Official Community Forums Home

Orgasm And Crying?

• Members

Ok this is crazy, I need help understanding this...Anyone else experience this? I was married for 8 years

(my divorce is final today!!!!! Yeah!) I have a new bf and he is awesome!!! However, when I finally have an orgasm, I burst into tears!!!! Everytime. It is like the few seconds after is so emotional I can't control myself. I feel like a freak. This has never happened before. I have been in this relationship for well over a year and the sex gets better and better...and better... I can't complain. I just can't figure out the whole cring thing....

• Members
Orgasms serve both a physical, and sometimes an emotional release. Some people cry because they are so happy, and this may be the genesis of this condition. You sound like that marriage was really bad, and you are so happy to be with your new BF, who is treating you right.

Divorce is an emotional wrenching period, that does not often really start until court proceedings end, and then doesn't finish until a couple of year after you begin living a new life. There are many stored up feelings that you surpressed throughout that relationship that now want OUT! Let them happen, and stop worry about the crying. I am sure your new bf will understand. Crying is a great catharsis, and releases the same pheromones that an orgasm does. That may also be the genesis of this situation, as the brain associates the release of pheromones with crying, more than with orgasms. Give yourself some slack, and time, and everything will even out.

Howard

You are not a freak. My girlfriend has cried a few times to after oral. She tells me its from the overall warm feeling of orgasm, but more from the emotional\love ties with me that she never experienced with a marriage of 22 yrs. I do more cuddling and kissing with her after she cries to. Good stuff. Its a great emotional experience for me to.

Telecom

• Members

You're not a freak! :) I've been with my husband for 11 years and I've had that happen to me a handful of times. There were stressors in my life and with climax came tears -- a total release session! :blink: It was such a powerful time with him... not just orgasmically but emotionally, I was ...overwhelmed... sound familiar?

The first two times I did it, he was beside himself, wondering what he'd done wrong or if he hurt me. It took me a while to get him to realize he'd done nothing WRONG -- he'd done everything RIGHT! :wub:

Like Howard mentioned, it sounds as though you're in a good place for you right now, your new boyfriend being part of that good place. Don't stress over it; it will work itself out.

• Members
You're not a freak! :) I've been with my husband for 11 years and I've had that happen to me a handful of times. There were stressors in my life and with climax came tears -- a total release session! :blink: It was such a powerful time with him... not just orgasmically but emotionally, I was ...overwhelmed... sound familiar?

The first two times I did it, he was beside himself, wondering what he'd done wrong or if he hurt me. It took me a while to get him to realize he'd done nothing WRONG -- he'd done everything RIGHT! :wub:

Like Howard mentioned, it sounds as though you're in a good place for you right now, your new boyfriend being part of that good place. Don't stress over it; it will work itself out.

You know I love this place!!!!!! This has been going on so long....I just didn't know who to ask...Silly me.

Yes Howard, my marriage sucked big.... was very abusive, especially emotionally. I wasn't allowed to actually have any emotions, or feel anything. He couldn't handle it. i had to cry in the shower, so he couldn't hear me. I would just get ridiculed... I owned a business, a house, have a 4 year old. She was 2 when I left... I took her 8 suitcases, got on a plane...move 1500 miles away....(Hubbie was a druggie)

Now I am much happier now... Now I feel EVERY THING... It is hard sometimes to shuffle these feelings around... This crying after orgasm IS so very powerful.... I feel light as a feather once I calm down..

• Members
You know I love this place!!!!!! This has been going on so long....I just didn't know who to ask...Silly me.

Yes Howard, my marriage sucked big.... was very abusive, especially emotionally. I wasn't allowed to actually have any emotions, or feel anything. He couldn't handle it. i had to cry in the shower, so he couldn't hear me. I would just get ridiculed... I owned a business, a house, have a 4 year old. She was 2 when I left... I took her 8 suitcases, got on a plane...move 1500 miles away....(Hubbie was a druggie)

Now I am much happier now... Now I feel EVERY THING... It is hard sometimes to shuffle these feelings around... This crying after orgasm IS so very powerful.... I feel light as a feather once I calm down..

First of all, Yay for Chickiedoo. I applaud your strength!!! It takes some balls to just get up and leave a situation that stressful!

Second of all, you are NOT a freak. I have cried several times after orgasm. It has been this spontaneous explosion of tears and orgasm and I've never felt more alive! Embrace those emotions! They are a gift!

• Members

Chickiedoo, You are NOT A FREAK!!!! :D I have cried before to after having a O. I have learned that it was not only the wonderful feelings of the physical action but also the release of all the emotional build up I had from previous situtation and to FINALLY feel as needed,cherished and Loved by someone was amazing along with the excitement of the O was just so overwhelming and powerful. Nothing is wrong with you and it may all be to the happiness and love you are feeling along with the physical and mental aspect of the O all at once. Since we all know that you are so relaxed during the O everything is coming out at once.(pun intended)

:D

• Members
Chickiedoo, You are NOT A FREAK!!!! :D I have cried before to after having a O. I have learned that it was not only the wonderful feelings of the physical action but also the release of all the emotional build up I had from previous situtation and to FINALLY feel as needed,cherished and Loved by someone was amazing along with the excitement of the O was just so overwhelming and powerful. Nothing is wrong with you and it may all be to the happiness and love you are feeling along with the physical and mental aspect of the O all at once. Since we all know that you are so relaxed during the O everything is coming out at once.(pun intended)

:D

OK so now.... I was with bf Fridaynight..... couldn't O then I CRIED..... I wanted to in the worst way. Maybe I am a freak and I just like to cry... He was so awesome. I think for a moment he felt relief. It is the first time that has happened to me. (not the first for him...if you know what I mean) so he realized..we are all human.

I am now up to 8 toys.... Really wanting to figure out what makes me tick. (and him) despite all the emotional stuff. We are having loads of fun learning each other. Thanks for all your input!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Oh Chickiedoo....I am sorry I missed this post!

Crying during orgasm is a common occurrence - as is laughing actually. When we orgasm, there is a release of hormones and these hormones can cause a wide range of emotions. Sometimes I laugh so hard I think I can't breathe! Other times I cry from the release (Tantric moments usually)!

Also, women are emotional creatures, you have left a bad relationship and are now in a good relationship - being able to trust and enjoy your sexual relationship with someone with whom you care and love can in and of itself be enough to make you cry, weep, laugh or anything else! I would say you will probably have a wide range of emotions for quite a while - especially as you adjust to being divorced!

It is possible that you feel so good with this new "you" - free from the bad marriage that you are finally able to explore all the feelings associated with the orgasm - and hence, are freed of all emotions that have been bottled up inside you.

A good cry is worth a billion dollars in my book - and a good orgasm is worth 2 billion - so there you go! Enjoy your relationship, enjoy your sex - and by GOD, enjoy your new life girl, you deserve it!

Be happy, be healthy and be yourself!

Mikayla

• Members

Crying's fine, long as you're certain it's one of happiness or beauty or sympathy or bond or whatever, and not fear or anything.

Like... the good kind of crying, is if you cry watching someone sacrifice themself to save someone else, or when Bruce Willis gets smashed up against the walls at the end of Unbreakable, or when Powder touches the deer and the hunter.