Official Community Forums Home

I Have A 2 Word Rant:

Tyger

GAS PRICES!!! :angry: :angry:

• Members

Seconded! My car has a high performance engine which requires premium gas. I bought it back when premium was $0.97 a gallon! <_<

Remember when everyone (Ok The Liberals mostly) bashed George W Bush for High gas prices???

Gosh how I long for the good old days of $2 a gallon gas!!

I was SOOOOO happy to see that $40 almost filled my car. I mean, I was stressed that the big oil/gas companies families wouldn't be able to afford the mortgage on their 3rd homes, or exotic vacations. mean, I was loosing sleep over their situations, and possible loss of million dollar bonuses! Silly me!

And I LOVED that Obama said that we should "just get use to high gas prices and trade in our cars for hybrids". Yeah, I can afford another payment, sure, why not! Considering he gets paid, oh, what? About $400K each yr he's President, then about what? $180K after his term ends JUST for being President (wish I got that kind of perk from the job I got let go with)! Not to mention that, at this point, he doesn't even PAY for gas cuz his ass gets carted around (as does his family for the sake of National Security), on OUR dollar, so why would he feel the sting of higher gas prices. What an ass.......

• Members

Keep in mind you always have the option to run for president too so you can fix the problems. As far as $4.00 a gallon gas it is past due. Just keep in mind that in European countries they have been paying double digit gas prices for years now. I agree that it is hard to swallow payments for many people but in the long run more demand equals more research equals more efficiency equals lower costs. I know this view will be supremely unpopular but hey, it is what it is.

Randy.

Considering I don't have the qualifications for President, that's out the window. Plus, I'd pass laws like "Anti-Stupid Act", LOL. But, I wil proclaim proudly that I did NOT vote this President in!

• Members

Keep in mind you always have the option to run for president too so you can fix the problems. As far as $4.00 a gallon gas it is past due. Just keep in mind that in European countries they have been paying double digit gas prices for years now. I agree that it is hard to swallow payments for many people but in the long run more demand equals more research equals more efficiency equals lower costs. I know this view will be supremely unpopular but hey, it is what it is.

Randy.

You are right, of course. As long as fuel is cheap there is no incentive to find an alternative or ways to conserve. We've been lucky in that we have had several warnings and price bumps that haven't lasted so long they've devastated the whole economy and thrown us into a depression. It has stimulated some research, so that when the inevitable happens, we will be somewhat better prepared for it. It sucks, but as you say, it is what it is.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

The prices of everything are going up! Fortunately gas prices went down, but still a hard pill to swallow. I'm not in the states, but our leaders are telling us pretty much the same thing. Soon, the demand for eco-friendly transportation will cause prices for hybrids to go down. Maybe not so much for us in this decade, but the this generation of children most likely won't remember what a gas pump is. Here's hoping anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Considering I don't have the qualifications for President, that's out the window. Plus, I'd pass laws like "Anti-Stupid Act", LOL. But, I wil proclaim proudly that I did NOT vote this President in!

LOL Does this Anti-Stupid act allow for us to have 5 get out of jail free cards in our life time because "they needed killin because they're stupid"? :D

Also, if you could pass a law to keep seniors off the roads after age 70, I'd appreciate it. ;)