Official Community Forums Home

Buyers Remorse....

• Members

Have you ever gotten "Buyers Remorse?" Ya know when you sleep with some one and regret it? If so why and what did you do?

The last guy I slept with totally gave me buyers remorse, I mean, nice guy, hopefully we'll be good friends and all that jazz, but I HATE one night stands and I was definitely under the impression it wouldn't be just a wham-bam-thank you ma'am. I lemented for a bit, still bugs me, but oh well right? Ya live and ya learn.

• Review Team

Yep, I am guilty of this.

I have slept with more than one guy who talked a good game at a time that I was receptive to being told bullshit but hearing sweet-nothings. I have also been with a guy or two who I admittedly used for what I wanted/needed at the time. In both cases, guilt would usually start sneaking in even before I was back home.

How did I handle that? I eventually realized that I too was allowed to make mistakes and occasionally be a little selfish. I never tried to tell myself that it was "right" but rather stop beating myself up for doing something "wrong." It is a lot easier said than done, but give yourself a break for not being perfect. There is no way to take it back, so focus on the fact that it felt damn good when you were doing it and learn from it.

No, can't say I have. There's only been one man that I slept with once, and we were teenagers, and got interrupted, so we never got to finish, and THAT is what I regret! ;)

• Review Team
???? Does ex's count???????????????

I think so because all of the situations I mentioned were a long time ago and not necessarily one night stands. I have actually only had one of those, which in this case is even worse because I am admitting to using and being used more than once by the same people. Like I said, I had a lot of guilt, still do, but you just have to deal with it.

• Members

Yeah, I had a friend I was doing a "favor" I thought we both had fun, things were ok for a while till he started dating a friend of mine, now he won't talk to me at all. I don't regret being with him, it was worth it. I do regret that it cost me a friendship. I would chose his friendship over her any day!

• Members
Suzy, It's all about Living and Learning. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Oh I'm not, I mean, we're friends and all but ya know? If he just hadn't said all those things AFTER we'd had sex the first time, ya know?

But I figured I wasn't the only one who regreted something like this, maybe not a one night stand but ya know? regretted adding that notch to your bed post

• Members
Oh I'm not, I mean, we're friends and all but ya know? If he just hadn't said all those things AFTER we'd had sex the first time, ya know?

But I figured I wasn't the only one who regreted something like this, maybe not a one night stand but ya know? regretted adding that notch to your bed post

I'm sure your not. BTW, buy some wood filler so you won't have to look at those pesky notches.