Official Community Forums Home

Motorcyclists

Tyger

I am ALL for those that are enjoying their motorcycles, don't get me wrong. I know and love several biker friends of mine, including a Houston Metro Police Officer. However, that said, those small few idiots that think that because they're on a motorcycle, they don't need to obey the rules, like how/when to change lanes, or speeding between vehicles on the white dotted line, hell no!! Today, while going into town, with my daughter in the car, 2 motorcyclists were coming up on me FAST, (at least they had helmets on), and they fly past me, and one changes lanes right infront of me. I bet he could've tapped my blinker with his foot if he'd twitched! I blared me oh-so-intimidating Subaru horn (it goes MEEEEP MEEEEEEEEEEEP, :rolleyes: striking terror in al that hear it!! LMAO), but he KNEW why I did that, and the asshole just waves. :angry: But if I had hit HIM, I'd bet he'd say how this mother of one, in a 4 cylander, was speeding like a maniac!!!

If you're a biker, PLEASE follow the laws, common courtesy, and common sense when driving. It's NOT all about YOU. Cuz, I am here to tell you, if you hit ME, or cause ME to wreck, especially with my daugher in the car, grizzly bear mothers got NOTHING on my protectiveness when it comes to her.

• Members

With the numbers showing how dangerous motorcycle riding is, I sometimes wonder how much of that is just because they don't have a shell of a car around them for protection, and how much is from their own stupidity and recklessness. Probably a bit of both, but I see plenty motorsickles do things where I just shake my head.

• Members

Around here anyway, it's the idiots on the crotch rocket bikes that drive like fools. The riders on the bigger road bikes and Harleys ride like they should for the most part. I've been guilty od riding too fast in my life but only on the open road and not like a maniac in traffic.

• Members
Around here anyway, it's the idiots on the crotch rocket bikes that drive like fools. The riders on the bigger road bikes and Harleys ride like they should for the most part. I've been guilty od riding too fast in my life but only on the open road and not like a maniac in traffic.

In terms of staying in line and not speeding, America has the most orderly traffic of anyplace I've ever been. I've never been in any city outside on North America where motorcyclists sit in line behind cars. In lots of places ( Naples, Cairo, Egypt and Phuket, in Thailand are the worst I've ever seen) there simply are no traffic rules. The thing American drivers really suck at is cruising in the passing lane of 4 lane highways. Anyone who does that in Europe is considered an incredibly bad driver and a danger on the highway. I've only seen one American get stopped for going too slow in the passing lane here, but I understand it's common in Europe.

• Members

I've been riding since I was 12 (turned 50 a couple days ago). I've owned all kinds of bikes including "Crotch Rockets" but only have put my own life in danger doin stupid shit. I think age has alot to do with it. I know when I was younger mortality wasn't a factor in my thought processes. "The older you get, the smaller your balls become". Fortunately most states have made stunts on motorcycles criminal offenses rather than just a fine (if they can catch them). It's Fucktards like the one Tyger delt with hard on the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Around here anyway, it's the idiots on the crotch rocket bikes that drive like fools.

The riders on the bigger road bikes and Harleys ride like they should for the most part.

In my area its the bozo on the crotchrocket driving like a loonie on the freeway. The Harley and big bike riders are more relaxed and their number of lunatics is smaller. With age comes wisdom. . .for the most part.

You know Tyger you could get a larger (LOUDER) horn installed. Perhaps an airhorn. Go all out with something for or off of a semi tractor. This could be an expensive option but the next time a loonie buzzs your sled a blast up his ass might teach him a lesson. By the same token when I hear of a crotchrocket crash the aftermath is akin to a bug hitting a windshield. Problem solved.

I understand your grievance with idiot drivers. We have our share on the I-5 corridor and surrounding roads. I grasp your she bear posture also. My driving technique is a combination of defensive and _________ strategies. Mostly tho I keep in the 'truck' lane and do 60 even if I could do 70. I would do 50 if I could get away with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
I've been riding since I was 12 (turned 50 a couple days ago). I've owned all kinds of bikes including "Crotch Rockets" but only have put my own life in danger doin stupid shit. I think age has alot to do with it. I know when I was younger mortality wasn't a factor in my thought processes. "The older you get, the smaller your balls become". Fortunately most states have made stunts on motorcycles criminal offenses rather than just a fine (if they can catch them). It's Fucktards like the one Tyger delt with hard on the rest of us.

My brother and I got our first mini-bike when I was 5-6 years old. I have been on many bikes since. We didn't learn safety with bike #1 sice we were in the sand and didn't have to worry too much since we could barely keep it upright.

The lessons I have learned, oft times the hard way, are that I am more responsible than the other guy when my life is at stake! Why should someone in a 4 wheel vehicle with fiberglass/metal wrapped around them give a shit about my ignorance? They rarely care about their own.

I am not saying Tyger is wrong here folks, so don't jump on this as a rant in her direction. She is very much in the right to be concerned!