/she is hot and I want to jump their bones" but more like I wonder if they had sex that morning, if they are kinky, etc.

• Members
That happens to me some times, especially if I know a special night awaits me at home. I also find that when I people-watch, I often think naughty thoughts about them. Not like, "oh he/she is hot and I want to jump their bones" but more like I wonder if they had sex that morning, if they are kinky, etc.

I'm very quiet IRL and it's because I'm often thinking about something else (not always sex though!). I've been practicing "being present" and living in the moment. I live in my head way too much for my SO's comfort.

• Members

"It's always the quiet ones," eh? ;)

I've always been a very quiet person, and IMO quiet people are always thinking about something... not necessarily sex though! In my case I'm usually thinking about tropical fish :lol:

Guest eminatic

im REALLY quiet in real life and hate talking to people or being approached by people. although i'm usually not thinking about sex.

OK, OK, DON'T laugh, I KNOW I'm not quiet..........however, when I AM quiet, it's usually because I'm thinking of something serious, around unfamiliar people, sick, worried, or extremely tired. Usually, when I'm thinking about sex, I talk about sex.

• Members

I'm also am quiet not shy IRL. I love to speak to people, listen to what they have to say. People are forever saying things that surprise me. I am constantly being told things that I cant believe a person is sharing. Maybe it's because I'm so very private IRL too. Remember ladies and gents quiet is in no way mean shy!

• Members
I'm very quiet IRL and it's because I'm often thinking about something else (not always sex though!). I've been practicing "being present" and living in the moment. I live in my head way too much for my SO's comfort.

Me too! Daydreaming is a sinful pleasure of mine. But, I would say at parties, or at work meetings next to my cute co-worker, when I'm quiet or when I see a couple kiss, listening to songs in the car......I start thinking about se and drift off. :kiss:

• Members
I'm also am quiet not shy IRL. I love to speak to people, listen to what they have to say. People are forever saying things that surprise me. I am constantly being told things that I cant believe a person is sharing. Maybe it's because I'm so very private IRL too. Remember ladies and gents quiet is in no way mean shy!

I understand. But in social situations don't you feel like you are expected to say something? I feel that way, and it is uncomfortable, so I don't like socializing too much. When someone says something about being quiet I just say, "I never learn anything when I'm talking." I have found a line of work that lets me listen to people without saying anything original - just asking questions. I like it, I learn a lot and I don't feel awkward.

• Members
I understand. But in social situations don't you feel like you are expected to say something? I feel that way, and it is uncomfortable, so I don't like socializing too much. When someone says something about being quiet I just say, "I never learn anything when I'm talking." I have found a line of work that lets me listen to people without saying anything original - just asking questions. I like it, I learn a lot and I don't feel awkward.

We do a bunch of business-social stuff for my husbands work, and we do go out on a pretty regular basis when my husband's not working and home. In each situation I feel like people come to me/us mostly, not all the time. If asked a question they just go on and on..... a bit overly eager to share. I've learned how to add to a conversation but at the same time ending with a question that allows them to talk.... I agree I'd much rather listen with the possibility to learn something interesting, and I don't like to divulge much about myself or my family; Yea and I the more social than my husband.

I have always asked questions, my sister tells me all the time I ask to many questions and dig to deep. :) Inquiring mind want to know.

• Members

I also am quiet. While I have my share of dirty thoughts, mostly I'm just not a good conversationalist. And often when I do have something to say, others around me are yakkers and it's just hard to get a word in with these people sometimes.

Plus I'm a bit socially awkward, so after enough chiming in with something that doesn't fit with the ongoing conversation, you just learn it's better to keep your mouth shut.

And then that time in 4th grade when the teacher asked if we could think of any chores around the house that only a woman should do. "Clean the bathroom," I piped up with, 'cuz in my house my mom cleaned the bathroom and my dad never did. The teacher just about ripped me a new asshole for that (or so it seemed to me as a 9 year old kid), with most of the girls in the class scowling at me. Again, another lesson to keep my mouth shut.