Official Community Forums Home

Question About Diet In Relation To Scent...

Shoop

• Members

K, the boyfriend was away for the weekend and since I don't cook, well I "indulged" in a few salmon sandwiches while he was gone. We had sex when he came back and I swear, my vaj...well it smelled vaguely of salmon. Ewwww! I don't THINK it's a STI (ironically I just had a check up so I'll know for sure in 2 wks) because it smelled so SIMILAR to salmon...and I kept thinking that I know that WHAT MEN eat effects how they TASTE so can diet effect how we SMELL?

:rolleyes:

Anyways, It was really embarrassing. I don't know if he noticed....i have a CRAZY GOOD sense of smell and I'm not sure if he does. I was scared to ask if he noticed...(because if he didn't, I didn't want to draw attention to it!)

• Members

I know we have had this discussion before but the actual thread eludes me. I will post the link when I find it again!

• Members

Bacterial vaginitis/vaginosis can also cause a "fishy" oder to the vaginal secretions. Same is true when you have a trichamonias infection. Both can be easily diagnosed by an OB/Gyn or Family Medicine doctor by doing what's called a "wet mount". This is done in the office at the time of the visit so - need for a lab test. So if the oder persists I'd recommend that you get it checked.

• Members

Yes ma'am. What we eat can affect our personal scent. Most things are too mild to affect it, but there are a few things that will instantly do it. Asparagus for instant - always makes your pee (and yes, ejaculate) smell like asparagus. Salmon is a fish that when eaten in larger amounts can make a distinct smell. FYI, Fish Oil tablets can do the same thing.

My advice: try to balance it out with sweet scents: pineapple, cinnamon, cheries, peaches.

If the smell continues, definitely get a check up!

• Members
Yes ma'am. What we eat can affect our personal scent. Most things are too mild to affect it, but there are a few things that will instantly do it. Asparagus for instant - always makes your pee (and yes, ejaculate) smell like asparagus. Salmon is a fish that when eaten in larger amounts can make a distinct smell. FYI, Fish Oil tablets can do the same thing.

My advice: try to balance it out with sweet scents: pineapple, cinnamon, cheries, peaches.

If the smell continues, definitely get a check up!

omg, not only did I eat salmon that day, but I RECENTLY started taking fish oil supplements!